Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 03:54:25 pm

Author Topic: VCE Accounting Exam 2016 discussion  (Read 16069 times)

The Usual Student

• Forum Leader
  • Wisdom begins in wonder
  • Respect: +24
VCE Accounting Exam 2016 discussion
« on: October 28, 2016, 09:37:20 pm »
Hey guys
The accounting Exam is only a week away...... better late then never for a thread :p
How is preparation going?

Cornrow Kenny

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +4
Re: VCE Accounting Exam 2016 discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 11:23:41 pm »
Haven't done work for days as been busy with exams, should do a bit on the weekend. After Further on Monday gonna be smashing them out. Feeling pretty confident though, how about you? Accounting community wasn't that big throughout the year so hopefully some new faces pop up around exam time  :)
15'/16' VCE - 96.55
17'- Bachelor of Commerce (University of Melbourne)

The Usual Student

• Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 12:17:36 am »
Haven't done work for days as been busy with exams, should do a bit on the weekend. After Further on Monday gonna be smashing them out. Feeling pretty confident though, how about you? Accounting community wasn't that big throughout the year so hopefully some new faces pop up around exam time  :)

Nice!
Yeah accounting used to be huge on AN a few years back but it's almost empty now :(
Either way feel free to post any questions guys! Someone will answer 😁

postera

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 01:01:23 am »

Likewise. Hoping to get a good amount done this weekend and following both Further and BusMan on Monday.

Will do, and thanks Usual! All the best.

Breen6

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 07:19:09 pm »
Just wondering can we write outside the boxes for the theory question? Saw it being discussed on vce discussion space and people were saying you couldn't but a lecture I went to the lecturer said you could??? Cheers

The Usual Student

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 07:51:06 pm »
Just wondering can we write outside the boxes for the theory question? Saw it being discussed on vce discussion space and people were saying you couldn't but a lecture I went to the lecturer said you could??? Cheers

from my understanding, try not to write too much outside the box but a few lines are fine, they mainly want to limit how much you are writing because they don't want to read a 3 paragraph essay per theory question. That is why they have the boxes, but a few lines outside are fine.

atarkiller98

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 05:55:03 pm »
When I was doing one of the theory questions I happened to realise what i was doing was completely wrong...since it was in pen i had no choice but to cross is all out and write right beneath the lined spaces. Will this still be assessed even though nothing i wrote was on the lined spaces above?

aishahmohammed

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 06:13:49 pm »
How did you guys feel about the accounting exam? I feel completely distraught after that exam. I answered all the questions. I feel like I did pretty well with the theory questions but I screwed up in some questions. I feel so horrible because accounting was never an easy subject for me. I've been revising for accounting since August and I did more than 20 papers. I honestly don't know why I screwed up. Anyone else feel like that? Sorry for all this negativity. I'm just really sad. I feel like it's going to impact my ATAR negatively.

nt2387

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 06:16:39 pm »
When I was doing one of the theory questions I happened to realise what i was doing was completely wrong...since it was in pen i had no choice but to cross is all out and write right beneath the lined spaces. Will this still be assessed even though nothing i wrote was on the lined spaces above?
Yes, absolutely.

2015: Accounting 49 | Sociology 44

2016: Psychology 49 | English 45 | Chemistry 45 | Methods 41     ATAR: 99.55

TUTORING 2017 - PM if interested!

SexGodDosia

• Trailblazer
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 06:31:07 pm »
How did you guys feel about the accounting exam? I feel completely distraught after that exam. I answered all the questions. I feel like I did pretty well with the theory questions but I screwed up in some questions. I feel so horrible because accounting was never an easy subject for me. I've been revising for accounting since August and I did more than 20 papers. I honestly don't know why I screwed up. Anyone else feel like that? Sorry for all this negativity. I'm just really sad. I feel like it's going to impact my ATAR negatively.
\

I feel like most people screwed up because there was such a large focus on Account reconstruction of which many people dont practice much and the absence of any stock card maybe threw people off
Personally lucky for me i went over account reconstruction heavily with my teacher which was v lucky, general census was some people didnt finish in time however majority did however many people were upset/ not happy with how they went coming out, like mentioned above the areas where you had to re-evaluate the Machinery HC etc threw people off

It was just very dependant on whether you studied on this particular area, if you did it didnt take long and you could finish with 15mins to go, personally i messed up the debt ratio question but apart from that found it generally easy if you picked up on the areas where they could throw you off
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 06:36:35 pm by SexGodDosia »

atarkiller98

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 06:37:27 pm »
Which questions did you feel that you really screwed up on? Question 6 got my whole cohort questioning it .. wasn't too sure what made it so complicated though, maybe the fact that there was no sundry creditor involved I wasnt really too sure.

tanvikumar

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: Suzanne Cory High School
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 07:06:26 pm »

I know exactly how you feel :// i literally have no idea why but i feel like i screwed up really badly :( disposal completely screwed me up coz i left it till last since i didnt think it would take too long for me to get it done. its just worse for me because accounting was my favorite subject and i worked really hard for it. Other than that i thought the exam was okay, i just wish they had more medium difficulty than putting in something that throws a lot of people off, but hey i guess thats VCE! good luck for the rest of your exams and don't stress about it too much( easier said than done fml so sad rn) since its over and you can only work on the exams you have left!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 07:08:04 pm by tanvikumar »

aishahmohammed

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 07:12:27 pm »
That's the same with me. I don't really know why I feel so horrible. I'm literally questioning every other VCE exam I've done.

aishahmohammed

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 07:14:22 pm »

Which questions did you feel that you really screwed up on? Question 6 got my whole cohort questioning it .. wasn't too sure what made it so complicated though, maybe the fact that there was no sundry creditor involved I wasnt really too sure.

It was mainly the account reconstructions that I screwed up. I was fine with question 6. Also question 3, I couldn't think straight although it was quite easy. Not sure if I got it right. Might have screwed up other bits and bobs too :(

hahahaliao

• Adventurer
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2016, 02:47:36 am »
Is there any suggested solutions for exam?I want to know how many marks I lost——\no, how many marks I can get, I give up accounting already:(