Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:31:58 am

Author Topic: technodisney's VCE Journal  (Read 9939 times)

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: technodisney's VCE Journal
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2018, 12:55:19 pm »
+4
Quote from: technodisney
My Methods teacher may be coming over to my house tomorrow with the scribe I am having so I can go through and do a practice exam with a scribe.
Err........... jeez.. professional boundaries??? Is your school aware this is occurring, cos this isn't normal practice for a regular classroom teacher to make a personalised visit to a house.

Quote from: technodisney
bachelor of teaching or computer science.
Yessss..... join us.... From your subject choices and reading your first post etc. you sound very similar to me when I was in Year 12... GL  8) I'm here if you need advice re: teaching/comp
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 01:01:17 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2018, 01:24:13 pm »
+2
Err........... jeez.. professional boundaries??? Is your school aware this is occurring, cos this isn't normal practice for a regular classroom teacher to make a personalised visit to a house.
Surprisingly enough, this is actually normal practice at our school, at least in senior years. My bio teacher came to my house once, as has my year 11 english teacher and our sports coordinator. This particular maths teacher, same as my bio teacher, is a tutor as well, so she helps students outside of school. We actually officially graduated a couple weeks ago, so our school doesn't actually consider us "it's students" anymore, so any issues are handled differently now.  (And we're a Christian private school so practices are a little different to those of a gov. school).
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2018, 01:37:39 pm »
Yessss..... join us.... From your subject choices and reading your first post etc. you sound very similar to me when I was in Year 12... GL  8) I'm here if you need advice re: teaching/comp

Well she is also the head of senior school. Not many people above her to tell.
And it is because she stuffed up because she read info wrong.

Yeah we do seem very very similar. Haha. Very similar interests. Are you a primary or secondary teacher?
I will probably get into teaching if I don’t enjoy the live production stuff. Or at least that is what I am thinking right now. I’ll see how it all goes.
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2018, 01:54:02 pm »
+6
Are you a primary or secondary teacher?
Secondary. I toyed with the idea of Primary but just couldn't bring myself to do it given the amount of academic experience i've had. I still get my 'primary' dose by teaching lower secondary (Year 7-8) and I absolutely love it (still get to be goofy).. but I like the maturity at VCE too so get the best of both worlds. It's such a bloody rewarding career.. beats a repetitive office 9-5 job anyday.

If you end up doing sec teaching and want somewhere for a placement, shoot me a PM :) ...or if you have any teaching specific Q's that would help put your mind at ease.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:08:16 pm by Aaron »

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2018, 11:05:29 am »
+11
done. I am finished.

Year 12 is over. No more study, I am done, I walked out of my final exam with a massive grin on my face. I can't believe I have finished 13 years of schooling just like that. High school is finished, done forever, I moved to my school half way through grade 5 and even though some people have came and some people have left, the group of people I have been around the past 7.5 years I may never see some of them ever again, even though I'm not that social and don't talk to many people they have been around me for the past seven years.
I remember back in year 7 being scared and also jealous of the year 12s, I remember it like it was yesterday yet I am now in that position of just finishing year 12 and beginning that next chapter of my life moving onto newer bigger goals and motivations away from the restrictive school environment.

Heres a rundown of the past few week since my last post (or at least what I can remember, it's all a massive blur)

BusMan exam
This was my one exam I didn't really put effort into, but I am kind of regretting that as I know I could have done better if I just spent a little bit of time going over the material but I didn't. Oh well I am done now, nothing can be changed. I didn't feel that great headed out of that exam and that seemed to stay up till the next exam.

Methods Exam 1
I prepared for this, I had a friend go over how to use the unit circle to solve trig equations just before the exam (he was an absolute lifesaver, because of that I got a few marks more than I would have otherwise). I found the start of it quite simple but by couldn't really answer the last few questions but that was kinda expected, I'm gonna be around average and I ain't in the top students range. I mean if I tried super hard then I did have the capability to do well, but I slacked off quite a bit so I haven't.
I had a scribe and that was an experience, it did overall help me but it takes longer to tell someone to write something than writing it down yourself, so I was freaking out a bit because of how long it took to get an answer down, but I got extra time at the end and it all worked out fine.

