General Discussion > Accountability and Motivation

I want to start running again

(1/30) > >>

Joseph41:
I used to run quite a lot, and was pretty fit.

Over time, I gave up sport (injuries), and also stopped running. Lost motivation, got busy etc. These shouldn't be excuses, but are things that kept me from keeping up the routine.

I went for my first run in literally years the other week. Was entirely fucked after like 2.5km haha. Went again yesterday - mild improvements. I'm going to keep track of my progress in this thread - and if I don't provide an update after like two weeks, please call me out on it.

First time:

Second time:

Orb:
Maintaining <5mins/km for 2.5kms for a first time run after such a long break is amazing!! :)

Keep it up

Joseph41:

--- Quote from: Orb on September 10, 2017, 06:12:48 pm ---Maintaining <5mins/km for 2.5kms for a first time run after such a long break is amazing!! :)

Keep it up

--- End quote ---

Thanks man! Don't have much of a point of reference, really (never used to time), so we'll see how we go!

zofromuxo:
Now this makes me feel guilty and makes me want to run again. I had set a habit to do it, 3 times a week following the Couch to 5k program.. hmmm. maybe I should start running again now that it is spring.

Also don't worry Joesph, I'll make sure to call you out on it :P

Joseph41:

--- Quote from: zofromuxo on September 10, 2017, 07:23:56 pm ---Now this makes me feel guilty and makes me want to run again. I had set a habit to do it, 3 times a week following the Couch to 5k program.. hmmm. maybe I should start running again now that it is spring.

Also don't worry Joesph, I'll make sure to call you out on it :P

--- End quote ---

Sounds like you need to make a thread. ;) We can motivate each other!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version