Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:25:04 pm

Author Topic: Last Year of VCE: Will Elle take a big L?  (Read 21822 times)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
Re: Last Year of VCE: Will Elle take a big L?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2019, 01:44:57 pm »
+3
Yea same, I guess the chem test is a way to check that we actually did the holiday homework.

How u finding bio? In my opinion I find bio way more difficult than chem. But at the same time, bio content is pretty interesting but there is soo much to know it's quite intimidating. I recently purchased the biozone workbook, so hopefully, that helps throughout 2020.
I honestly feel a bit overwhelmed at the sheer amount I have to catch up on since I missed out on unit 1/2. I can’t imagine having to remeber a whole year worth of 3/4 content on top of it + 4 other subjects!! I also bought biozone from a friend.....hopefully it helps!
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2019, 02:45:18 pm »
+2
Hienneman 2- I found the unit 1/2 book very good as textbooks for most subjects are useless but this one is great for consolidating knowledge.
And if you don’t mind me asking, what are you training for? We might be training for the same thing....

Cool! And I replied to your message (on my bio guide thread) but it’s gymnastics  :D What do you train for?

I honestly feel a bit overwhelmed at the sheer amount I have to catch up on since I missed out on unit 1/2. I can’t imagine having to remeber a whole year worth of 3/4 content on top of it + 4 other subjects!! I also bought biozone from a friend.....hopefully it helps!

Also, don’t worry too much about missing content in 1/2. While it’s helpful to have background knowledge it’s not essential at all. I would focus more on getting a good grasp of AOS 1 U3 rather than worrying about what you missed in U1/2. I promise that in a few months, the content will seem less daunting   ;)
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2019, 03:43:55 pm »
+1
Cool! And I replied to your message (on my bio guide thread) but it’s gymnastics  :D What do you train for?

Also, don’t worry too much about missing content in 1/2. While it’s helpful to have background knowledge it’s not essential at all. I would focus more on getting a good grasp of AOS 1 U3 rather than worrying about what you missed in U1/2. I promise that in a few months, the content will seem less daunting   ;)

Running.
Wow gymnastics! That’s so cool, how long have you been doing it for?
My avatar sums up life.
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0

Chocolatemilkshake

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2019, 03:53:56 pm »
Running.
Wow gymnastics! That’s so cool, how long have you been doing it for?

Haha quite a while now. Do you do long distance or short?

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 09:35:56 pm »
+3
Hope you guys are enjoying your holidays! School starts in 11 days. Here’s what I have done/ need to do.

Chemistry[/
[Go over 1/2
Orientation worksheet
Edrolo on fuels

Chapter 1 Hienneman

Biology
[Caught up on 1/2
Chapter 1 (kind of but I guess they never technically said to do the questions so.....)

Orientation worksheet on osmosis prac with tubing

Methods
Chapter 4A,4C,4D.4E
Go over 1/2 (specifically quadratics)

English:
Read+ Annotate like a house on fire

Psychology:
3 HUGE psych booklets!!!
Edrolo
Orientation sheet
***Attempted orientation booklet and other stuff but do not know how to hypothersise or operationalise the IV and DV....

Before I wrote this I felt like I hadn’t done anything but I guess going over 1/2 of everything took a large chunk of time. Also I’m not sure whether I should drop psych because they’ve given us ~25 pages of holiday homework and I can’t even answer one question :
/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 09:44:33 pm by Coolgalbornin03Lo »
My avatar sums up life.

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2020, 11:02:50 pm »
+1
Oooo, someone else reading like a house on fire!
I haven't seen another person reading it.

I can't believe that there is only 11 days until the school term starts, the holidays went way too fast!
Awesome job on completing what you have!
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 01:25:44 pm »
+6
GOALS⭐️

School starts in a week so I guess I should set some goals:

For each subject I’ll have a realistic goal which I’ll be quite happy if I reach. I will also have an out-of-this-world-I-have-the-wool-over-my-eyes-goal I wanna reach.

English: I absolutely love reading and writing and thoroughly enjoyed 1/2.
Realistic: 40+
Expectation: 45+

Methods: Weakest subject by far
Realistic: 28+
Expectations: 35+

Chemistry: Gives English a run for its money as my favourite subject. I love how it’s both theory+application.
Realistic: 37+
Expectation: 42+
Tripping: 45+ (but I know Chem is super competitive)

Biology: didn’t do 1/2 due to blocks:(
Realistic: 35+
Expectation: 43-45

Psych: didn’t do 1/2- full classes
Realistic:39+
Expectation: 43+

Realistic ATAR: 92-93
Unrealistic: 97<

I feel a bit silly writing some of these down as I didn’t do a 3/4 last year and don’t even know how hard it is to get a 40! I’ll most likely struggle to reach 35 for most of these subjects.....but who knows what the year will bring!

