Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:30:36 pm

Author Topic: HSC Class of 2017 Discussion Thread  (Read 39910 times)  Share 

beau77bro

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
Re: HSC Class of 2017 Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2017, 10:38:41 pm »
yay thankyou rui ur the best mate i will get on that asap

kiiaaa

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2017, 04:39:05 pm »
+1
Hi atar notes! I had a few questions which i hope you dont mind answering for me please
firstly when will you next set of lectures be for the HSC course? they are amazing like i cant tell how helpful useful and insightful they are and i just want more more and more of them
secondly. do you have any plans of opening an NSW Tutesmart? it seems really cool and ill really like it but it is for the VCE.
and lastly, are you going to make and HSC topic test books for other subjects and if so which ones? if possible could you please try for maths and bio please?

Thank you very much. your team is fantabulous and very helpful and im so glad i came across this.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2017, 04:54:53 pm »
+1
Hi atar notes! I had a few questions which i hope you dont mind answering for me please

Hey! I'll do my best!! ;D

firstly when will you next set of lectures be for the HSC course? they are amazing like i cant tell how helpful useful and insightful they are and i just want more more and more of them

Aw, you are too kind, SO glad they are so useful for you! ;D the next set of lectures will be in July (almost definitely the holidays) right before most people do their Trial Exams! And they will be bigger and better than ever before ;D

secondly. do you have any plans of opening an NSW Tutesmart? it seems really cool and ill really like it but it is for the VCE.

Never say never, it's a really cool idea that has been received amazingly by VCE students ;D

And just adding, I got the chance to visit the centre for the first time earlier in the year. So. Bloody. Awesome. So I'd be super keen to see it here, that's for sure ;D

and lastly, are you going to make and HSC topic test books for other subjects and if so which ones? if possible could you please try for maths and bio please?

HSC Topic Tests books are coming for other subjects!

Math? Yep ;D
Bio? Yep ;D

And we'll let you know as those become available, but they are in the pipeline! :)

Thank you very much. your team is fantabulous and very helpful and im so glad i came across this.

You are very welcome! So happy we can be helpful to you! ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 04:58:52 pm by jamonwindeyer »

kiiaaa

• Trendsetter
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2017, 06:18:51 pm »
+2
Hey! I'll do my best!! ;D

Aw, you are too kind, SO glad they are so useful for you! ;D the next set of lectures will be in July (almost definitely the holidays) right before most people do their Trial Exams! And they will be bigger and better than ever before ;D

Never say never, it's a really cool idea that has been received amazingly by VCE students ;D

And just adding, I got the chance to visit the centre for the first time earlier in the year. So. Bloody. Awesome. So I'd be super keen to see it here, that's for sure ;D

HSC Topic Tests books are coming for other subjects!

Math? Yep ;D
Bio? Yep ;D

And we'll let you know as those become available, but they are in the pipeline! :)

You are very welcome! So happy we can be helpful to you! ;D

YOU GUYS ARE LEGENDS THANK YOU SOO MUCH! cant wait to get em topic tests!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2017, 08:22:35 pm »
How did everyones half yearly exams go? If you're still going, feeling confident? Keen to hear how you have all gone! ;D

kiwiberry

• HSC LECTURER
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2017, 10:06:07 pm »
+1
How did everyones half yearly exams go? If you're still going, feeling confident? Keen to hear how you have all gone! ;D

I finished last week, such a relief :D They were mostly ok (i hope)! Confident about maths but I'm worried about english because I nearly ran out of time writing my essay and had to cut some bits out :s haven't gotten anything back though so can't be sure haha
HSC 2017: English Adv (93) | Maths Ext 1 (99) | Maths Ext 2 (97) | Chemistry (95) | Physics (95)
ATAR: 99.85

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2017, 10:09:15 pm »
+1
I finished last week, such a relief :D They were mostly ok (i hope)! Confident about maths but I'm worried about english because I nearly ran out of time writing my essay and had to cut some bits out :s haven't gotten anything back though so can't be sure haha
You're giving me deja vu right here :P

(Albeit for me it was the trials)

chelseam

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2017, 10:17:12 pm »
Mine are this week and next week! I'm feeling a pretty nervous tbh... I've never had two exams on the same day before so that'll be an interesting experience :P
HSC 2017: Chemistry / English Advanced / English Extension 1 / Legal Studies (5th in NSW) / Math Extension 1 / Math Extension 2

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2017, 10:21:18 pm »
+2
Mine are this week and next week! I'm feeling a pretty nervous tbh... I've never had two exams on the same day before so that'll be an interesting experience :P

You'll smash it! Check out this guide on that exact experience ;)

Awesome work kiwi! Keen to hear some awesome results from your corner, and don't worry! There's always that one exam that worries you a little :)

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2017, 10:27:55 pm »
+1
Congratulations! And don't worry too much, in pretty much every subject, including English, I inevitably ran out of time and had to cut things out and it very rarely (I actually can't remember a situation!) brought my mark down, at least in any significant, noticeable way. I'm sure you did fantastically!
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

Diala

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2017, 11:03:49 am »
Hi! Sorry if this isn't the right thread but I'm super confused about ranks and ATAR stuff at the moment because people are telling me 2 different things: It's all about the rank, whoever comes first in the year for that subject takes the highest mark in the HSC (aka steals a mark if theirs isnt the highest)
OR
It has nothing to do with the rank, its an individual thing, no one steals your mark.
I have zero idea which is true! Does anyone know?
Thank you so much <3

jakesilove

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Synergising your ATAR potential"
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2017, 11:14:21 am »
+2
Hi! Sorry if this isn't the right thread but I'm super confused about ranks and ATAR stuff at the moment because people are telling me 2 different things: It's all about the rank, whoever comes first in the year for that subject takes the highest mark in the HSC (aka steals a mark if theirs isnt the highest)
OR
It has nothing to do with the rank, its an individual thing, no one steals your mark.
I have zero idea which is true! Does anyone know?
Thank you so much <3

Hey! Check out an awesome guide Jamon wrote about HSC scaling!
ATAR: 99.80

Mathematics Extension 2: 93
Physics: 93
Chemistry: 93
Modern History: 94
English Advanced: 95
Mathematics: 96
Mathematics Extension 1: 98

Studying a combined Advanced Science/Law degree at UNSW

kiiaaa

• Trendsetter
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2017, 04:16:21 pm »
+1
Hello, i was wondering what type of text/workbooks would you recommend me to use and buy for business studies  and legal studies?
I dont know if excel or dotpoint is better and for which subject =/ any reviews, suggestions and opinions are all appreciated.

Thank youuuuu :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2017, 04:29:08 pm »
+1
Hello, i was wondering what type of text/workbooks would you recommend me to use and buy for business studies  and legal studies?
I dont know if excel or dotpoint is better and for which subject =/ any reviews, suggestions and opinions are all appreciated.

Thank youuuuu :)

Hey! I personally think the ATAR Notes Study Notes are amazing for both Legal and Business, but of course, I am a biased person ;D definitely worth considering though!

I had the Excel book for Legal - In honesty I didn't use it much beyond a quick reference here or there, definitely great if you are the sort of person that likes having multiple in depth sources! It just didn't personally offer me much that the textbook didn't have :) never used the Dotpoints books but have heard they are good!

Bubbly_bluey

• Trendsetter
  • Just Floating By :)
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2017, 02:10:01 pm »
+2
Just finished chem today and physics gonna be on last day of school :'(
One exam left to go ;D