Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 12:46:10 am

Author Topic: ANNOUNCING: ATAR Notes Unit 4 Lectures!  (Read 11372 times)  Share 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: ANNOUNCING: ATAR Notes Unit 4 Lectures!
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 07:52:24 pm »
+3
These lectures will be absolutely incredible. I wish they were around in 2011/12! Well done, all involved.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:24:59 am by Joseph41 »

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

qazser

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 09:30:18 pm »
+1
Multitasking Thush - 4 lectures :)

Thanks to the other lecturers for making this possible <3
AN Chat: Hop On!

2016:Methods[   ]

Pyromaniaa

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2016, 01:58:21 pm »
Can someone please help me out here? So this will be my first time attending the ATARNOTES lectures, my question is: Do they supply you with a free booklet of notes for each lecture you attend or do u need to purchase them separately?

HopefulLawStudent

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +168
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2016, 02:16:05 pm »
Assuming they haven't changed their modus operandi, you'll have to purchase them separately (Bought the Spec notes last year and they were v. good!)

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2016, 04:26:42 pm »
+3
The timetable:

✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 11:06:58 pm »
+15
Since I'm only involved in the forum side of this place, can I just offer one fkn HUGE round of applause for what ATARNotes has achieved with these lectures?  Brenden, Lauren, Thush, Jamon, Jake, Elyse and so many others... just wow. :o  Can't believe how hard you've worked.

Am I the only one that just can't believe that AN's run hell-knows-how-many 100% FREE lectures in two states?!  Like srs.  Stop and think what a game changer that is.  In this selfish and pretty discriminatory world of TSFXes and Connects and private schools and expensive notes we have this group of people selflessly stepping up three times a year to reduce educational inequality and let EVERYONE get the education they need regardless of situation and income.  Exciting, hey? :D

(okay LOL I'll shut up I'm getting too excited here -.-)

Lastly, a giant round of applause to all of the awesome AN regulars here on the forums.  Tbh AN couldn't do this without your input and inspiration, and your contributions to reducing the inequality here on the forums are pretty stunning too. :D

AN, I love ya <3
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Mellyboo

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 10:26:55 pm »
Hey I bought some Biology 3/4 notes from the lectures. Does anyone know when the missing pictures will be available? Thanks
2016 ATAR: 98.40
Successful ASPIRE applicant
Chem [44] Bio [41] HHD [41] Further [43] EAL [46] MUEP Chem [4.5] Lab skills [42]
2017-2021: Bachelor of Health Sciences in Dentistry/Master of Dentistry @ La Trobe Bendigo

skysailingaway

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 10:31:39 pm »
+4
Attending these lectures was one of the best decisions I've made this year, I love the ATARnotes community and resources.
Thank you so much, you guys are a godsend for HSC students. :D

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2016, 03:43:49 pm »
+3
Attending these lectures was one of the best decisions I've made this year, I love the ATARnotes community and resources.
Thank you so much, you guys are a godsend for HSC students. :D

I can certainly ditto this, having only attended the NSW HSC lectures though. The AN team (jake, jamon, elyse, thush, lauren, brendan, naomi and any others i may have forgot) are truly amazing!! Having only been in NSW since Jan (and hence the July lectures were only the second of their kind) I must give a huge thankyou and round of applause. My advice: Go along, this is a date you do not want to miss! Don't forget to ask questions or be afraid to answer them on the day, noone will judge you for your answer and it is perfectly okay to not understand something! (We are all human right? Well us students anyway, people like atarnotes team are like god in that i could never hope to achieve a 95+ atar doing 4u maths or english :P) Best of all, these lectures are free! There are notes (which are an absolute godsend) available for $25 which i recommend getting, however these are optional and entirely up to you. Make up your own mind about these no matter how many 'devils in the detail' adverts you have to sit through during lectures i record about 7 over my 3 lectures ;)

Ok i think i may have gotten a bit too excited there so ill stop. But seriously. Go to the lectures (and go with a friend!)

Thanks for a truly amazing experience and I hope to be around in september where you will hopefully have even more subjects!!

rant over

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 11:10:49 pm »
+1
I can certainly ditto this, having only attended the NSW HSC lectures though. The AN team (jake, jamon, elyse, thush, lauren, brendan, naomi and any others i may have forgot) are truly amazing!! Having only been in NSW since Jan (and hence the July lectures were only the second of their kind) I must give a huge thankyou and round of applause. My advice: Go along, this is a date you do not want to miss! Don't forget to ask questions or be afraid to answer them on the day, noone will judge you for your answer and it is perfectly okay to not understand something! (We are all human right? Well us students anyway, people like atarnotes team are like god in that i could never hope to achieve a 95+ atar doing 4u maths or english :P) Best of all, these lectures are free! There are notes (which are an absolute godsend) available for $25 which i recommend getting, however these are optional and entirely up to you. Make up your own mind about these no matter how many 'devils in the detail' adverts you have to sit through during lectures i record about 7 over my 3 lectures ;)

Ok i think i may have gotten a bit too excited there so ill stop. But seriously. Go to the lectures (and go with a friend!)

Thanks for a truly amazing experience and I hope to be around in september where you will hopefully have even more subjects!!

rant over

woooo! I wish you all the band 6s and happy feels in the world. Thanks for being amazing on the forums! You're the best!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 09:35:22 pm »

What subjects would you want to see?  ;D

PS - Your rant made my night  :)

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 06:26:25 pm »
I personally would love to see Senior Science but ill stop being selfish because I think many people will need a lecture on Modern History. Extension English (if you dont already do this) would also be beneficial for a lot of people, as well as an English Standard lecture (I cant believe you dont have this yet! Some people in standard still want to achieve!). If you don't have Legal or Business Studies then, they would also be popular.

Just my suggestions :D

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 09:48:11 pm »
I personally would love to see Senior Science but ill stop being selfish because I think many people will need a lecture on Modern History. Extension English (if you dont already do this) would also be beneficial for a lot of people, as well as an English Standard lecture (I cant believe you dont have this yet! Some people in standard still want to achieve!). If you don't have Legal or Business Studies then, they would also be popular.

Fortunately they do already have business studies and legal studies.

I think English standard just isn't run because they don't have enough people that into English yet. Also, you know, the stigma of band 6 in standard = rare occurrence.

Stuff like Extension 1 English would probably require another day of lectures (a day 4) because its candidature is only so average. It's not that much more than Extension 2 Maths. And I reckon it's harder to lecture because there's 9 electives (divided into three categories) which you choose to only do 1 of. If they do have a day 4, however, I can see it happening.

Modern...poke Jake? :P
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 09:50:58 pm by RuiAce »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 11:27:38 pm »

Thanks heaps for suggesting Senior Science! Not being selfish at all, if you want it, I bet HEAPS of people want it too (everyone who does Senior Science should want it, because our lectures are awesome)  ;)

Our English Advanced lecture is massively beneficial to both Advanced and Standard (Elyse did a whole section on Creative writing last week, it is very skills based), but perhaps we could look at creating some separation? Not a bad idea  :o

We've definitely considered Modern and Extension 1, you never know! Elyse did Extension 1, Jake and Elyse both did Modern, we'll see what happens  ;D