Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 12:20:04 am

Author Topic: Taking the Site Down Temporarily  (Read 1877 times)  Share 

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
Taking the Site Down Temporarily
« on: October 29, 2015, 10:22:21 pm »
+1
Hey everyone!

So, when we updated the site a few months ago, we did a test that mimicked 10,000 unique users, and it appeared as if the new server could cope with that and then some; however, as you've probably noticed, that test clearly failed, because we've been bumping over the 1,000 mark and it's giving us some issues.

I know it's very annoying to the Further Math students, because for years students have worked out the answers to Exam 1 on the forums, but in reality, the site would drop in and out as people were trying to work out the answers anyway, so there's just no point delaying the site being down. This should fix the issues for good, and for the rest of the exam period - so that's some good news.

As to how long it will be down for - I actually don't know. I'm technologically useless so can't give an estimation, and I didn't get an estimation from someone who knew what they were talking about. I'm really hoping that it's a very short-term thing, and I do expect it should be.

If you need to download notes or anything like that before your exams - do it now. I really do hope the site being down for tomorrow, and potentially for the next day or so, doesn't impact on anyone's exam preparations.

Thanks heaps, people - see you on the other side!
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

• Forum Leader
  • socratic junkie wannabe
  • Respect: +341
Re: Taking the Site Down Temporarily
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 10:40:12 pm »
+2
This might actually make me study, so I guess it's for the better!

See you guys in a day/a week/a month/2020.
2016–2018: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Neuroscience), The University of Melbourne
2019–2022: Doctor of Medicine, The University of Melbourne