Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:22:16 pm

Author Topic: Listening  (Read 4944 times)  Share 

Aussie1Italia2

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Listening
« on: October 09, 2016, 09:10:06 am »
Does anyone know any decent sites to improve on listening skills? Or have any tips on how to improve one's listening skills? Thank you :)
HSC 2017:
English Standard
Mathematics
Biology
Chemistry
PDHPE
Italian Beginners

Hoping to do Neuroscience at Uni!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Listening
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 09:36:10 am »
+1
Does anyone know any decent sites to improve on listening skills? Or have any tips on how to improve one's listening skills? Thank you :)

Hi! I did French and I struggled HARD with listening. I realised in the lead up to my exams that I actually struggled with male voices a lot more than female voices. Male voices are often lower, sometimes more rough and the words flow together more than the female speakers that they'd often get on the listening tape, who were bubbly and high pitched. I did more poorly in the ones with the male voice! So consider if that is something you struggle with. Listening to italian rap is also a good idea! Rap is good because it is spoken word, so just play some Italian rap songs in the background while you're showering or brushing you teeth :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

Aussie1Italia2

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 12:41:04 pm »
I didn't think of that! Thank you so much! I'm all good with speaking, reading and writing but in year 11 the listening component of my tasks always stumped.
HSC 2017:
English Standard
Mathematics
Biology
Chemistry
PDHPE
Italian Beginners

Hoping to do Neuroscience at Uni!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 04:17:15 pm »
+1
I didn't think of that! Thank you so much! I'm all good with speaking, reading and writing but in year 11 the listening component of my tasks always stumped.

I totally can relate! Listening was by far my worst! Just try do as much listening as possible. I have to admit, I did feel like a hopeless cause with listening! So don't beat yourself up over it, just do your best and make sure you excel in the other sections :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

bella1001

• Fresh Poster
  • School: santa sabina college
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 09:44:40 pm »
I've found that following Italian people on social media (e.g Instagram) is super helpful, i listen to their instagram stories and see if i can decipher what they're saying!! Because I can actually see them talking about whatever activity they are doing its an easy way to pick up new vocab! :) :)