Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 21, 2024, 01:50:45 am

Author Topic: Chinese SL (Standard) Unit 1/2  (Read 2535 times)  Share 

amorphous

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Chinese SL (Standard) Unit 1/2
« on: January 06, 2017, 08:15:04 pm »
Hi! Just wondering what exactly will be tested/assessed for Chinese SL (Standard) Unit 1/2? What to study/revise for?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 11:39:56 am by amorphous »

thammie

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +23
Re: Chinese SL (Standard) Unit 1/2
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 08:36:36 pm »
Hi! Just wondering what exactly will be tested/assessed for Chinese SL (Standard) Unit 1/2? What to study/revise for?

I haven't done Chinese for a while, but from what I remember, in Chinese(SL) Units 1/2, you will be assessed on:
- essay writing (essay types include: expository, persuasive, evaluative, descriptive and imaginary(which is not encouraged by some teachers) but most of the time, you will be able to pick from around 5 topics )
- translation from Chinese to English
- listening to a recording and then responding to some questions
- reading comprehension.
You will probably also have an oral test where you need to write a conversation between two people and memorize it with a partner in class. It is pretty much the same for Units 3/4, except you have general conversation and a detailed study for oral. You can't exactly study/revise for Chinese (SL) units 1/2 (you can study the dictionary if you like) but you can practice, read sample essays and memorise idioms and essays/essay points! :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:46:16 pm by thammie »
2019-2023: BMedSc/MD at Monash Uni
Music performance tips
How I got 48 raw in legal

thammie

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +23
Re: Chinese SL (Standard) Unit 1/2
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 12:01:34 am »
+1
Thank you for the reply! Do you know where there are sample tests available online?

I'm not sure if you can find sample tests for Units 1/2 but there are past exams(for units 3/4) and examination reports on the vcaa website which should be kinda similar: http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/vce/studies/lote/chinese2nd/exams.aspx
2019-2023: BMedSc/MD at Monash Uni
Music performance tips
How I got 48 raw in legal