Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 08:51:57 am

Author Topic: Monash BMed/MD ERC?  (Read 1698 times)  Share 

bananabreadbelle

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Start stong, finish stronger.
  • Respect: +2
Monash BMed/MD ERC?
« on: August 02, 2016, 12:14:37 am »
Hi fellow AN-ers!

I just wanted to clarify: is the ERC category of Monash Med specifically aimed towards rural/regional Year 12 students, as in are they given priority over metropolitan students when it comes to selection?

And is it true that there is a lower demand for, and hence easier access into the ERC course? I personally am actually a bit more keen on the ERC than the normal CSP, and it's my first pref at the moment!

Thank you so much in advance!
AB
2015: Biology [44]
2016: Literature [38] |  Chemistry [37]  |  History: Revolutions [45] |  Mathematical Methods [36]  |  Indonesian (SL) [50]       |       ATAR: [98.60]

"And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?"
-Matthew 16:26

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
Re: Monash BMed/MD ERC?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 12:35:34 am »
Hi, for your first question, on the Monash Med ERC page, it is stated that "preference is given to rural applicants".

For your second question, I have no idea, so I hope there is somebody here who can answer for you :)
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Re: Monash BMed/MD ERC?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 07:11:03 am »
It's nearly always given to rural and regional applicants. No harm in applying for it though, I do know a couple of metro applicants that managed to snare a spot. Not really a "lower demand", most people (at least anecdotally) applying for Monash put all three (CSP, CSP Bonded, and CSP ERC) into their preferences, so it doesn't really make a difference. If anything it's more competitive for you if you're not a rural or regional applicant. Just put the one you're most keen on first in your prefs, etc.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:14:29 am by pi »

bananabreadbelle

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Start stong, finish stronger.
  • Respect: +2
Monash BMed/MD ERC?
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 05:26:04 pm »
+2
Thank you so much for that, guys! :-)

Tbh was a bit unsure about my chances because didn't (still don't really) think I can get in to direct-entry med due to the sheer amount of competition.
But I've realised that I just need to do my best and whatever that is not in my control is not my stress.
:-)

^ just a point-of-reference for myself in 3-4 months when Year 12 is done.

edit: typo heh
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:29:57 pm by bananabreadbelle »
2015: Biology [44]
2016: Literature [38] |  Chemistry [37]  |  History: Revolutions [45] |  Mathematical Methods [36]  |  Indonesian (SL) [50]       |       ATAR: [98.60]

"And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?"
-Matthew 16:26