Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:01:50 pm

Author Topic: ranking  (Read 672 times)

Trwsh

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
ranking
« on: September 01, 2019, 04:15:51 pm »
hi guys
ive heard a lot of people telling me that your ranking is the most important thing
however my ranks for school are near the bottom for 2 of my subjects, im scared that if i do really well in my hsc exam it might get scaled down and i
wont achieve my raw exam mark
im not sure if i can beat the system or not, is there anyway to keep my marks or do at least well for those 2 subjects.
thank u

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Re: ranking
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 07:58:07 pm »
hi guys
ive heard a lot of people telling me that your ranking is the most important thing
however my ranks for school are near the bottom for 2 of my subjects, im scared that if i do really well in my hsc exam it might get scaled down and i
wont achieve my raw exam mark
im not sure if i can beat the system or not, is there anyway to keep my marks or do at least well for those 2 subjects.
thank u

Hey Trwsh! :D

I have been researching about your question and have come across these two links that may be of assistance:

They both basically talk about moderation and how this will affect your overall HSC mark!

Also, the higher your rank the better (as like a safety net thing), and don't be worried about being scaled down for just your marks, because if most of your classmates are getting high marks, you may inevitably be scaled up because of the classes average! ;)

But try your best and put in as much effort as you can because you only have 2 months till the end of the HSC! (I think) ;D ;D

I hope this helps, :)

Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Re: ranking
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 10:33:10 pm »
+1
Hi,

The ATAR Notes YouTube channel had a video on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frnC3C8wjQw

Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5