Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 06:16:45 pm

Author Topic: Is it possible to go from failing to 40ss? (Next year)  (Read 704 times)  Share 

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
Is it possible to go from failing to 40ss? (Next year)
« on: October 28, 2019, 07:10:00 pm »
This year in maths methods 1/2 most of my grades have been in the 40%. I got a tutor and now they are between low 50s high sixties. Could I get a 35 (realistically)? Or 40 (highly unlikely I know)? I’m willing to work hard. I do all the questions even watch khan academy etc. and get them all right but in sacs I get so much anxiety and I end up doing so badly (in Trig I got 51% non calc, 67% calc) anyone got stories of struggling in methods but pulling a decent score? Any suggestions of what to do? In every other subject I’m 85%+ but Methods is my anomaly :(
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

Asphodel

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Is it possible to go from failing to 40ss? (Next year)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 07:42:57 am »
I certainly think so. My best advice as a year 12 just about to enter exams would be to use the summer holidays to work on methods if you really want to excel in the subject.

It doesn’t have to be too much work, but if you use the textbook and/or Edrolo you could get through most of unit 3 before even starting the classes.

Personal anecdote; I sucked at Methods all the way through year 11, averaging somewhere between 40-60% throughout the year. After knuckling down hard though, I’ve managed to bring my scores up a ton in preparation for the exam, which you could definitely do too.

My biggest regret in regards to methods would certainly be not doing some coursework on the holidays. Strong students from my school generally finish the Methods course (and other subjects) in the June-July holidays and use the rest of the year for revision and practice exams. I guarantee that if you did that you’d have a fair shot at a raw 40 by the time you get to the end of year 12.
2018: Business Management
2019:  Accounting | Legal Studies | Further | Methods | English Language