Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2017, 10:55:02 pm

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 391037 times)  Share 

Aaron

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +105
Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #5010 on: December 06, 2016, 12:08:25 am »
Hello,
Can anyone provide information regarding tutor/demo positions? I am likewise keen to apply. Would it be possible to tutor just finishing a Bachelors degree and where we should forward our expression of interest?
I am somewhat optimistic about this, as I received the top scoring student award for my major (aggregate across second and third year).

When I was interested in demonstrating for the Faculty of IT, I sent a request through ask.monash and they referred me onto the Faculty of IT's academic coordinator, who told me how to register interest. Your best bet would be to either do that, or contact the faculty you wish to demonstrate for, directly. Obviously I didn't follow through with it, but it was interesting to see the process.
BInfoTech LTU, MTeach [Sec Ed] (Maths/IT) Monash [current]

Former uni tutor + lab demonstrator in computer science & IT.
Current secondary teacher in training.

My Website - ATAR Notes Leadership Team

Ask Monash University

• Official Representative of Monash University
  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #5011 on: December 08, 2016, 12:59:31 pm »
Hello,
Can anyone provide information regarding tutor/demo positions? I am likewise keen to apply. Would it be possible to tutor just finishing a Bachelors degree and where we should forward our expression of interest?
I am somewhat optimistic about this, as I received the top scoring student award for my major (aggregate across second and third year).

Hi Cloud.Nine

Do check out this web page for more information of becoming a Student Tutor: https://www.monash.edu/career-connect/jobs/find-a-job/become-a-student-tutor

Career Connect would also be able to advise on the process of becoming a student tutor, as well as offering useful resources for students and graduates: https://www.monash.edu/career-connect/contacts

Hope the information helps.  :)
Monash University ATAR Notes team. For more information about Monash and our courses visit study.monash

esthertham58

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5012 on: December 14, 2016, 10:06:31 am »
Hey guys,

Does anyone know any Monash students who is doing Nutrition Science ?

I would like to contact them and ask them some questions. Thank you.

heids

• maths methods is freaking awesome yo
  • National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. 1 Cor 8:1
  • Respect: +542
« Reply #5013 on: December 14, 2016, 10:18:52 am »
Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure anna.xo did, but there's no guarantee she'll be able to answer your questions. :)
VCE 2014: HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Post-VCE: It's got kinda messy. It's okay to not have everything together, friends.

esthertham58

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #5014 on: December 14, 2016, 10:30:35 am »
I'm pretty sure anna.xo did, but there's no guarantee she'll be able to answer your questions. :)

Thanks!

amandex

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Balwyn high
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #5015 on: December 14, 2016, 11:27:31 am »
Hey!
has anyone transferred from rmit to monash?? im looking at doing a bachelor of business at Rmit and then transferring into commerce at Monash.

olumidekehinde

• Adventurer
  • School: Gleneagles Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #5016 on: December 14, 2016, 11:40:55 pm »
I was wondering if someone can give me information on any suggestions on the following courses: Bachelor of Commerce/Computer Science and Bachelor of Commerce/Biomedicine.

My main questiosn include: What types of future/career do both courses offer? Which one would have more jobs?

Thanks!

anna.xo

• No exam discussion
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +46
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #5017 on: January 06, 2017, 08:30:18 am »
+1
Hey guys,

Heidi was correct, I'm doing this :)
2014: VCE
2015: Bachelor of Nutrition Science @ Monash University

Mohammad26

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • School: BHHS
« Reply #5018 on: January 30, 2017, 03:34:00 pm »
Hey, can someone help me with what are the prerequisite units for medicine that Melbourne uni wants if you're doing biomed in monash and you want to try to get into medicine at melb.
So if you're doing biomed Monash, do you meet the prerequisite for Melb uni or do you have to take some prerequisite units as your electives? if yes, what are those units in Monash?

Sine

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +58
« Reply #5019 on: January 30, 2017, 03:42:11 pm »
+3
Hey, can someone help me with what are the prerequisite units for medicine that Melbourne uni wants if you're doing biomed in monash and you want to try to get into medicine at melb.
So if you're doing biomed Monash, do you meet the prerequisite for Melb uni or do you have to take some prerequisite units as your electives? if yes, what are those units in Monash?
I'm pretty sure the biomed core subjects at monash cover the biochem, anatomy & physiology prerequisites for MD at UoM.
2017-2019: Biomedicine (scholars program) [Monash University]
2020- ???

Mohammad26

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • School: BHHS
« Reply #5020 on: February 01, 2017, 04:33:11 pm »
I'm pretty sure the biomed core subjects at monash cover the biochem, anatomy & physiology prerequisites for MD at UoM.

Thank you  :)

Coffee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #5021 on: February 13, 2017, 07:42:43 pm »
Stupid question but I just bought an MSA card online and it didn't ask me for a postal address so how am I supposed to receive it LOL?
2017-2019: BA, Monash University

VCE Philosophy Question Thread

AngelWings

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #5022 on: February 13, 2017, 07:47:38 pm »
+1
Stupid question but I just bought an MSA card online and it didn't ask me for a postal address so how am I supposed to receive it LOL?

When you're next on campus, go and check out the MSA counter. At Clayton, it's the MSA counter on first floor of Campus Centre or in the MSA area on ground floor of the same building. They should essentially stick an MSA sticker on your Monash card, which will be the card you're looking for. (It should be similar for other campuses, just different locations.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 07:51:14 pm by AngelWings »
2013 - 14: Psychology | English Language | LOTE | Mathematical Methods (CAS) | Further Mathematics | Chemistry                  
2015 - :

Coffee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #5023 on: February 13, 2017, 07:51:19 pm »
+1
When you're next on campus (I'm assuming you're Clayton campus here), go and check out the MSA counter. At Clayton, it's the MSA counter on first floor of Campus Centre or in the MSA area on ground floor of the same building. They should essentially stick an MSA sticker on your Monash card, which will be the card you're looking for.
Perfect! Thank you :) I'm guessing it's fine if I just organise it sometime next week then during orientation? Do you know if I need to bring any sort of proof of purchase or will they be able to follow that up with my ID number?
2017-2019: BA, Monash University

VCE Philosophy Question Thread

Sine

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +58
« Reply #5024 on: February 13, 2017, 07:52:54 pm »
What are the best events to go to for o-week? (the ones which are open to all courses)

Reposting because it was gonna get buried  :P
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:00:37 pm by Sine »
2017-2019: Biomedicine (scholars program) [Monash University]
2020- ???