My avatar sums up life.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2020, 11:16:48 pm »
+4
UPDATE: I just did some psych....and UNDERSTOOD IT. I’m really getting into experimental design and stuff (which is out holiday homework). But I hope it’s worth it because it’s apparently unit 4 aos 3. Fingers crossed we at least go over it class so I’m not behind (because Unit 3 AOS 1 is the nervous system and I’ve done a tiny bit on that- oops)
My avatar sums up life.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2020, 08:40:46 am »
+1
UPDATE: I just did some psych....and UNDERSTOOD IT. I’m really getting into experimental design and stuff (which is out holiday homework). But I hope it’s worth it because it’s apparently unit 4 aos 3. Fingers crossed we at least go over it class so I’m not behind (because Unit 3 AOS 1 is the nervous system and I’ve done a tiny bit on that- oops)

The research and experimental stuff can be assessed in all of your SACs (not just the research poster) so it's definitely worth it!

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2020, 10:30:13 pm »
+5
Term 1, Week 5:

It’s  half way through the term! (I think?) SACs are starting this week and I’m so scared but also really excited because I feel prepared. I just came to remind myself of my 85%+ goal but I’ll still be happy if it’s 80%+. Would you guys like me to update you after every SAC or give you all the SAC updates together? Here’s my year so far:

Chem:
SAC this week experiencing eustress (haha my psych knowledge kicking in). Calculations are 100% but still a bit lacking of knowledge about LPG and stuff.

Bio:
I’m really not keeping up for no reason but I make sure I’m understanding and retaining 90% of the content haha. The SACs in week 6 and it’ll be tough as It’s basically all new content (I didn’t do unit 1/2)

Psych:
So. Much. Work. We don’t take notes in class so everyday I come home wtach edrolo make notes make flash cards. 😭 but the SACs next week so maybe when I don’t have to go back and make everything I’ll be greatful for past me’s organisation cause then I can get into practise questions. Don’t feel too bad not doing 1/2. I 85% understand research methods.

Methods:
I came to the realisation maybe I shouldn’t just memorise stuff and start asking why. For all my other subjects I go *slightly* beyond the scope to understand better so maybe I should start for maths.

English:
My love. I’m so excited to do the creative but a little sad that once I write it I’ll never write it again :( even though I’ve only written it out twice and not completely
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:32:06 pm by Coolgalbornin03Lo »
My avatar sums up life.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2020, 09:19:03 am »
+8
Term 1 Week 8
I know it’s been AGES abut I should probably give you guys an update (not that anyone cares- lol).

English:
We did the creative task SAC about 3 weeks ago and I think it went great but we’ll see. We are now watching rear window and although I’m not a fan of old movies I’m enjoying analysing it and writing paragraphs about it.

Chemistry
Ahhhhh I really though I loved this subject. And I still do. But the sac was so hard! And after my English sac on the same day so I was a little drained. It was just on fuels (our school splits each AOS into 2 SACs so as a result- heaps of SACs yayy). I went in there aiming for 85% after the first few questions I was liek hmm 80% is a possibility then that fell to 70% then by the time I finished I was skeptical I would pass. But I ended up getting 70%!!! Later adjusted to 74% (everyone lost a mark wrongly). I was extremely pleased- till I heard people got 85% and stuff like that. It’s so hard to be content and not displeased. But the average was about 68% so if I just try to keep up the good work maybe my shot at a 40 isn’t over, just yet. Next week we have another SAC but on fuel cells and galvanic cells. I’m aiming for 80%+. I’m quite liking this topic actually and can’t wait for electrolysis.

Biology:
If you go back through my posts I was so scared for the sac as I didn’t do unit 1/2. I also hadn’t been keeping up. But the sac was last week and I got.....90%!!!! And apparently gene reg is the hardest! I’m actually happy with my grade for once and I don’t  care that many others may have scored 95% or 100% etc. The next SAC is photosynthesis and I’m really scared because although they said it’s “easier” I didn’t do 1/2 so it’s all new. And it’s the day after the next psych sac!

