Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:29:16 am

Author Topic: VCE Journal: Pray for Me  (Read 6578 times)

strawberrytoast

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3
VCE Journal: Pray for Me
« on: May 06, 2019, 12:06:09 am »
+5
Hello! I started this journal so that I'd have some form of pressure(?) to actually keep up with my studies haha...
I've had a read of some of the journal's here! Many people on the forum seem to be quite high achievers and their journals are written so well :OO
But for me I plan to write my journal a bit more laxxed, I hope thats alright haha
I'm not a great student and for privacy reasons I'd like to keep my subjects vague..
I'm not expecting too much of myself aaa rip
(though it would be really nice if I could get an ATAR in the 80s!!)
My subjects are:
Spoiler
Further
Englang
Legal
and
two Second Languages!! (I'm very worried about one of them bc I picked it up without the 1,2 rip)
I really regret dropping psych for the language. (I got 75% on a Psychology SAC and freaked out and picked up a language 3,4 I'm literally so dumb I know. I regret it a lot. I wasn't in the right state of mind at the time I guess..)
But no point complaining about it, I just need to do my best now! I can't believe that my Year 11 self thought that 75% on a SAC was so bad that I should drop the subject omg.... (if I get a 75% now I'm very happy hahaha...)

I'm.
So.
Stupid.
But I digress.
Today I hope to get my practice analytical commentary done, as well as a take home further test.
I'm really lost in further tbh, but I'm so scared to ask for help because further's supposed to be the "easy" subject...I think I'll ask one of my friends regarding the take home test tomorrow at school. The test is on Time Series; or how my friends and I belovingly call it T-Series hehehe; such a dead meme now...I'm so sorry.
Off topic but I recently quit my job and I need to find a new one...I'm a little stressed over this too?

EDITING TEN MILLION TIMES BC MY GRAMMAR OML

[Edit 2] Oh! I forgot to mention my goals, uhhhh
I hope to get 30~35 raw study scores in all of my subjects. Wish me luck please !!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 11:36:22 am by toasterbath »
englang | further | legal | ??SL | ??SL

yoo how do I get a gif in my sig tho

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
Re: VCE Journal: VCE Got me wanting to take a toaster bath
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 12:27:08 am »
+1
Hello! I started this journal so that I'd have some form of pressure(?) to actually keep up with my studies haha...
I've had a read of some of the journal's here! Many people on the forum seem to be quite high achievers and their journals are written so well :OO
But for me I plan to write my journal a bit more laxxed, I hope thats alright haha
I'm not a great student and for privacy reasons I'd like to keep my subjects vague so because of that I'm not expecting too much of myself aaa rip
(though it would be really nice if I could get an ATAR in the 80s!!)
My subjects are:
Spoiler
Further
Englang
Legal
and
two Second Languages!! (I'm very worried about one of them bc I picked it up without the 1,2 rip)
I really regret dropping psych for the language. (I got 75% on a Psychology SAC and freaked out and picked up a language 3,4 I'm literally so dumb I know. I regret it a lot. I wasn't in the right state of mind at the time I guess..)
But no point complaining about it, I just need to do my best now! I can't believe that my Year 11 self thought that 75% on a SAC was so bad that I should drop the subject omg.... (if I get a 75% now I'm very happy hahaha...)

I'm.
So.
Stupid.
But I digress.
Today I hope to get my practice analytical commentary done, as well as a take home further test.
I'm really lost in further tbh, but I'm so scared to ask for help because further's supposed to be the "easy" subject...I think I'll ask one of my friends regarding the take home test tomorrow at school. The test is on Time Series; or how my friends and I belovingly call it T-Series hehehe; such a dead meme now...I'm so sorry.
Off topic but I recently quit my job and I need to find a new one...I'm a little stressed over this too?

Ayyeeee always good to see a new journal starting up, looking forward to read more.

In terms of further, don't get discouraged if you don't understand something just because it's an 'easy' subject, because sometimes it's not. If you're too afraid to ask your teacher or other students questions, you can always post on the Further maths question thread
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

strawberrytoast

• Adventurer
Re: VCE Journal: VCE Got me wanting to take a toaster bath
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 12:33:49 am »
+2
Ayyeeee always good to see a new journal starting up, looking forward to read more.

