Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:10:30 am

Author Topic: ACCELERATED MATHS PROGRAM  (Read 3024 times)  Share 

indigoblu

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
ACCELERATED MATHS PROGRAM
« on: August 22, 2019, 11:29:43 pm »
I've apparently read this online for accepted students in MacRob, but what the accelerated maths program does, has anyone applied for it and how do you get in? Do you get the accelerated maths program immediately after you have got your offer or results? ;D
Thanks for your help!

for_icarus

• Forum Regular
  • stay with me... 真夜中のドアをたたき :)
  • Respect: +2
Re: ACCELERATED MATHS PROGRAM
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 09:14:48 am »
yeah can someone give me some tips bc i really want to get in, thanks :)
my goals
⎡Y10⎦ ✧  Methods 1/2 ⚬ Physics U2 
⎡Y11⎦ ✧ MM 3/4 ⚬ Phys 3/4 ⚬ Chem 1/2 ⚬ SM 1/2 ⚬ Eco 1/2 ⚬ Lit 1/2
⎡Y12⎦ ✧  Goal {98.00-99.95}
⎡UNI⎦ ✧  Ivy League

idontbelonghere

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 10:50:33 pm »
What year level are you going into? The accelerated program just means you do a year's work ahead. E.g. a Year 9 would be doing the Year 10 textbook, then you'd be doing Methods 1/2 by Year 10. I'm not sure if you're in your own 'accelerated' class or among the older year level.
Once you've been accepted (congratulations!), the offer to sit the test is later in the year, October ish I believe. It'll be in a later email and I recommend you just go for it, but I didn't get in lol. But if you can that's amazing!
I can't quite remember what was on the test, but if you sign up, they will provide you with a list of topics (usually 7-8) for you to revise.
Best of luck!

for_icarus

• Forum Regular
  • stay with me... 真夜中のドアをたたき :)
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 11:09:14 pm »
What year level are you going into? The accelerated program just means you do a year's work ahead. E.g. a Year 9 would be doing the Year 10 textbook, then you'd be doing Methods 1/2 by Year 10. I'm not sure if you're in your own 'accelerated' class or among the older year level.
Once you've been accepted (congratulations!), the offer to sit the test is later in the year, October ish I believe. It'll be in a later email and I recommend you just go for it, but I didn't get in lol. But if you can that's amazing!
I can't quite remember what was on the test, but if you sign up, they will provide you with a list of topics (usually 7-8) for you to revise.
Best of luck!
I’m going into Year 9, thanks so much for the info!
my goals
⎡Y10⎦ ✧  Methods 1/2 ⚬ Physics U2 
⎡Y11⎦ ✧ MM 3/4 ⚬ Phys 3/4 ⚬ Chem 1/2 ⚬ SM 1/2 ⚬ Eco 1/2 ⚬ Lit 1/2
⎡Y12⎦ ✧  Goal {98.00-99.95}
⎡UNI⎦ ✧  Ivy League

kimokeeffe

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 08:34:43 am »
I'm currently doing the accelerated maths program at my school (I'm in year 10, so doing methods 1/2), I find it's just a really good way to get one of your subjects done earlier so you can spend more time focusing on less subjects in year 12!
All the best with getting in :) advice for the years to come would be: STAY ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ahahaha the worst thing ever is getting to the exam/test and realising that you don't know or have forgotten half of the content, so just remember to stay on top of it and do your homework!  ;D ;D

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 08:44:10 am »
You all might want to take a look at this thread:

https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=30703.0

Its specifically about the Accelerated Maths Programs at Macrob. (Remember, while the idea is similar, the accelerated program at different schools are subject to change).

iwhdhwbdxjjssjj

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 06:45:31 pm »
Best of luck!

So can you apply for the accelerated maths class in Mac.Rob? If you didn’t get a Superior for mathematics, do you still have a chance?

Thanks

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 07:26:06 pm »
So can you apply for the accelerated maths class in Mac.Rob? If you didn’t get a Superior for mathematics, do you still have a chance?

Thanks

Yes I wanna know the same thing