Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 12:01:40 pm

Author Topic: what should I do for the days before exams  (Read 1257 times)  Share 

sushi7

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
what should I do for the days before exams
« on: November 02, 2019, 08:44:05 pm »
hey guys we've got three more days till the methods exam
how come I'm not in the mood of studying anymore.
for past a few weeks I have done so many practice papers and did alright but still don't have enough confidence.
I have been doing almost nothing the whole day. the only thing i did was going through some mistakes I made for 2018 and 2019 papers, but after that I couldn't focus anymore.
how do you guys study before exams? I feel a bit depressed cuz I feel bad for doing nothing. :( :( :(

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Re: what should I do for the days before exams
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 08:54:20 pm »
+1
hey guys we've got three more days till the methods exam
how come I'm not in the mood of studying anymore.
for past a few weeks I have done so many practice papers and did alright but still don't have enough confidence.
I have been doing almost nothing the whole day. the only thing i did was going through some mistakes I made for 2018 and 2019 papers, but after that I couldn't focus anymore.
how do you guys study before exams? I feel a bit depressed cuz I feel bad for doing nothing. :( :( :(

oh no dont remind me ha ha. For me, my motivation has be slowlyyyyyy sinking away. For these last few days, I'm just doing random questions here and there, particularly to work on speed. I've also saved the 2018 exams, and will be working through them tomorrow.

I agree with you for feeling bad for not doing anything! Especially because its a long weekend (I've got Monday off too) I really feel like I should be studying, but my motivation is really not letting me.

If you dont feel like doing much heavy, I recommend read through the study design and just make sure youre across everything, I personally found it helpful.

How are you feeling about the exam coming up?

sushi7

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 09:07:16 pm »
oh no dont remind me ha ha. For me, my motivation has be slowlyyyyyy sinking away. For these last few days, I'm just doing random questions here and there, particularly to work on speed. I've also saved the 2018 exams, and will be working through them tomorrow.

I agree with you for feeling bad for not doing anything! Especially because its a long weekend (I've got Monday off too) I really feel like I should be studying, but my motivation is really not letting me.

If you dont feel like doing much heavy, I recommend read through the study design and just make sure youre across everything, I personally found it helpful.

How are you feeling about the exam coming up?

tbh i wanna get it done as soon as possible haha. i feel like if my brain is functioning well during the exam and the exams are not extremely difficult, the results would be alright. but still, kinda scared. what about you?

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 09:21:04 pm »
tbh i wanna get it done as soon as possible haha. i feel like if my brain is functioning well during the exam and the exams are not extremely difficult, the results would be alright. but still, kinda scared. what about you?

yeah I agree - as long as VCAA doesnt throw something really unusual I'm not too nervous - my biggest issue is time. I honestly cant wait until the end of Thursday haha. As methods is my only 3/4 this year, I cant wait until its over as its been pretty much taken up so much of my time this year. I cant wait to work on other subjects that I personally enjoy so much more.

Good Luck!!

sushi7

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 09:22:44 pm »

sara.vce

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 04:53:49 pm »
+1
I can definitely relate to the feeling of not being confident for an exam but not knowing what I should do!
For me, it's useful to clarify questions with teachers (i.e. pretty much asking them to solve the question for me and seeing if I understand it). I often use textbooks from my school library to access more questions early on and then in the final few days I don't do too much (just work on overall speed and concentrate on calculator skills).
I've got a post on my blog about how I study for maths if you're interested. This is the link --> https://chamomileandcolour.wordpress.com/2019/10/10/how-i-revise-for-maths/ .
Hope you found that helpful!