In terms of further, don't get discouraged if you don't understand something just because it's an 'easy' subject, because sometimes it's not. If you're too afraid to ask your teacher or other students questions, you can always post on the Further maths question thread
Aaaa tyvm! I should really do something about my fear to ask questions haha (for all of my subjects) thank you for the Further thread! Ahh let's both do well in VCE ^^

Macrophagee

Re: VCE Journal
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 09:08:56 pm »
+1
Hello nice to see another journal
Re Further, yeah it's the "easy maths" but don't feel discouraged if you don't understand something. The questions can be tricky and mistakes do add up.
Good luck

strawberrytoast

• Adventurer
Re: VCE Journal
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 11:37:16 am »
Hello nice to see another journal
Re Further, yeah it's the "easy maths" but don't feel discouraged if you don't understand something. The questions can be tricky and mistakes do add up.
Good luck
Thank you^^

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: VCE Journal: Pray for Me
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 12:10:37 pm »
+1
Hey, welcome to the forums! Great to have you here. :)

Re: your job, what kinda industry were you in previously? Are you looking for something similar?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

strawberrytoast

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 12:11:45 pm »
+3
oooo first update owo
First off, I'm really sorry to anyone that may have been effected by my previous thread title and my current username. I've changed it to something more appropriate, I didn't mean any malice by it and I definately dont take mental illness or anything of that nature lightly, if you're going through anything and need someone, please feel free to PM me! Unfortunately I couldnt find a way to change my username.
-
So I asked my friend about further and I think I get it now yayyy ^^ (it was really scary to ask, but she was really nice about it, thank god)
Aaa I dont think my legal teacher is the biggest fan of me; it's probably just me. But I feel really bad because I had him for legal last year as well and I did quite well (full marks for everything hehe) but now...
I'm not doing so well, in fact thats how I'm doing in all of subjects. And I'm really worried and a bit discouraged? Sorta kinda gave up but I haven't at the same time; afterall if I gave up why would I be on this forum hahaha
I feel like I've disappointed all of my teachers and I feel really bad;;;; at this point I want to do...decent for them.
I think it has something to do with many regrettable choices I made last year. T_T
One of which being:
I dropped "subject x" for Englang because it was the only subject that fit in my timetable and I really, really couldn't with that subject. I dropped Mainstream English for Englang because
1. I actually really like Englang!!
2. For end of year exams last year I got C+ for both; even though I studied really hard for mainstream and didn't bother studying or paying attention in class for Englang because my original plan was to just drop Englang this year (2019). Soooooo in that case I thought I'd be better off in Englang. But because my lazy soul didn't pay attention in class or study for Englang it was almost as if I was picking up Englang without the 1,2. And also my teacher's usless. Absoulutely useless. When I ask her a question she tells me to figure it out on my own...? Um? Bro I already did that, thats why I'm asking you??
Mini rant about my EngLang teacher
Spoiler
Honestly I think my class better off with having a vegetable for a teacher, because that's basically what our Englang teacher is; just in a permanent vegetated state. She sits at the front of the class; reads a passage off the textbook and then just sits there. When we ask her question she tells us that we need to figure it out ourselves or she dodges the question. I think its really sad how everyone and I mean everyone in my class as an Englang tutor. Afterall tutoring isn't cheap and some can't/struggle to afford it. So it really isn't fair I feel like. And because tutors are picking up her slack, our class isn't getting memed by Englang as a subject so she's probably under the assumption that she's doing a good job at teaching but...no? We've all written complaints about her to our assistant principal and he just wrote back some lame excuse for her, and sent it as a mass email (?) to our class. Ugh.
And another really depressing thing(?) is that the Englang teacher for the other class that
a c t u a l l y  d o e s  h e r  j o b
comes into school on her days off to help us, because she wants us to do well. She's not getting paid for her time; she is coming into work to help us in her free time. I'm really grateful for that but that's so unfair on her. We had her as a sub once and we hinted to her that our teacher isn't doing anything to help us. Apparently she's emailed our teacher a bunch of worksheets and notes and our teacher never bothered to email them to us? What the fuuuuuuuuu
I'm feeling very lost and overwhelmed. Thankfully I got a tutor now so I'm feeling a little less lost and now just a bit behind. But I feel like in a few more weeks I'll be at an okay place with Englang!!
And then dropping psych oh my god, so much regret. So. Much. At the start of the year I begged my coordinator to let me pick up psych again but she wouldn't let me. Oh well; regretting and being sad isn't going to fix anything. I gotta work hard ad not give up! Even though I kinda have heh..
I just needed to a place to dump my thoughts so I'm sorry if there are any typos or grammar errors haha, expect to see a lot of that in this journal.

