Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:55:17 pm

Author Topic: The Possibility of a Band 6 in chemisty?  (Read 4378 times)

annaconda

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
The Possibility of a Band 6 in chemisty?
« on: October 24, 2017, 06:59:03 pm »
Hello all,

Chemistry is on next week, and to put my mind at ease, what will I have to get in the HSC to get a band 6?

I'm currently rank 2/10 at my school with an internal of 83 (bombed my trials). I know that assessment marks get moderated, so what will I have to get in the exam to bump my final mark into the 90's? For additional information, I think rank 1 has internals of 87/88/89. (I've also read Jamon's article on scaling)

I've been doing past papers, and I have been geting low 90's. If I were to score that high in the actual HSC (touch wood), would my internal mark be pushed up to align more the the HSC mark, with respect to mark distribution to the rest of my chem cohort at my school? The lowest mark in the class is low 40's????

Also, another thing which has been causing me great stress is why is my student number only eight digits, where the boxes has allocated spaces for 9???
HSC 2018: Eng Avd, Physics, Ext 1 Math, Ext 2 Math

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
Re: The Possibility of a Band 6 in chemisty?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 07:03:20 pm »
Hello all,

Chemistry is on next week, and to put my mind at ease, what will I have to get in the HSC to get a band 6?

I'm currently rank 2/10 at my school with an internal of 83 (bombed my trials). I know that assessment marks get moderated, so what will I have to get in the exam to bump my final mark into the 90's? For additional information, I think rank 1 has internals of 87/88/89. (I've also read Jamon's article on scaling)

I've been doing past papers, and I have been geting low 90's. If I were to score that high in the actual HSC (touch wood), would my internal mark be pushed up to align more the the HSC mark, with respect to mark distribution to the rest of my chem cohort at my school? The lowest mark in the class is low 40's????

Also, another thing which has been causing me great stress is why is my student number only eight digits, where the boxes has allocated spaces for 9???

Hey can't comment on the Band six thing (I'm on around the same mark for French as you and wondering the same thing haha) but in terms of the student number boxes - there may be one extra simply for if you made a mistake on one number so you can cross it out and ignore it essentially?
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

annaconda

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 07:10:33 pm »
Hey can't comment on the Band six thing (I'm on around the same mark for French as you and wondering the same thing haha) but in terms of the student number boxes - there may be one extra simply for if you made a mistake on one number so you can cross it out and ignore it essentially?

thanks! is yours 8 or 9 numbers?

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 07:13:49 pm »
thanks! is yours 8 or 9 numbers?

my number is 8 :)
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

blasonduo

• HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Schrodinger waved while Heisenberg didn't?
  • Respect: +356
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 07:59:48 pm »
my number is 8 :)

I assumed that extra box was for the 1 in front of our student numbers? I could be wrong, but it was my assumption
2018: UNSW B science (physics)/B education

Kicking myself into gear

HSC Physics Topics 1 & 2 Exam!

chelseam

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 08:08:42 pm »

I assumed that extra box was for the 1 in front of our student numbers? I could be wrong, but it was my assumption
I thought the 1 was only used in UAC for our logins? This might be wrong though!
HSC 2017: Chemistry / English Advanced / English Extension 1 / Legal Studies (5th in NSW) / Math Extension 1 / Math Extension 2

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 09:22:49 pm »

on our table we have a printed out sheet with our student number on it (the blue sheet for how many booklets you used etc.) and it says the student number without the 1

BradMate

• Trailblazer
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 11:01:11 am »
+1
Hello all,

http://rawmarks.info/wiki/Chemistry

This link shows you the raw and HSC marks of students in past HSC exams. Looks like a low 80s raw will get you a 90+ HSC mark with a few exceptional years.

annaconda

• Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 12:15:37 am »
http://rawmarks.info/wiki/Chemistry

This link shows you the raw and HSC marks of students in past HSC exams. Looks like a low 80s raw will get you a 90+ HSC mark with a few exceptional years.

thank you!!!