Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:28:50 am

Author Topic: Your five favourite music artists  (Read 24100 times)  Share 

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: Your five favourite music artists
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2017, 12:54:54 am »
+3
I had a phase when I was in year 8 (or was it 9?) Where I'd listen to nearly nothing but Linkin Park, Muse and Green Day.

Same? During like the exact same time? Is this a thing?
It's like how almost everyone I know went through the phase of wanting to be a marine biologist (including myself hahaha)
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 01:07:02 am »
+3
It's like how almost everyone I know went through the phase of wanting to be a marine biologist (including myself hahaha)

stop it...I also wanted to be a marine biologist and I don't even particularly enjoy science...
Why? Is it because I imagined me gliding with turtles? Looking at coral? I don't know...

As for my 5th favourite music artist (in case you were holding your breathe)...I can't call it. I really don't think there's anyone else that in 40 years time I'll still remember loving them. That's the yardstick I'm using. The bar is set high. Only 4 make the cut!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2017, 01:23:22 am »
+4
stop it...I also wanted to be a marine biologist and I don't even particularly enjoy science...
Why? Is it because I imagined me gliding with turtles? Looking at coral? I don't know...

SEE IT'S ACTUALLY A THING. I've hated science since year 7 and even I was infected  :P I blame the movie Nim's Island.

Also as I realise I'm going off topic a bit here - my guilty pleasure when it comes to music is film sountracks. As weird as it might sound probably listen to these as much as I listen to regular music haha. Five favourite soundtrack artists are Hans Zimmer (he's holding a concert here soon and I really want to go but it's sooo expensive  :'( ), Danny Elfman, Masamichi Amano (mainly for Battle Royale), Michael Giacchino and Hideki Taniuchi  :)

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2017, 09:56:52 am »
+7
I feel so alone, I listened only to classical music till about a year ago so the top of my list is still composers... is that allowed? :(

1. Beethoven
2. Tchaikovsky
3. Dvorak
4. Chopin
5. Rachmaninoff

I'm going to listen to as many of everyone's recommendations as I can though, because I enjoy (quality) music of almost any style except hip hop/rap which I swear isn't real music :p

HAHAHA me too!
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2017, 10:04:03 am »
+1
It most definitely is a thing-- I also wanted to be a marine biologist! :P
I feel so alone, I listened only to classical music till about a year ago so the top of my list is still composers... is that allowed? :(

1. Beethoven
2. Tchaikovsky
3. Dvorak
4. Chopin
5. Rachmaninoff

I'm going to listen to as many of everyone's recommendations as I can though, because I enjoy (quality) music of almost any style except hip hop/rap which I swear isn't real music :p

HAHAHA me too!
Totally not allowed ;) jk, you'd ban me if I meant that D:
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2017, 10:40:24 am »
+4
SEE IT'S ACTUALLY A THING. I've hated science since year 7 and even I was infected  :P I blame the movie Nim's Island.

Also as I realise I'm going off topic a bit here - my guilty pleasure when it comes to music is film sountracks. As weird as it might sound probably listen to these as much as I listen to regular music haha. Five favourite soundtrack artists are Hans Zimmer (he's holding a concert here soon and I really want to go but it's sooo expensive  :'( ), Danny Elfman, Masamichi Amano (mainly for Battle Royale), Michael Giacchino and Hideki Taniuchi  :)

You might like Ramin Djawadi :D
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

thammie

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2017, 11:03:49 am »
+6

1. Beethoven
2. Tchaikovsky
3. Dvorak
4. Chopin
5. Rachmaninoff

HAHAHA me too!

