Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:22:18 pm

Author Topic: Standards of Music  (Read 913 times)  Share 

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Standards of Music
« on: January 30, 2019, 10:37:42 pm »
Hey Guys!
I joined music and missed two years ffrom year 8 and nine due to limited classes for music.
I have came to know alot or somewhat a standard knowledge of music and wanted to know what are the key areas in each concept i should revise and how?

thanks,
Komal:)
-KgkG-

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Standards of Music
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 11:56:27 pm »
+7
Howdy!! I don't think you'll be bothered much, if you can:
- Understand rhythmic notations (EG - you know what 4/4 means, and how a crotchet compares to a semiquaver, etc)
- Know the notes on the bass/treble clefs

Then they'll teach you most everything you need to know above that. Music 1 is designed to be picked up by students who haven't done Music in Years 9-10, so you'll be all sweet. Maybe brush up on your musical terminology (allegro, ritardando, blah blah) but I wouldn't worry about anything until you actually hit a hurdle in class ;D

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Re: Standards of Music
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 10:32:49 pm »
Howdy!! I don't think you'll be bothered much, if you can:
- Understand rhythmic notations (EG - you know what 4/4 means, and how a crotchet compares to a semiquaver, etc)
- Know the notes on the bass/treble clefs

Then they'll teach you most everything you need to know above that. Music 1 is designed to be picked up by students who haven't done Music in Years 9-10, so you'll be all sweet. Maybe brush up on your musical terminology (allegro, ritardando, blah blah) but I wouldn't worry about anything until you actually hit a hurdle in class ;D

THANKS MATE:):):)
-KgkG-