Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 01:22:44 am

Author Topic: HSC Class of 2016 Discussion Thread  (Read 154493 times)  Share 

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: HSC Class of 2016 Discussion Thread
« Reply #525 on: September 29, 2016, 03:58:41 pm »
Been busting out past papers nonstop haha... during ungodly hours of the morning. Not particularly surprising if you look at my posts so far - 1-4AM ~ Motivation hits when the sun goes down ;D

I asked you about my creative piece for EE1 at the end of the english lecture, and I've tried adapting it to last year's question! Will post it up when I reach the quota haha :D

Oh hey! I know you!! ;) Of course! You sound like you're definitely on the right track in terms of past papers. You'll become familiar with patterns and demands of the paper, which will give you enormous advantage in the exam! Do you nap in the day? I can't imagine being awake at that crazy time :P
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

ml125

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #526 on: September 29, 2016, 04:11:18 pm »
Oh hey! I know you!! ;) Of course! You sound like you're definitely on the right track in terms of past papers. You'll become familiar with patterns and demands of the paper, which will give you enormous advantage in the exam! Do you nap in the day? I can't imagine being awake at that crazy time :P
It's become routine for me to sleep from around 5-10AM. That is... if I don't end up falling back to sleep again xD
HSC 2016: EE2 | MX1 | Chemistry | Physics
GOAL 2017: Combined Advanced Science/Engineering @ UNSW

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #527 on: September 29, 2016, 04:13:27 pm »
It's become routine for me to sleep from around 5-10AM. That is... if I don't end up falling back to sleep again xD
Are you going to be screwed over for your 9AM exams

ml125

• Trailblazer
« Reply #528 on: September 29, 2016, 04:41:03 pm »
Are you going to be screwed over for your 9AM exams
...Pretty much.  8)

conic curve

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #529 on: September 29, 2016, 06:10:06 pm »
OMG I feel so bad. I say to myself things like "I will be finishing my notes by the end of today" or "I will be revising on crucial concepts that I learnt in the preliminary course" but unfortunately it doesn't happen (since I'm distracting doing other things such as youtube) and I am so frustrated. I'll think I'll have to do allnighters in order to catch up but my parents don't like it and they cut off the internet so then I can't use it when I'm supposed to be sleeping

What should I do? I've already fallen behind heaps...so yeah

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #530 on: September 29, 2016, 07:34:07 pm »
+2
OMG I feel so bad. I say to myself things like "I will be finishing my notes by the end of today" or "I will be revising on crucial concepts that I learnt in the preliminary course" but unfortunately it doesn't happen (since I'm distracting doing other things such as youtube) and I am so frustrated. I'll think I'll have to do allnighters in order to catch up but my parents don't like it and they cut off the internet so then I can't use it when I'm supposed to be sleeping

What should I do? I've already fallen behind heaps...so yeah

Don't stress! And don't pull all nighters, they aren't worth it, especially this early ;)

Have you tried an app like Self Control? You can literally block yourself from visiting Youtube for 10 hours if you want to (restarting doesn't work, you have to wait it out) :) that app is for Mac, but I'm sure there is something similar for Windows!

PS - You can't be behind when Year 12 hasn't started yet. De-stress!

Lauradf36

• Trendsetter
  • "Don't rest on your laurels. Decorate with them"
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #531 on: September 29, 2016, 10:14:00 pm »
Why is it that you're after a second creative for Extension? Just to give you more flexibility in the exam, or are you discarding your first one and starting again?

For more flexibility, yeah! My first one was the more ~nature~ side and I wanted to do the more ~political~ side. But turns out the writer's block is REALLL at this point in time!!
ATAR: 98.85

English Adv: 94
English Ext: 47/50
Ancient history: 94
Legal studies: 94
Music I: 93
Religion II: 95

karenc.

• Trailblazer
« Reply #532 on: September 29, 2016, 10:32:43 pm »
does anyone have 2 exams on 1 day for the hsc?

i do on the 20th of october

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #533 on: September 29, 2016, 10:34:59 pm »
+1

They are disgusting and rest assured that you are not alone. But you do need to plan your study out appropriately to prepare for it.

(For example every student who does music also has English paper 1 on the same day)

ssarahj

• ATAR Notes NSW MVP - 2016
  • Forum Obsessive
  • seek the full depth and height of life.
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #534 on: September 29, 2016, 10:42:45 pm »

They are disgusting and rest assured that you are not alone. But you do need to plan your study out appropriately to prepare for it.

(For example every student who does music also has English paper 1 on the same day)

Unfortunately I do too... I have English Paper 2 and Hospitality on the same day. Its fairly shit but just try and think about how good it will be to knock off two exams in one day and be two steps closer to being FINISHED  8)
HSC 2016: SOR 2, Adv. English, Ext. 1 English, Chemistry, 2U Maths, Hospitality
6th in NSW for SOR 2

ATAR: 97.00

2017: B Nutrition & Dietetics @ University of Newcastle

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #535 on: September 29, 2016, 11:47:14 pm »

Between the Music 1/Paper 1 duo, then Paper 2 the next day, my hand actually developed a small blister in the first few days of my HSC ;) then I had SOR and Extension 1 on the same day. Two duos, not pretty ;)

Karen, you'll be all sweet, just plan your study really well and make sure you have a bit of a rest in between the two! Best of luck to you (and you too Sarah) ;D you guys will smash it I am sure!

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #536 on: September 29, 2016, 11:53:51 pm »
+3
Between the Music 1/Paper 1 duo, then Paper 2 the next day, my hand actually developed a small blister in the first few days of my HSC ;) then I had SOR and Extension 1 on the same day. Two duos, not pretty ;)

Karen, you'll be all sweet, just plan your study really well and make sure you have a bit of a rest in between the two! Best of luck to you (and you too Sarah) ;D you guys will smash it I am sure!
Tru I remember that SOR/MX1 back in 2014.

Wonder how many of my classmates were mad about that one.
Unfortunately I do too... I have English Paper 2 and Hospitality on the same day. Its fairly shit but just try and think about how good it will be to knock off two exams in one day and be two steps closer to being FINISHED  8)
Soon. You'll be finished soon.

ml125

• Trailblazer
« Reply #537 on: September 30, 2016, 02:18:35 am »

I have Physics/EE1 on the same day x_x

conic curve

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #538 on: September 30, 2016, 08:30:52 am »
Don't stress! And don't pull all nighters, they aren't worth it, especially this early ;)

Have you tried an app like Self Control? You can literally block yourself from visiting Youtube for 10 hours if you want to (restarting doesn't work, you have to wait it out) :) that app is for Mac, but I'm sure there is something similar for Windows!

PS - You can't be behind when Year 12 hasn't started yet. De-stress!

I already fell behind in prelim and wasted a lot of my time  :'(

If this is done in the HSC, then I'm going to be in serious trouble

Anyways, I can't imagine having 2 exams on one day. I know for the prelim yearlies, this one dude has 3 exams on one day

karenc.

• Trailblazer
« Reply #539 on: September 30, 2016, 07:04:10 pm »
yeah true :)

it was the same for my trials, had 2 days where i had 2 exams so i'm used to it.