Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:33:11 am

Author Topic: Better Late Than Never? - Einstein_Reborn_97's HSC Journal  (Read 6505 times)

Einstein_Reborn_97

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Regular
  • There is no substitute for hard work.
  • Respect: +44
Better Late Than Never? - Einstein_Reborn_97's HSC Journal
« on: June 07, 2020, 05:34:50 pm »
+17
Hey everyone!!! It's June and I've finally been fuelled with enough motivation to drive out the incessant procrastination that pervades my entire life force, and finally begin my HSC Journal. Honestly, I'm surprised that I've even made it to this point...hopefully, I can finish this post without deciding to put it off for later. I've enjoyed reading a lot of the other AN journals and eagerly wanted to begin my own but you know what they say: "The hardest part is starting. Once you get that out of the way, you'll find the rest of the journey much easier." So, without further ado, here lies the genesis of Einstein_Reborn_97's journal detailing his tempestuous journey towards a triumphant (🤞) finish to high school.

Sunday, 7 June 2020

Ok...now how do I start this?...um...I guess I'll tell you a little bit about myself. For as long as I can remember, I've always dreaded answering this question, "Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?" I can never come up with anything that I deem remotely interesting to whoever's listening, so bear with me for a while. I've lived in Australia for about 17 months now. I'm Nigerian. This is my 4th country of residence. Countries 2 and 3 were pretty much stepping stones to get to Australia. I was promoted twice in my earlier years of school because...(I prefer to be self-effacing when describing myself). However, I had to re-do Year 11 because here in Australia, Year 12 begins in Term 4 after cramming Year 11 into 3 terms. In retrospect, this was an excellent decision because apart from potentially being a term's worth of work behind from the rest of my peers, the curriculum here is obviously different to that overseas, I got to postpone leaving my family for university by 1 year, I got to acclimatise to everything about Australia and try new things, meet new people, etc., without the stressful calamity that is Year 12. I enjoy all sorts of physical activity and have played a range of sports: football (soccer), rugby, field hockey, tennis, cricket, athletics, basketball and volleyball. My favourite one, and it's not even close, is soccer. I support Chelsea and Barcelona and my favourite player is Lionel Messi, the G.O.A.T. I can't swim :( I've sporadically tried to learn several times but it's never been consistent, I'd say I can swim half the length of a pool. I detest cats (sorry, not sorry). Dogs, however, are the best non-human creatures on this planet. My subjects are Advanced Mathematics, Advanced English, Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Studies of Religion 2. I love them all but English and I have an on-and-off relationship.  I'm aiming for a 99+ ATAR. I want to study medicine, preferably at the University of New South Wales (UNSW). Since I'm classified as an "international student", some universities require me to do the ISAT (International Students Admissions Test), which I did exactly 2 weeks ago - waiting for my score (need a minimum of 150/200). I will also be doing the UCAT (on July 14)...which is quite the beast to conquer. I'm aiming for a 95th percentile or above...need to step up my prep. Thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, I still have only 4 hours on my logbook :-[ (on my L's, I'm 16). I was really, really looking forward to soccer and the athletics and cross-country carnivals this year. :( A relatively positive impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is that I have a lot fewer 'duties' to perform (I'm a student leader and on the SRC); the HSC and UCAT are my only priorities right now. Have I effectively used this unprecedented advantage?...no comment :-\

Well, I suppose that's an adequate introduction to me :) Today's my brother's birthday, somehow that little rascal is 13 years old! Beef lasagna is incredibly delectable. My apologies for subjecting you to this inconsequential read. That's all for now folks. ;)
HSC 2020: Advanced English | Advanced Mathematics | Physics | Chemistry | Biology | Studies of Religion 2

My HSC Journey Journal

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Better Late Than Never? - Einstein_Reborn_97's HSC Journal
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 11:36:23 pm »
+6
Super excited to read your journal! Your journey already in the education system has been really fascinating. Hope your UCAT study is coming along well and wishing you all the best for it  :D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

alice343

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +125
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 06:02:53 pm »
+6
Welcome to the journey journal! I'm looking forward to reading your journal. I hope you do well on your ISAT, and good luck for UCAT! Happy belated birthday to your brother too.

Also, how can you not love cats :(
2020 HSC: English Advanced, Modern History, Legal Studies, Japanese Beginners, Society and Culture, History Extension

Fluffysama_

• MOTM: June 20
  • Forum Regular
  • happy n free child~
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 06:55:34 pm »
+5
damn fam, sounds like such a wild but also fun ride, your vocab is so exquisite, i'm so in love! wishing you all the best for UCAT n the ISAT! also, i also love lasagna!
see you around
- rose
Class of 2020: Advanced English, Japanese Beginners, Economics, Music 1, Visual Arts