Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:32:06 am

Author Topic: What's best?  (Read 3158 times)  Share 

cute

What's best?
« on: December 22, 2013, 04:04:25 pm »
Electronic notes vs paper notes vs writing all over your chest, neck and face?
Discuss

90+FTW

Re: What's best?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 04:06:43 pm »
Paper. Awwww yisssss.

cute

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 04:08:24 pm »
Paper. Awwww yisssss.
If you don't mind explaining, why?

90+FTW

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 04:12:50 pm »
You can always lose electronic notes easier than paper notes and studies have proven that you're more likely to remember something once you've WRITTEN it, rather than once you've TYPED it.

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 06:54:58 pm »
Is there a way to make notes without writing them on your chest?

cute

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 08:06:22 pm »
Is there a way to make notes without writing them on your chest?
I've heard that carving them into your fingernails works well too.

HossRyams

• Forum Obsessive
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 08:53:15 pm »
I have dermographism and when I was diagnosed, the doctor told me I should write notes on my skin, so there's that. You don't even need a pen.
Arts & Law student @ Monash.

cute

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 10:37:16 pm »
I have dermographism and when I was diagnosed, the doctor told me I should write notes on my skin, so there's that. You don't even need a pen.

That is hella cool.
And I mean hella. How were you at Nossal and I didn't end up finding you and writing on your skin? This is utter madness.

shadows

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 10:52:24 pm »
What works for me
I write notes in class, it's a lot easier as sometimes I need to copy diagrams + teachers comments that I rush to take note of.

Then when I get home I review my notes by re-typing them onto my computer and making them neat for later referral close to tests and exams. (notes I write in class are incredibly messy and full of scribbles)

Notes on the computer are also good because you can edit it copy and paste it, it's safely backed up.

I think you should try both and see what works for you...

If you are making notes on computer use onenote or evernote, making word docs is such a hastle and you lose files quite easily, whilst everything is so in one place and easily accessible if you use an actual note taking program. (I prefer onenote but Evernote is still pretty good and its free)

HossRyams

• Forum Obsessive
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 10:58:45 pm »
That is hella cool.
And I mean hella. How were you at Nossal and I didn't end up finding you and writing on your skin? This is utter madness.

Cos' I was always hiding somewhere and studying. :P
Back on topic though, I actually types AND handwrote my notes. I would type them all in class, then edit them to finalise them, then handwrite them to consolidate my knowledge. :)
Arts & Law student @ Monash.

cute

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 11:33:38 am »
Cos' I was always hiding somewhere and studying. :P
Back on topic though, I actually types AND handwrote my notes. I would type them all in class, then edit them to finalise them, then handwrite them to consolidate my knowledge. :)

I might try this, because I'm faster at typing than handwriting so it might be more effective in class :)

What works for me
I write notes in class, it's a lot easier as sometimes I need to copy diagrams + teachers comments that I rush to take note of.

Then when I get home I review my notes by re-typing them onto my computer and making them neat for later referral close to tests and exams. (notes I write in class are incredibly messy and full of scribbles)

Notes on the computer are also good because you can edit it copy and paste it, it's safely backed up.

I think you should try both and see what works for you...

If you are making notes on computer use onenote or evernote, making word docs is such a hastle and you lose files quite easily, whilst everything is so in one place and easily accessible if you use an actual note taking program. (I prefer onenote but Evernote is still pretty good and its free)

Good ideas :) I think I used onenote this year, and it worked pretty well