Pysch
Okay so I feel like this is legitimately my heaviest subject. The wording is so difficult. However on the first sac (which was the whole AOS 1 for some reason!) I score 87%. I’m very indifferent to this. I would be happy, however I’ve heard from friends who’ve scored 40-45 and my school last year “because psychs easy you’ve got to do really well”. And since the average was 71% maybe that wasn’t well enough. Oh well can’t dwell over my ranking now. I just need to learn from my mistakes (hard as I haven’t got the SAC back yet) and just try to do better. The next sac is in a week and a bit and apparently according to the teacher it’s “easy” so you have to do well 😫 just the fact that a teacher, whom usually don’t get into this ranking stuff, is spelling that out........

Methods
I am surviving not thriving BUT in the best way possible.

Anyway that’s it I’m stressed and doubting my ability to achieve anything but oh well, ttyl!

My avatar sums up life.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2020, 12:22:30 pm »
+4
Good work with bio!

It looks like you're doing above average for your cohort and there's heaps of assessment left so there's no need to stress about your results so far.

For psych I remember being really stressed because weak cohort and I wasn't rank 1 for the first SAC but in the end I got 47, rank 1 & dux. If past-me had known what was to come I would have spared myself a lot of stressing & I think one day you'll look back on where you are now and think the same thing. It can be really hard to have a chill perspective when you're in the middle of it but hopefully your stress calms down soon.

Good luck!

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2020, 10:25:47 pm »
+3
Term 1 is done.
I don’t know how to feel though. I had a psych sac today and it went okay but I was meant to have the bio sac tommorow and I really wish I could’ve to get it out of the way. The Chem sac was last week and that was okay. I’m so anxious and I have to keep reminding myself that we are currently only missing three days of school. The best I can do is revise over content I’ve done so far. I had no idea how to use these holidays best though. Get ahead or seriously consolidate what I’ve learned and get a good grasp on UCAT. Any opinions?

Not that anyone cares what I say or even reads my story :(

It was so hard going to that place everyday and being so lonley for almost a year but I feel like it’s even harder to sit alone at home with myself and still have to deal with that. I don’t know whether that problem will ever get better but only time will tell. Maybe I’ll look back on this journal and I’ll have friends and be happier and like myself. Or you know be gone
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 10:28:18 pm by Coolgalbornin03Lo »
My avatar sums up life.

Chocolatemilkshake

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2020, 08:56:22 am »
+3
Term 1 is done.
I don’t know how to feel though. I had a psych sac today and it went okay but I was meant to have the bio sac tommorow and I really wish I could’ve to get it out of the way. The Chem sac was last week and that was okay. I’m so anxious and I have to keep reminding myself that we are currently only missing three days of school. The best I can do is revise over content I’ve done so far. I had no idea how to use these holidays best though. Get ahead or seriously consolidate what I’ve learned and get a good grasp on UCAT. Any opinions?

I feel that too, it's the strangest thing (isn't year 12 already stressful enough?) Good job on your psych and chemistry SACs (it sucks that you didn't get to do your bio though!)

I think that you should set yourself some goals (as checklist if that works for you?) of what you want to achieve. Maybe spend the first week doing some revision and then start to do holiday homework and move ahead with some of the content in the other weeks. Fit some UCAT prep in there when you can. Obviously just do what works for you and make sure you leave some time to relax too  :D

It was so hard going to that place everyday and being so lonley for almost a year but I feel like it’s even harder to sit alone at home with myself and still have to deal with that. I don’t know whether that problem will ever get better but only time will tell. Maybe I’ll look back on this journal and I’ll have friends and be happier and like myself. Or you know be gone

Of course we care! There are tonnes of people in this community that will always be happy to read your problems/successes and everything in between. Always feel free to message me or post on your journal when you need support  ;D ;D (atarnotes people are cool people, what can we say?)

All the best  8) -CM-

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2020, 11:06:03 am »
+2
Term 1 is done.
Congratulations on completing your Psychology and Chemistry SACs! Yeah, revising over content is good especially so that you can target the areas where you have gaps in your knowledge. That way, you'll have a good grasp of everything. I think you should do both like CM suggested. That way, you'll have the benefits of learning new content and also the benefits of clarifying any misconceptions.

No, don't say that, many people care! I care! CM cares! A whole lot of other people do too! We are all here to support you.  :)
It was so hard going to that place everyday and being so lonely for almost a year but I feel like it’s even harder to sit alone at home with myself and still have to deal with that. I don’t know whether that problem will ever get better but only time will tell. Maybe I’ll look back on this journal and I’ll have friends and be happier and like myself. Or you know be gone
Same! Even if I am in the house with other people, I'm in a very isolated place upstairs while everyone's downstairs but it's okay, at least we're all here with you!  :) You got this and you can do it! I'm your friend and we'll always be here with you!  ;D