Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:59:00 pm

Author Topic: what happens if you get anorexia  (Read 997 times)  Share 

Maz

• West Australian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
what happens if you get anorexia
« on: October 30, 2015, 11:10:26 pm »
hey guys
im in year 11...im not doing any 3/4 subjects
so all of the exams I'm doing will count to nothing as far as my ATAR goes...
i recently got diagnosed with anorexia (all in the name of being perfect at everything-including academic- it got a little/lot out of hand)
im 1 week out of exams, and i can't concentrate at all, like i feel as if my brain isn't processing anything
its up to the extent that my psychiatrist said that she will give me a medical certificate to not go to school at all
and I'm also fainting every now and then
 exams are coming up, but i can't seem to concentrate or even focus on anything for more than a couple of seconds
and also i feel like nothing is going inside my brain like nothing goes in...at all
my accounting teacher, gp and psychiatrist told me to just skip exams, gp and psych offered me a medical certificate
what do you think will happen if i ask the senior school manager? because of my state of mind i know i will do terrible. but the idea nvr occurred to me even as an option until my teacher suggested it. what decision do you think/know that the school will make?
thankyou so much in advance
2016: Methods | Chem | Physics | Accounting | Literature

e.m.i.l.y

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: what happens if you get anorexia
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 10:25:22 am »
+3
Hey! hope you're doing okay :(

I've actually been struggling with that myself this year but I'm in Year 12.. I ended up missing almost a term off school and was admitted to hospital twice, after a fair few emergency room visits - obviously not ideal when there's SACs and everything going on!
My advice would be to completely forget about exams for the moment - as you said, they don't count to your ATAR at all. The most important thing is to try your best to get better and start getting healthier to cope with Year 12.
I completely get where you're coming from with the lack of concentration - at my worst I could barely focus on holding a conversation with someone! You are in no way fit to be examined at the same standard as everyone else so I think it's more than fair that you sit these ones out.
My school have been really good about it this year, they let me drop a subject and were really flexible with my SACs, and I'm sure your school will be fine, especially since its just Year 11.

My ultimate advice is to just do your best to get well as soon as possible! It's so hard but trust me, you don't want this in year 12, and you don't want to end up in hospital. Take care xx
class of twenty fifteen.

Jay.C

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 05:21:19 pm »
Your health always should come before your schooling! Defiantly don't do the exams, as they don't count and it would be only detrimental to your health and mind. I just want to say, I'm sorry that you are going through this right now, it must suck a lot, but know you are never alone and you can beat this! :) Be strong, remember to ask for help and find strength from the people who surround you!
Don't worry about scores that you can't change  because there are so many more productive things you could do

Looking for customisable high school tuition that fits your needs? Or maybe you're just looking for some help with a specific concept that doesn't require frequent tuition. Component Education has something to fit all students needs! https://www.facebook.com/componenteducation/ https://www.componenteducation.com.au/

Maz

• West Australian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 12:17:10 am »
thankyou so much guys :)
your support and advice was very appreciated
i decided not to do exams as the psych suggested...so i guess I'm done year 11 now!
thankyou so much again :)
2016: Methods | Chem | Physics | Accounting | Literature