HSC Stuff > New South Wales Technical Score Discussion

HSC - Atar Question

(1/3) > >>

Anonymouse1:
How likely am i to get an atar in the mid 90s? I really wanna be acknowledged by the unsw/uts co ops, and they require mid 90s. Im not sure how accurate the atar calculators are so, these are my overall internal results and ranks:
Software Design and Dev: 94% ranked 2/7
English Advanced: 91% ranked 30/178
Business Studies: 86% ranked 13/123
Mathematics Advanced: 83% ranked 9/86
Physics: 81% ranked 6/58
Mathematics Extension: 76% ranked 7/27

RuiAce:

--- Quote from: Anonymouse1 on October 22, 2016, 08:07:14 pm ---How likely am i to get an atar in the mid 90s? I really wanna be acknowledged by the unsw/uts co ops, and they require mid 90s. Im not sure how accurate the atar calculators are so, these are my overall internal results and ranks:
Software Design and Dev: 94% ranked 2/7
English Advanced: 91% ranked 30/178
Business Studies: 86% ranked 13/123
Mathematics Advanced: 83% ranked 9/86
Physics: 81% ranked 6/58
Mathematics Extension: 76% ranked 7/27

--- End quote ---
100% likely if you try hard enough. Forget about what's already done and focus on what's already left.

Anonymouse1:
Sweet, so do i have to basically get higher than what i got in my internals for it to get scaled up?

RuiAce:

--- Quote from: Anonymouse1 on October 22, 2016, 08:31:36 pm ---Sweet, so do i have to basically get higher than what i got in my internals for it to get scaled up?

--- End quote ---
Well that depends. The better you do in your externals the more likely your internals will go up because of moderation.

Can't be said for vice versa though. Your internal marks have no impact on your externals.

Stuff like alignment and scaling aren't between your internal and external marks - they're decided by completely different factors.

Anonymouse1:
So when i put this stuff into the calc, its showing a 92.7. Does this mean i need to do similar to my internals to secure externals of about 92.7?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version