Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:44:48 pm

Author Topic: 2020 English/EAL/Literature Tutoring!!  (Read 3863 times)  Share 

thevceenglishtrainer

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +7
2020 English/EAL/Literature Tutoring!!
« on: November 01, 2019, 02:49:33 pm »
SIGN-UP NOW FOR 2020 VCE ENGLISH, LIT, OR EAL TUTORING!!

**Edit Dec 01: 2 spots remaining for 2020.

Hey guys  :)

I will keep this short and sweet...

I am a Juris Doctor Law student at the University of Melbourne who graduated from Melbourne High School as Dux in both English (49 study score, raw) and Literature (48 study score, raw) with an ATAR of 99.4.

Over the past three years, I've tutored 70+ students, from all different schools and walks of life, in VCE English. My typical student receives a study score of 41 and my top students receive study scores of 49-50. My central focus in class is to develop in you powerful writing skills, so that you can produce consistently clear and compelling essays in under 60 minutes.

I generally tutor only a SMALL number of students a year, mainly because I like to give a lot of one-on-one attention. I read all my students texts and provide extensive A plus notes on each book as well as prompt breakdowns and A plus essays with my own personal commentary (only my personal students receive these resources).

First class with me is just a relaxed meet-and-greet so you can get a sense of my tutoring style. 100% free (over Skype/or CBD). Rates are $50/hr after that, though less if you are in a group.

Testimonials
Spoiler
Jem, St Ignatius College, 50, English

Max is hands down the most engaging and brilliant tutor I have ever had full-stop.

He really understands essay writing like nobody else. Particularly he is very good at translating what the examiners are looking for and then getting you to understand what is expected of you. For example, I had no idea how simple a language analysis essay can be if you understand precisely what the examiners want to see. I feel that I didn’t have a single teacher at school who was able to break-down what A+ analysis actually is as well as Max did.

Furthermore, each class was a joy to attend because not only would I get all this useful information, but Max would actually show me how he would analyse a piece of language, and then breakdown exactly what he did and why. His classes are all about learning what the 45+ study score students do and then cultivating those skills in yourself. After his classes I finally realised that VCE English is a lot less arbitrary than people think it is, but there are simple rules you can follow that raise the chances dramatically of getting a high-mark. Once I realised what these rules were, essay writing became a lot easier and quicker. I have Max to thank for this

Spoiler
Romy, Melbourne Grammar, 47, English
I have always been reasonable at English, but decided to get tutoring with Max after hearing from a friend some of the advice he had given her with text response. The first thing to say about Max is he comes up with the most incredible ideas when doing text response, comparative etc. Just the ideas alone he gives about character and plot analysis are worth their weight in gold. He reads academic articles on the texts you are studying where he gets a lot of really interesting interpretations on texts, and also invents a lot of his own. I used a bunch his ideas in one of my practice essays and my English teacher ended up reading out my essay to the whole class it was that good (lol it was literally just his ideas).

Above all he doesn’t tutor many students, so he was able to give my a lot of attention, and really come to understand what my weaknesses and strengths are as a writer. He went really in-depth into what was holding me back with my clarity and expressiveness of language, and then gave me specific techniques to adopt to overcome those weaknesses. I was a B+ student when I first came to Max but became A+ - and I think its mainly to do with how he figured out what was holding my writing back and then changed it.

Spoiler
Rushie, Geelong Grammar, 48, English

The really amazing thing about Max’s teaching is that it is all about developing really strong writing skills. His point (which is so true) is that if you can learn exactly the structure and principles of an A+ essay, then getting a high score is just a matter of replicating that structure and those principles in your own essay. I think many students THINK they understand what an A+ essay is, but not to the degree where they can explain in their own words exactly what needs to be done to get 20/20. Max is a freak of nature in this respect, in that he is really good at turning “complexity into simplicity” - making the complex things like what a body paragraph should consist of really easy to comprehend and then replicate.

The truth is that even if I hadn’t gotten the score I did thanks to Max, I would still be stoked with his classes, mainly because I feel that in general my attitude towards writing and reading has changed for the better. I am a much more confident essay writer than I used to be. I’m also a lot faster, which is due to Max’s writing exercises, which I think are honestly some of the most powerful strategies to become a really efficient and effective essay writer.
Beyond that, Max is a really genial and supporting guy, super accommodating, and always willing to help. He’s also pretty hilarious, so you will have a laugh if you become one of his students.

To register for a free class, please text 0477 615 759. **NOTE: I only have one Sunday session and two week-day sessions remaining for 2020.]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 06:01:32 pm by thevceenglishtrainer »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: 2020 English/EAL/Literature Tutoring!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 05:10:06 pm »
+1
Hi,

A few things:
- I have edited your post to remove the all caps title as per forum rules
- I am assuming that your study scores are reported raw/unscaled however please explicitly state if your scores are scaled or not as per tutoring advertisement rules.
- I have deleted a duplicate of this post, as per forum rules

Good luck for your & your students' studies
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 05:13:13 pm by Bri MT »