Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 04:01:15 pm

Author Topic: English Exam Today  (Read 1143 times)

rhanda10

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
English Exam Today
« on: October 26, 2016, 08:59:21 pm »
Hi guys,

I did This Boy's Life in Section A and I'm a bit worried. Looking for some reassurance/clarification...

For the last line of my conclusion, I wanted to finish with a quote. I did do this, but due to time and the lady taking my exam book from me I only got to write a bit of it...I will write what I MEANT to say below...

Ultimately, Toby is propelled further away from the boy he desperately desires to be in his "dreams of transformation, Western dreams, dreams of freedom and dominion and taciturn self-sufficiency."

And this is what I got down... (grammar and word order is exactly the same as I remember...

Ultimately (may or may not be there I can't remember), Toby is propelled further away from the boy he desperately desires to be in his "dreams of transformation, Western dreams, dreams

So on the end, I crossed out dreams but forgot to add quotation mark on the end in panicked state...

Will VCAA assessors be strict on me because I technically didn't finish the quote? But it still reads well I think so just need some opinions...maybe they will treat it as me just ending quote there and forgetting quotation mark...thoughts?

Thanks guys  :)

soldmysoulforvce

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: English Exam Today
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 05:42:32 pm »
I don't think they will be that strict unless you are like aiming for a 20/20 and I think they will just see it as end of quotations. From what i got told by my English teacher is that they mark to the criteria first then look at spelling and grammar at the very end..