Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:24:50 am

Author Topic: Structure for Reflective  (Read 1045 times)

BakerDad12

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Structure for Reflective
« on: September 26, 2020, 01:30:45 pm »
Hey guys. Is there a structure I can use for reflective writing, or at least certain things I need to include in all reflections? For example, I heard you should always include how effectively you achieved your goal, your intended audience and your purpose. Is this true, or should we structure it completely based on the question?

alice343

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +125
Re: Structure for Reflective
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 06:14:42 pm »
+1
Hey guys. Is there a structure I can use for reflective writing, or at least certain things I need to include in all reflections? For example, I heard you should always include how effectively you achieved your goal, your intended audience and your purpose. Is this true, or should we structure it completely based on the question?

Hi BakerDad12!

There most definitely is a structure for reflections. Here's a quick rundown:

Intro
- Purpose
- Prescribed texts and their features (That you have used in your piece)

Body paragraphs
There are 2 main ways you can approach body paragraphs:
1. Explore the Mod C texts and how the features have achieved the composer's purpose, then use signposting language to compare your own use of the features and connection to your own purpose (so half half basically)
2. Explore the Mod C texts and your own piece together

I prefer the 1st option, I think it's easier and clearer to write. But either way is fine.
- There aren't really topic sentences in the traditional essay sense, I've just been stating how the composer has used x technique to achieve x purpose

Conclusion
- Keep it brief! Same like the intro: purpose, texts, and maybe a concluding statement

I hope this helped!
Alice

2020 HSC: English Advanced, Modern History, Legal Studies, Japanese Beginners, Society and Culture, History Extension

BakerDad12

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 08:31:01 pm »
Hey, thanks for the response! I do like your method, but isn't that only assuming the question asks about the Mod C texts in the first place? One of the trial questions I saw simply said "Explain the creative decisions you have made in part a".

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 02:42:52 pm »
+1
Hey, thanks for the response! I do like your method, but isn't that only assuming the question asks about the Mod C texts in the first place? One of the trial questions I saw simply said "Explain the creative decisions you have made in part a".

Hey, BakerDad12!

I think it's a totally valid assumption to make! Even if the question just asks about the creative decisions, you should still try to connect them to the Module C prescribed texts as a way of justifying how you have engaged in the craft of writing. I think it's important to discuss the prescribed text/s regardless of whether the question mentions it or not  :) Hopefully that helps but feel free to raise any concerns/thoughts if you think otherwise!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music