Methods Exam 2
Exam was at 3pm. I work up at 9am that morning to put my bound reference together. I had all the pages printed out I just needed to figure out a way to bind it. So I headed down to my dads work where there are some materials used for binding stuff together so I was there for like 2 hours trying to get my bound reference actually bound. I ended up getting it done, I got to school and then started freaking out because it wasn't bound neatly and was larger than A4 because of my crap skills in binding. Turns out it did comply with the guidelines, so that was a relief.
After all that how much did I use it in the two hour exam you may ask. For 30 seconds to look up one thing. That was so not worth it.
Halfway through this exam I just sat there for 5 minutes telling myself "nup give up now, you can't do this, don't bother" but I pushed past that and kept on working hard from then until 5 minutes before the exam finished where I just pretended to be looking over everything so my scribe wouldn't realise I'm stupid. It was way to overwhelming how massive the second methods exam is.

At this point I gave up on doing exams for myself and started just trying on them to make my family happy and not disappointed on December 14.

VET IT
This was by far my best exam AND I hardly studied for it, I just went over the 2016 and 2017 exams the night before and boom I feel like I didn't lose a mark on the whole paper. I dunno if I am being overconfident or not. The exam seemed to easy, it actually felt like what a year 10 IT Exam would be like. There was nothing that tripped me up, nothing that confused me, I swear VCAA gave me the easy version of the paper. I am very interested to see my results for this. If I do get an amazing mark on the exam I'm not in the top few ranks in the class so that could bring my overall study score down a little. Regardless I am very confident I have got a SS higher than 40 for this (Raw at least, it scales down by a crap tonne).

VET IT was monday The rest of that week I did crap all study, saw my EngLang tutor twice but got nothing out of it, I wasn't really paying attention

EngLang
This was Friday, by this point I really stopped caring. I tried for the short answer, I don't feel like I did well though, tried for the analytical commentary, I feel I did an ok one, but wrote the shittiest essay I have ever written, mainly because I left it for last and essays are my weakest point to begin with. So I am seriously going to be surprised if I get higher than a 20 in EngLang. But idc anyways, I'm planning to do a diploma that requires no stupid ATAR or Study Scores anyway, my parents are just going to be annoyed at me for spending hundreds of dollars on tutoring over the past few months.

Informatics
So as soon as I had finished EngLang I had ONE HOUR before informatics. But it was made even worse because I have a computer in the exams and type them up and it took 20 minutes to get the printer to work and fill out the paperwork that comes with doing an exam on the computer. Oh and then I talked to a teacher about helping with presentation night. So I got like 10 minutes break before I had to head over to have the rules read out yet again for the next exam. My point being I was not in a good state doing this exam and couldn't think, it was meant to be my strong point as well but nope VCAA decided to make the timetable not work well for me. So I dunno how I did on it, I tried, but with a can't be bothered attitude, because my mind was murky I kept questioning my answers, I changed over half the multiple choice from my original answers, I dunno which was right which was wrong.

ALL I know for sure now is that I AM DONE I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Never have to think about stupid linguistics, business or calculus EVER AGAIN. (I wanna think about IT lol)

I got home cleaned my room a bit and finished my 4,000 piece lego set. That was satisfying, great way to wind down after I finished exams. But then I went to the Awakening on Saturday and spent the whole day there THEN yesterday I saw Crimes of Grindelwald, but as of today I can relax.

Next week I am volunteering for Red Frogs, I feel like I will enjoy spending my time helping people out and serving people.

Been a great year overall I reckon. Thanks for being here the amazing people of ATARNotes, you gave me a productive and different way to procrastinate away from youtube and social media.
I may update this December 14, I dunno yet, I may start a Uni journal next year, I dunno. I would like to give back to this community in some way and I'll be on the lookout for questions I may know the answer to.Depending on how life goes for me I might slowly fade away from this AN community. Choices choices choices.

Good luck all who still have exams.
Good job to anyone who has finished exams
You are all awesome, keep being awesome, don't change to conform to society.
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2018, 11:09:51 am »
+6
Congrats mate!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2018, 05:21:33 pm »
+7
The impact font just sells it for me. GJ

Losing friends from school is inevitable - just purely due to life changes.. From my perspective, I graduated in 2012 and of my friendship group I had back then, I still only speak with about 1 or 2 of them 6 years later. If the friendship is strong, it'll remain. Otherwise, count yourself lucky and move on.

I wanna think about IT lol
I want you to think about IT too. that sounds creepy, sorry

Good work mate, you sound like a genuine person and really hope you get the scores you are after. :) Good karma defs exists.

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2018, 05:25:39 pm »
+4
done. I am finished.
//

Well done. :)
See you tomorrow at school lol
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2018, 07:44:21 pm »
+3
Well done buddy!
Have fun volunteering with Red Frogs! That sounds like such a fun thing to do! :))
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!