Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:26:24 pm

Author Topic: PAPER ONE EXAM DISCUSSION!  (Read 56196 times)

sunshinelollipops

• Adventurer
Re: PAPER ONE EXAM DISCUSSION!
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2016, 11:25:18 am »
That's true but surely they moderate marks between texts? Otherwise everyone would pick the easiest texts to study!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2016, 01:03:31 pm »
Does anyone else do Frank Hurley as their core text? I felt as though the essay q was slightly more difficult for our text (or slightly more difficult because my practice essay question was on transformative impacts...) compared with others (so I've heard)
That's true but surely they moderate marks between texts? Otherwise everyone would pick the easiest texts to study!

Indeed they do moderate marks between the questions, texts and options! ;D ;D

kwoods54

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2016, 12:43:09 am »
If you addressed it and said, "Yeah, this doesn't work for my text," and you did that well, then there will be no issues! ;D

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!! I was freaking out hahahahaha YOU'RE A LIFE SAVER!!!!!!

Acing

• Adventurer
  • School: Hogwarts
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2016, 02:36:41 pm »
Could anyone post some sample thesis statements for this essay question? Thank you :)

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2016, 05:20:07 pm »
Could anyone post some sample thesis statements for this essay question? Thank you :)

Do you mean for the overall thesis statement from the introduction, or topic sentences to paragraphs as well (if that makes sense haha)?
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

Acing

• Adventurer
  • School: Hogwarts
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2016, 07:59:55 pm »
Overall thesis statement. I just want to know what kinds of approaches people would take to tackle this question.

Thank you  ;D

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2016, 09:15:59 pm »
Overall thesis statement. I just want to know what kinds of approaches people would take to tackle this question.

Thank you  ;D

This is what mine was :)

The process of discovery encompasses the experiences of realising something new, lost or concealed. This can invoke a range of emotions for those involved in the process, often challenging long standing beliefs and ideas possessed by the individual, thus prompting a renewed world view. Composers show us the powers of discovery to transform lives emotionally and intellecutally in a variety of ways, through geographical, physical, personal and emotional discoveries, as evident within Shakespeare’s play The Tempest, which explores how the discovery of the hardships of others can influence individuals to alter and transform the way they perceive others and the world around them.

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2016, 09:20:12 pm »
This is what mine was :)

The process of discovery encompasses the experiences of realising something new, lost or concealed. This can invoke a range of emotions for those involved in the process, often challenging long standing beliefs and ideas possessed by the individual, thus prompting a renewed world view. Composers show us the powers of discovery to transform lives emotionally and intellecutally in a variety of ways, through geographical, physical, personal and emotional discoveries, as evident within Shakespeare’s play The Tempest, which explores how the discovery of the hardships of others can influence individuals to alter and transform the way they perceive others and the world around them.
You must have a really good memory

ssarahj

• ATAR Notes NSW MVP - 2016
  • Forum Obsessive
  • seek the full depth and height of life.
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2016, 09:21:46 pm »

Agreed, I definitely cannot remember what I wrote  :o
HSC 2016: SOR 2, Adv. English, Ext. 1 English, Chemistry, 2U Maths, Hospitality
6th in NSW for SOR 2

ATAR: 97.00

2017: B Nutrition & Dietetics @ University of Newcastle

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2016, 09:22:32 pm »

right!  8)

Hahaha I was just really lucky in the exam, question was super similar to one I had already prepared, just needed to slip the words intellectual and emotional into it a couple of times  ;)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 09:25:20 pm by sudodds »

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2016, 09:44:46 am »

Just to make an example of you sudodds - the second sentence here is something I really like. It's quite long, and there's a lot in there, but it is so beautifully written that it's broken up in a really digestible way. Especially the use of "thus" - it doesn't add on an extra twelve after thoughts, it just adds a simple rounding statement. An outstanding intro :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2016, 10:01:30 am »
Just to make an example of you sudodds - the second sentence here is something I really like. It's quite long, and there's a lot in there, but it is so beautifully written that it's broken up in a really digestible way. Especially the use of "thus" - it doesn't add on an extra twelve after thoughts, it just adds a simple rounding statement. An outstanding intro :)
Haha, thank you! Was only able to write this after you and Jamon read over my responses so you guys must take some of the credit haha  :)