Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:05:15 am

Author Topic: The Mid-year exam of doom and my associated advice  (Read 5051 times)  Share 

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
Re: The Mid-year exam of doom and my associated advice
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 10:00:56 am »
Hey Eriny, i was just wondering what SAC marks and Exam marks (out of 180) you got in order to get a 50. Thanks.
My SAC marks were all A+, but varied between getting full marks and losing about 6 marks. I was ranked first in my class. As for the exams, I lost 2.5 marks on exam 1 (5 after doubling) and I don't know how many I lost on exam 2, but I think it was only one mark.

moshi

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 11:43:51 am »
i have no idea what orientation reflex is either! is it from AOS1? i came across a question about reflex arcs/spinal reflexes as well (are they related to orientation reflexes?)...and i couldn't find any info about that in my notes

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 11:48:39 am »
i dont think thats part of the study design.
where did you get this questions from?

daniel99

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 11:49:18 am »
Well if you dont know about it and neither do I and its not in the study design, I doubt we have to know it lol.

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 12:19:37 pm »
Orientation reflex was a term in the old study design (before the current design).

An orientation reflex is a behavioural response. It occurs when the eyes, head and body are turned towards an alarming stimulus. It ties in with elements of the study design relating to stress and stressors.

Don't need to know it :)
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) @ The University of Melbourne

misskaraleah

• Journalist Extraordinnaire
  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I believe impossible is possible to overcome
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 02:32:32 pm »
Hey Eriny, i was just wondering what SAC marks and Exam marks (out of 180) you got in order to get a 50. Thanks.
My SAC marks were all A+, but varied between getting full marks and losing about 6 marks. I was ranked first in my class. As for the exams, I lost 2.5 marks on exam 1 (5 after doubling) and I don't know how many I lost on exam 2, but I think it was only one mark.

Do you think your mark would change if you werent ranked first? Because im not ranked first, apparently im third, yet im getting A+ for all my SACS. Do think being ranked lower will impact on my dreams of achieving a perfect score?

Hughie

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 02:36:45 pm »
quick question, has it been proven that you can loose 5 marks in both exams and still manage a 50, with 100% sacs?

daniel99

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 02:38:12 pm »
I think its 5 marks in one exam or 5 marks all up, not in both exams?

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 02:39:28 pm »
quick question, has it been proven that you can loose 5 marks in both exams and still manage a 50, with 100% sacs?

5 marks AFTER doubling, yes.

So you would need 175/180 on both exams. That would mean you would lose 2.5 marks on each exam and get 100% for SACs. I'd say you could get a 50 with marks like that.

Hughie

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 02:40:22 pm »
I think its 5 marks in one exam or 5 marks all up, not in both exams?

yeah sorry that's what i ment lol. do you know if it depends on the year or is it a 'set in stone' type thing?

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 02:49:23 pm »
It definitely depends on the year. It depends on the academic strength of the cohort and the difficulty of the exams.

moshi

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 03:20:37 pm »
i dont think thats part of the study design.
where did you get this questions from?

i think from the insight 2005 practice exam, i was rather worried because i thought that any questions i found from exams 2005 onwards would relate directly to the current study design

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 12:08:08 am »

Do you think your mark would change if you werent ranked first? Because im not ranked first, apparently im third, yet im getting A+ for all my SACS. Do think being ranked lower will impact on my dreams of achieving a perfect score?
It depends how well the 2 people ahead of you do as well as how well you do. It's not unheard of for people who are not ranked first to end up getting 50s, but usually when this happens they're in an above average cohort (or at least, the top few performers are very good).

moshi

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 09:55:40 am »
6 people from my school got 50s last year, and they couldn't have all been ranked equal first, so i'd say you're still in with a fairly decent chance misskaraleah - even if you don't get 50, achieving a score in the high 40s is still pretty spectacular

daniel99

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 11:29:06 am »
6 people from my school got 50s last year, and they couldn't have all been ranked equal first, so i'd say you're still in with a fairly decent chance misskaraleah - even if you don't get 50, achieving a score in the high 40s is still pretty spectacular

6 PEOPLE....what school do you go to????? Only 9 people at my school go over 40 lol!!!