Anyway, here's today's mystery link of the day? Hahaha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYzMYcUty6s

strawberrytoast

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 12:14:47 pm »
+1
Hey, welcome to the forums! Great to have you here. :)

Re: your job, what kinda industry were you in previously? Are you looking for something similar?
Ah thanks for the welcome ^^
I was in hospitality! At this point I dont really mind where I work haha, it's just that my previous workplace was a bit too stressful, all jobs are of course but... like, eh

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 02:34:45 pm »
+1
That really sucks about you englishlang teacher. Is English what she normally teaches or is she just a replacement from another subject? Aside from your teacher, do you actually like the subject?
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

strawberrytoast

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 02:53:37 pm »
That really sucks about you englishlang teacher. Is English what she normally teaches or is she just a replacement from another subject? Aside from your teacher, do you actually like the subject?
In terms of VCE I think she exclusively teaches Mainstream English and Englang. Aside from her, I really like Englang!

strawberrytoast

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 06:35:50 pm »
Mini update; I did absoulutely awful on my further SAC and one of my LOTE teacher's told my mom that I'm hopeless hahaha..
I used to have awful self control but now I'm focusing easier? Maybe because those two instances were a real wake up call for me; which is good! But I'm still really worried about all of my subjects yikes. I'd be lucky to get an S at this point. I'm realllllly worried...other subjects I have an idea of what I need to do but I'm really worried about my LOTE. My pride really got the rest of me huh..

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 06:57:07 pm »
Mini update; I did absoulutely awful on my further SAC and one of my LOTE teacher's told my mom that I'm hopeless hahaha..
I used to have awful self control but now I'm focusing easier? Maybe because those two instances were a real wake up call for me; which is good! But I'm still really worried about all of my subjects yikes. I'd be lucky to get an S at this point. I'm realllllly worried...other subjects I have an idea of what I need to do but I'm really worried about my LOTE. My pride really got the rest of me huh..

I think everyone has periods of doubts. Don't get let yourself get de-motivated by your teachers talking shit to your parents, just try to push through and prove them wrong. Good luck.
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

strawberrytoast

• Adventurer
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 10:18:16 pm »
I think everyone has periods of doubts. Don't get let yourself get de-motivated by your teachers talking shit to your parents, just try to push through and prove them wrong. Good luck.
Thanks yo >:3 we got this lets gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

strawberrytoast

• Adventurer
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 10:36:57 am »
Big ooft I met with my career's advisor the other day and he doubts I could get into uni.
I think I'm at an okay place with further now. But all myother subjects I'm not so sure.
We finished unit 3 for legal and my lowest grade was C and highest was B+ for my SACs. At anyone reading this? If any. What study score should I expect considering I continue on the way I do? (Of course I'm working to improve; but if I was to stay where I am?)
We're half way through the year and I still haven't caught up. I'm scared. Really scared. I need to work harder because I know that right now I'm being lazy

strawberrytoast

• Adventurer
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 10:45:09 am »
I guess one good thing is tho; purely out of desperation on my part haha but I'm actually asking teachers for help and I don't know if it's because all of the complaints about our Englang teacher finally reached her ears but she's acutally making an effort to teach us, still not good at teacahing but at least she's trying...?