Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:47:10 am

Author Topic: May 2020 MotM Announcement  (Read 1677 times)

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
May 2020 MotM Announcement
« on: June 04, 2020, 04:27:47 pm »
+27
MAY 2020 MOTMs

May 2020 saw COVID-19-related restrictions easing across the country and people slowly coming out of their hibernation, with many students making the transition from online learning to physical classes again. Meanwhile, the ATARNotes community has still been here, always helping each other through these peculiar times, despite the transition back to our "new normal". This month we'll be celebrating two MoTMs but we would like to thank all AN users for contributing to the community through these troubled times. :-*

THE NSW WINNER FOR MAY IS...
Spoiler
Alice343 joined ATARNotes only a bit over a year ago, but has been really engaging within the AN NSW community and broader AN community this month. Around half of their current posts have been made in May alone, including some high quality posts such as this! If that's not enough to convince you, they've been making a killer effort in their HSC journal here, in other HSC journey journals and in other threads across the forum as well.

Congratulations alice343! We love having you around and can't wait to see what quality posts you'll make in the future :)

THE VIC WINNER FOR MAY IS...
Spoiler
Evolio has been a bit of a staple in the AN community for a little while now and has been nominated for MotM for a few months, but unfortunately pipped at the post each time! May 2020 saw them engage more with the community side of AN, especially the Forum Games and Casual Chat, where they've become a bit of a regular. Nonetheless, Evolio's always made great contributions to the academic boards too like this, this and this. If you've been checking out the VCE Methods and VCE Biology boards any time over the past few months, you'll find Evolio being a bit of a familiar username, due to their wonderful contributions.

Please join me in congratulating Evolio! :)

We'd also like to recognise some amazing contributions to the AN community through some quality posts by people like you! So, without further ado, here are the...

MAY 2020 POTMs
Spoiler
- HSC Music tips and tricks by Katie.rinos

- This thread on gap years - especially 3beansoup's, Owidjaja's and Angelina's responses

- Essay marking by whys

- Tips on writing a comparative piece by ArtyDreams

- Maths help by Lilyyyy

- How do you study for English thread? - especially s110820 for the lengthy, detailed post

- Helpful Chrome extensions by MotM alice343

- Werewolf

- HSC Visual Arts help by angewina_naguen

- HSC advice by fun_jirachi

... and we'd like to highlight some new journals that started up in May 2020!
- Georgie's vce journey <3

- Hoping for a HSC Viktory... (hsc '20 journal)

Please join me again in congratulating our May MoTMs and PoTMs :) I can't wait to see what the rest of June will bring to the AN community!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 04:41:42 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Re: May 2020 MotM Announcement
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 04:49:31 pm »
+12
🎉🎉Well Done alice343 and Evolio! You two have contributed to this community massively, both academically and the forum games! and congratulations to all of the PoTM's this month as well! ;D
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 04:57:42 pm »
+12
AMAZING JOB alice343 and Evolio!!

You are both such awesome contributors to the forums and I'm so appreciative to you both!

Also congrats to all the Potms as well! Its been so great seeing everyones amazing contributions over this time  :D

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 04:59:19 pm »
+12
YES totally deserved alice343 and Evolio! Thank you for all your wonderful contributions across the forums
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 05:00:33 pm »
+13
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for nominating me as one of the many May POTMs! I really appreciate it and I'm glad that I could help! I would also like to give a big congratulations to the May 2020 MOTMs alice343 and Evolio! Your posts are absolutely amazing to read and to see a post notification from you guys, honestly makes my day :)

Also, I would like to congratulate all of the May POTMs - Katie.rinos, 3beansoup, Owidjaja, Angelina, whys, ArtyDreams, Lilyyyy, alice343 and fun_jirachi for all of your amazing contributions to the ATAR Notes community and forum :)

I can't wait to see what next month brings to us!

Have a great week everyone and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.

QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

Einstein_Reborn_97

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Regular
  • There is no substitute for hard work.
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 05:10:58 pm »
+13
Massive congrats to alice343 and Evolio!!! You've both been really active and your contributions to AN have been really enjoyable! The title of MOTM is well deserved! ;D

Well done to all the POTMs this month as well! It's amazing to have so many good quality posts that we can all benefit from. Thank you for the effort! ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 06:04:04 pm by Einstein_Reborn_97 »
HSC 2020: Advanced English | Advanced Mathematics | Physics | Chemistry | Biology | Studies of Religion 2

My HSC Journey Journal

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 06:30:01 pm »
+20
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS alice343 and the POTMs! Your contributions are very valuable and I can't wait to see future ones!

Second of all, thank you so much AN! 😊 I'm super honoured to receive MOTM and this honestly made my day!! Literally, when I saw this, I smiled so big. I'm so happy to be a part of this lovely community and it has a special place in my heart. It's helped me so much and I am forever grateful.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 06:34:47 pm by Evolio »

Justin_L

• MOTM: July 20
  • HSC Moderator
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +235
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 07:03:11 pm »
+11
Congrats to alice343 and Evolio! Well deserved, you guys have contributed really engaging content and it's always a pleasure to read your posts.
Да здравствует революция государственного модератора

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 07:27:07 pm »
+13
Congrats to the MAY MOTMs + Those who made a POTM :)

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2020, 08:37:32 pm »
+12
Congrats MOTMs!!!!

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 09:28:50 pm »
+12
Congrats everyone! Well deserved ;D
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

alice343

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +125
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2020, 11:05:53 am »
+18
Congratulations to Evolio and everyone who made a POTM!!! I look forward to reading all of those posts!

This was such a lovely surprise to wake up to this morning - I wasn't even aware that there were awards for these things. Thank you so much AN community, you have definitely all made it incredibly welcoming and engaging on here! :)
2020 HSC: English Advanced, Modern History, Legal Studies, Japanese Beginners, Society and Culture, History Extension