Oh my goodness...SAME!!!! I only started listening to songs other than classical music around a year ago too... so glad to know I'm not alone..
Spoiler
shocking confession: I admit I didn't even know any songs by Mariah Carey, JB, Madonna, Adele or any of the top music artists and I pretty much knew nothing of them (like what they looked like, their age, etc. etc....) I just heard of them.... Anyway, you get the idea.. I was totally living under a rock haha....
Yep!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE BEETHOVEN!!!! IMO, his music was and still is the BEST haha (totally biased here haha)!!! But I feel like such a weirdo though especially when people play songs that are supposed to be super "well-known" and everyone is singing to it and I'm just awkwardly standing there not knowing what to do..... :(  :-[
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 12:28:51 pm by thammie »
2019-2023: BMedSc/MD at Monash Uni
Music performance tips
How I got 48 raw in legal

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2017, 01:13:16 pm »
+3
You might like Ramin Djawadi :D

Oh don't you worry - I do! Game of Thrones soundtrack is hella lit  8)

It most definitely is a thing-- I also wanted to be a marine biologist!
HAHAHA me too!

This is actually the weirdest phenomenon - like marine biologist is a pretty specific career path. 100% proof of the illuminati in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 01:22:00 pm by sudodds »

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2017, 06:19:07 pm »
+1
Oh my goodness...SAME!!!! I only started listening to songs other than classical music around a year ago too... so glad to know I'm not alone..
Spoiler
shocking confession: I admit I didn't even know any songs by Mariah Carey, JB, Madonna, Adele or any of the top music artists and I pretty much knew nothing of them (like what they looked like, their age, etc. etc....) I just heard of them.... Anyway, you get the idea.. I was totally living under a rock haha....
Yep!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE BEETHOVEN!!!! IMO, his music was and still is the BEST haha (totally biased here haha)!!! But I feel like such a weirdo though especially when people play songs that are supposed to be super "well-known" and everyone is singing to it and I'm just awkwardly standing there not knowing what to do..... :(  :-[

LOL really?  I have found my twin!  This is so me in every detail :')

Let's have a one-on-one natter in this classical music thread ;)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2017, 04:51:40 pm »
+3
This marine biologist thing is almost as weird as every single poster in this thread absolutely loving The Avett Brothers. 8)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2017, 11:38:27 am »
This marine biologist thing is almost as weird as every single poster in this thread absolutely loving The Avett Brothers. 8)

(Image removed from quote.)

Further evidence for my theory provided by 13 Reasons Why (episode 11 I think), where one of the characters intends to pursue marine biology rather than become a pro basketball player. This phenomenon has now infiltrated pop-culture.

(i know this is off topic but unfortunately talking about music is a bit painful for me rn - missed out on splendour in the grass tickets  :'( )

itssona

• MOTM: APR 17
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2017, 07:08:16 pm »
+3
1. Mika (honestly this generation's creative genius, plus intelligent af, best songwriter alive imo, adorable)
2. Passion Pit (search em up, SO good)
3. The Fray
4. Cold Play
5. Imagine Dragons and also Melanie Martinez
HSC 2018 : Maths 3U, Maths 4U, English Advanced, Biology, Physics, Chemistry

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2018, 03:39:00 pm »
+1
bump

wanna see how and if anyone has changed their choices and also for the newbies to post  ;)

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2018, 04:05:58 pm »
+1
Good idea!!

1. Bastille (I know every single damn song off by heart <3)
2. Rachmaninoff/Chopin (I can't decide!! >:0)
3. Arctic Monkeys (I mean, cold monkeys with garage/indie pop.)
4. Jack Jonathan (Banana Pancakes is an honest musical sin)
5. Arctic Empire (good chillstep mixes for study/when you're sad, y'all)

@Sine, is it okay that my preferences change depending on the day?
Fickle, fickle me.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 04:38:26 pm by secretly_a_poet »
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

appleandbee

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +200
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2018, 04:31:41 pm »
+1
1. Coldplay
2. Lorde
3. Florence and the Machine
4. Linkin Park
5. Birdy

Closely followed by Ed Sheeran, Imagine Dragons and Robin Schulz. There were a few changes.
VCE Class of 2015

Studying Anthropology, Philosophy and Biology at Unimelb