Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:15:17 am

Author Topic: Bachelor of psychology and Bachelor of arts (psych)  (Read 5640 times)  Share 

Merlyn

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Bachelor of psychology and Bachelor of arts (psych)
« on: October 10, 2013, 06:27:52 pm »
I just thought it would be cool to ask about how the course is like in Monash. Is anyone studying it?
(my first preference is for Melbourne, but my scores in practice exams are really iffy right now.. :L)

Also, what's the difference of studying psychology through Arts, and studying psychology as it is? Can I still go on to become a psychologist in the same number of years?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:37:27 pm by Merlyn »
Eng[45] Psych[45] Studio Arts[46]
2013: 97.5 ATAR
2014: BA@UoM

Feel free to contact me if you need help in any of those subjects. ^^

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Re: Bachelor of psychology and Bachelor of arts (psych)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 11:52:46 pm »
+1
Deleted your other thread which was a replica of this one with less info, hope it gets answered and good luck!

ShortBlackChick

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 12:11:30 am »
If you mean Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) at Clayton, something you need to know is that the Honours year isnt guaranteed, you would still be competing for a place with Psych students coming from Arts, Sci etc.
2010: History Revolutions 35
2011: English 3/4, Accounting 3/4, Economics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, International Studies 3/4.

This C**t, under the name of anonymous, started giving me shit and I called him a C**t and now look. I'm f****n banned.

slothpomba

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Chief Executive Sloth
  • Respect: +327
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:54:06 pm »
Also, what's the difference of studying psychology through Arts, and studying psychology as it is? Can I still go on to become a psychologist in the same number of years?

Exactly the same AFAIK. Long as you take all the accredited subjects you need to take you should be fine.

ATAR Notes Chat
Philosophy thread
-----
2011-15: Bachelor of Science/Arts (Religious studies) @ Monash Clayton - Majors: Pharmacology, Physiology, Developmental Biology
2016: Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Psychiatry research