Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:04:38 pm

Author Topic: If you do VCE English, we've got something damn cool for you...  (Read 2368 times)  Share 

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
If you do VCE English, we've got something damn cool for you...
« on: February 22, 2016, 11:29:33 pm »
+13
Hello fellow English haters lovers :D

I’m actually pretty excited to introduce you to AN’s latest (and hopefully greatest ;)) collaborative initiative! #englishmasterrace

Welcome to AN’s Language Analysis Club, where we’re all working together weekly to become just general bosses of Language Analysis.  2015's Weekly Letter-to-the-Editor LA Practise Club has just transformed from a humble thread into its own board, complete with Lauren involved and all.

So what the hell is this?

1. Each Wednesday, I post a new thread with *something* for you to analyse.
2. You write a short analysis and post in that thread.
3. You give feedback on someone else's analysis.
4. I link your masterpieces here.

Easy.  That's it.

Check out this post for heaps more detail :)

Not sure whether to join in?  I just don't even know where to start :P

... as just a taste of what you'll get by joining in
~   Short, easy tasks without the stress of a full formal essay to massively boost your confidence and skills

~   Consistency throughout the year for huge improvement

~   Content served up to you on a silver platter, no think-work

~   Awesome free detailed feedback

~   Can develop your skills in a super targeted and effective way

~   Insta-respect boosts ;)

~   Giving feedback is an insanely valuable, time-effective way for you to study and smash English

~   You get to be helpful, collaborative, sweet, and just generally part of everything that’s awesome on AN

~   Oh yeah and, better study score, better ATAR, better course, better bragging rights, etc etc.

Basically: if you consistently write, consistently get tips on how to improve, consistently implement them, and consistently give other people feedback – it’s simply inevitable that your marks will skyrocket.  So let’s all join in so that come exam time, AN is going to massively screw up VCAA’s bell curves by absolutely smashing LA ;)

First piece will be coming THIS Wednesday, get excited because I'm super keen to see you all involved!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:31:20 pm by hopefully heidi »
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

literally lauren

• Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Resident English/Lit Nerd
  • Respect: +1423
Re: If you do VCE English, we've got something damn cool for you...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 11:41:41 pm »
+1
You’ll be getting letters, images, cartoons, bunches of comments, podcasts, occasional quirky competitions, and probably something far more evil that Lauren hasn’t broken to me yet. 
Lauren has promised to drop by occasionally to deliver you something insanely impossible, watch you cry, and then saunter away.

...nobutseriously, get involved guys; it's going to be awesome  8)