Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 01:22:18 pm

Author Topic: Subject bonus? - Monash  (Read 12100 times)  Share 

joe_557

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Subject bonus? - Monash
« on: December 14, 2016, 11:48:37 pm »
Hi guys, I'd like to do arts and monash caufield (81 atar required) and I got a 77.3 atar - VTAC says monash offers subject bonuses and I'm just wondering which subjects this includes and how much it contributes to your aggregate points.

(I got a 35 in history,English and a 31 in politics.)

fitzapie

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • aloha
Re: Subject bonus? - Monash
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 02:41:16 am »
+2
Hi guys, I'd like to do arts and monash caufield (81 atar required) and I got a 77.3 atar - VTAC says monash offers subject bonuses and I'm just wondering which subjects this includes and how much it contributes to your aggregate points.

(I got a 35 in history,English and a 31 in politics.)

Hello there,

By checking out the VTAC course search I was able to find this:

Subject Bonus : Satisfactory completion in one but no more than three of Classical Studies, Drama, Environmental Science, Geography, any History, Literature, any LOTE, Media, any Music, Philosophy, Australian Politics, Global Politics, Psychology, Religion And Society, Sociology, Theatre Studies or Texts And Traditions equals 2 aggregate points per study. Overall maximum of 6 points.

You get +4 aggregate points. Unless of course, you have completed another subject from the list - it doesn't matter what your SS is, as long as you've successfully completed the subject.

Now to figure out your adjusted ATAR, take the aggregate (which you've probably seen from results day) and add 4 (potentially 6) to it. Take this new aggregate and compare it to the AGGREGATE TO ATAR TABLE pdf found from this link: http://www.vtac.edu.au/reports/

You should easily find your adjusted ATAR and see if it passes 81.

GOOD LUCK!
VCE: English [46] Revolutions [44]

joe_557

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 02:54:35 am »
Hello there,

By checking out the VTAC course search I was able to find this:

Subject Bonus : Satisfactory completion in one but no more than three of Classical Studies, Drama, Environmental Science, Geography, any History, Literature, any LOTE, Media, any Music, Philosophy, Australian Politics, Global Politics, Psychology, Religion And Society, Sociology, Theatre Studies or Texts And Traditions equals 2 aggregate points per study. Overall maximum of 6 points.

You get +4 aggregate points. Unless of course, you have completed another subject from the list - it doesn't matter what your SS is, as long as you've successfully completed the subject.

Now to figure out your adjusted ATAR, take the aggregate (which you've probably seen from results day) and add 4 (potentially 6) to it. Take this new aggregate and compare it to the AGGREGATE TO ATAR TABLE pdf found from this link: http://www.vtac.edu.au/reports/

You should easily find your adjusted ATAR and see if it passes 81.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the reply!
It translated to about 80.1sh, 0.9 below the clearly in unfortunately.  What do you think the chances are of getting a first or second round offer?

cathiwalker

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 07:39:23 am »
+1

Thanks for the reply!
It translated to about 80.1sh, 0.9 below the clearly in unfortunately.  What do you think the chances are of getting a first or second round offer?

In 2016, 44% of those who got Round 1 offers for Arts at Monash Caulfield got below the clearly in ATAR of 81. http://www.vtac.edu.au/pdf/publications/2016-selectiondata.pdf
So I'd say that your chances are pretty good!  Depending on demand, the ATAR can drop from year to year - clearly-in is just what it says, that at this level you can definitely get in.  Doesn't mean that you can't get in with a lower ATAR, and yours is only slightly below.  Good luck!

H-Keys37

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 07:45:07 pm »
Hey ive been doing some research, if i a got an aggregate score of 141 does it get bumbed up to a 145 if i completed two earth sciences??