Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 11:33:51 am

Author Topic: Paper 2 Exam Discussion (Standard)  (Read 8611 times)

pughg16

• Forum Regular
Re: Paper 2 Exam Discussion (Standard)
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2016, 05:02:59 pm »
I can't seem to download the papers?
I don't want them just yet.... ;) I need to forget about English for a while first  :P....but was just wondering if something is wrong?

kawther

• Trailblazer
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 05:23:13 pm »
The Wilfred Owen question used the pronoun of 'us'. Was it wise to use this in my essay? I used 'the audience' mainly but also said 'us' a few times. Thaaaaanks

Im pretty sure it would be all g, i used "the responder" and "the audience" mainly

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 05:33:15 pm »
You are finished! That is English, done and dusted; most of us will never write a single essay again. Hooray! ;D

How was the exam? Was it what you expected? Share your thoughts below! :)

My thoughts:
Mod A - Richard. Ok, so the question in itself was LOVELY. Super kind, super predictable. The request to mention the excerpts from the text? BRUTAL...
Mod B - Yeats. Amazing. Absolutely amazing.
Mod C - Landscapes. It was ok. You would have had to really tackle "intrinsically" to get those high marks, and I think that I would have struggled at some points in my own analysis with this!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 05:33:44 pm »
I can't seem to download the papers?
I don't want them just yet.... ;) I need to forget about English for a while first  :P....but was just wondering if something is wrong?

Click on this link here and open the spoilers. Does that work? :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

Mattgolfball

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Corowa
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2016, 06:54:31 pm »
Extract >:( >:( >:(

EmileeSmith

• Forum Regular
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2016, 07:27:38 pm »
that was the easiest exam iv ever done

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2016, 08:11:37 pm »
Extract >:( >:( >:(

Hey Matt! Welcome to the forums! I feel you, that bloody extract though...

joey9911

• Trailblazer
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2016, 08:39:45 pm »
The Wilfred Owen question used the pronoun of 'us'. Was it wise to use this in my essay? I used 'the audience' mainly but also said 'us' a few times. Thaaaaanks

I did the same! I just addressed "us" as "the audience"! :D

pughg16

• Forum Regular
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2016, 06:34:55 pm »
Click on this link here and open the spoilers. Does that work? :)

Thankyou!!!

$Billi$

• Adventurer
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2016, 12:10:16 am »
Hey Jamon, what do you think the cut-off for band 6 will be this year? If I manage to pull a 90 in English I can achieve my goal atar of 99+. As you have realised English is my weakest subject  :'( also will getting mid-high 80s in standard stand in between me and that 99+ atar? For my other subjects I'm expecting 95+ (chem, physics, 3u maths , armenian)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 12:27:46 am »
Hey Jamon, what do you think the cut-off for band 6 will be this year? If I manage to pull a 90 in English I can achieve my goal atar of 99+. As you have realised English is my weakest subject  :'( also will getting mid-high 80s in standard stand in between me and that 99+ atar? For my other subjects I'm expecting 95+ (chem, physics, 3u maths , armenian)

Hey! So look, I won't lie to you, Standard English makes it tough to get a 99+. I'm not saying impossible, but tougher than it already is. That said, if you can get the 95+ in your other subjects then it becomes less of an issue ;D you'll really want to get into the 90's though, or as close as possible; to have the best chance of cracking that upper range.

That said, I reckon you'll surprise yourself with how well you do in English! The band cut-offs will be higher this year (I think), I get the vibe that students found it harder than they did this time last year. And I think the paper was harder personally too. Be sure to consult the raw marks database for an indicator of where they could sit roughly. We'll have to wait and see!

Focus on smashing your last exams out of the park. The higher you get in the others, the less English will matter at all! :) no point stressing about this now, keep studying and working hard and what will be will be! ;D

$Billi$

• Adventurer
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 10:46:46 am »
Hey! So look, I won't lie to you, Standard English makes it tough to get a 99+. I'm not saying impossible, but tougher than it already is. That said, if you can get the 95+ in your other subjects then it becomes less of an issue ;D you'll really want to get into the 90's though, or as close as possible; to have the best chance of cracking that upper range.

That said, I reckon you'll surprise yourself with how well you do in English! The band cut-offs will be higher this year (I think), I get the vibe that students found it harder than they did this time last year. And I think the paper was harder personally too. Be sure to consult the raw marks database for an indicator of where they could sit roughly. We'll have to wait and see!

Focus on smashing your last exams out of the park. The higher you get in the others, the less English will matter at all! :) no point stressing about this now, keep studying and working hard and what will be will be! ;D

Fingers Crossed! Let's hope for the best  :) thank man!