Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 01:11:19 am

Author Topic: Is there any lectures that are useful to year 11's?  (Read 2360 times)

lazaward

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +33
Is there any lectures that are useful to year 11's?
« on: January 05, 2017, 04:33:31 pm »
Hi I was wondering what lectures there are for year 11 students and when abouts during the year they do them?

Also, is there anyway you can subscribe to something so as soon as new lectures are available so you can grab a ticket?

Edit: Unit 1/2 VCE
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:23:30 pm by carolinsale-17 »

Rathin

• Trendsetter
  • Arthur Phillip High School
  • Respect: +9
Re: Is there any lectures that are useful to year 11's?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 05:09:43 pm »
Possibly Maths Lectures
2017 HSC
4u | 3u | Physics | Biology | Adv Eng | PDHPE

FallingStar

• Forum Obsessive
  • Be yourself and be your best self.
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 05:54:12 pm »
Hi I was wondering what lectures there are for year 11 students and when abouts during the year they do them?

Also, is there anyway you can subscribe to something so as soon as new lectures are available so you can grab a ticket?

Edit: Unit 1/2 VCE

Looking at the lectures right now, there seems to be no year 11 lectures for VCE. However, there may be some available later in the year, which are targeted at the unit 1/2 students. There were a few last year in September. However, I do not recommend going to the year 12 lectures which are running at that time, for reasons the people above me has already mentioned. So be on the lookout for any year 11 lectures in the later school holidays and then book these instead of any year 12 ones.

matchaleaf

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 06:55:21 pm »
For Unit 1/2 the only ones I know of come from the TSFX company. They are pretty pricey, but they give you a head start and give you booklets of information. You can enrol now in their website for lectures lasting 2+ days in this month (Jan.)

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 07:46:05 pm »
I know the AN lecturer for English usually does things assuming year 11s will be in the audience, although not sure if she advertises this at all (oops soz Lauren <3), and they also do 1/2 stuff at the end of the year. Otherwise, going to year 12 ones won't be bad in general, because a few subjects have very similar content (particularly English and methods/further).

Tbh, though, I'd try and focus more on finding a method of studying that works for you. If you spend a day at a lecture where you learn nothing, when you could've tried a different method of studying, that's your loss on multiple levels (whatever you paid + time spent)