Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:44:54 am

Author Topic: I need your opinion...  (Read 1951 times)  Share 

Scoopity_Poop

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
I need your opinion...
« on: August 14, 2018, 05:41:19 pm »
So, on October 26th, Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming out. Starting from the 12th of November, end of year exams begin and end on the 22nd of November. I really want to preorder RDR2, but I was wondering if this is a wise choice? I don't normally get distracted by games, and put my studies first, but I just want some outside opinions to decide what to do!

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
Re: I need your opinion...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 05:45:46 pm »
+3
So, on October 26th, Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming out. Starting from the 12th of November, end of year exams begin and end on the 22nd of November. I really want to preorder RDR2, but I was wondering if this is a wise choice? I don't normally get distracted by games, and put my studies first, but I just want some outside opinions to decide what to do!

Unless there is some preorder bonus you really want I think it is best to not preorder it and only get it once the exams are finished so then it doesn't have a risk of being a distraction.
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

Scoopity_Poop

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 05:51:41 pm »
There are some really good bonuses... I was thinking of buying the Ultimate Edition.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 06:03:11 pm »
I can't figure out whether this is actually legit or a troll. Your username certainly doesn't help  ::)

In any case - from my perspective I think you should buy it. If you study 24/7 you run the risk of significant burnout. If you know that you're addicted to gaming, perhaps it may be worth creating a to-do list (for work/revision tasks) with the end incentive being free time to play? Like.. only you know your boundaries/habits and what happens when you play games.. also you're the only one that knows what the end goal is.. are you after a 99.95 or just to get into a course?

I'm all for dedicating lots of time to study but you need something on the side to relieve stress, even if it's only for an hour or two a night.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 06:04:42 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 06:10:13 pm »
+1
Preorder the game and pick it up once youve finished your exams.