Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:44:21 am

Author Topic: Confessions!! 😃  (Read 8899 times)  Share 

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
Re: Confessions!! 😃
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2016, 09:13:50 pm »
lol must've been a pain ahaha
One of those things you cringe at when it happens but then you can laugh at it later :D

conic curve

• Forum Leader
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2016, 09:15:52 pm »
My first year of math had some pretty substantial overlap with MX2, but there was new stuff too. So partially true for me at least  ;D

Not really, I didn't know it existed back when I did the HSC, I found it soon after starting uni :)

Did it cover all 8 topics of MX2 in the HSC?

So you used this site as a source to help others, rather than using it to your benefit?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2016, 09:29:58 pm »
Did it cover all 8 topics of MX2 in the HSC?

So you used this site as a source to help others, rather than using it to your benefit?

Nah, integration techniques and complex numbers primarily, I'd wager a lot of it wasn't touched  ;D

Pretty much!  ;D

conic curve

• Forum Leader
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2016, 09:38:28 pm »
Nah, integration techniques and complex numbers primarily, I'd wager a lot of it wasn't touched  ;D

Pretty much!  ;D

So no graphs/curve sketching, conics, polynomials, volumes, mechanics or "harder MX1"?

I had this really weird and amusing thought that if one day, if I went to a lecture, I would get your autograph as well as Elyse's and Jake's  ;D

Anyways, how come the NSW sector of ATARNOTES isn't dedicated for Uni students. I mean if uni students have questions they're struggling with, another person can come by and help them, can't they

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2016, 10:13:56 pm »
So no graphs/curve sketching, conics, polynomials, volumes, mechanics or "harder MX1"?

I had this really weird and amusing thought that if one day, if I went to a lecture, I would get your autograph as well as Elyse's and Jake's  ;D

Anyways, how come the NSW sector of ATARNOTES isn't dedicated for Uni students. I mean if uni students have questions they're struggling with, another person can come by and help them, can't they

Graphs/curve sketching yes but not all of it, harder MX1 absolutely, and probably a bit of the polynomials stuff, the rest, nope!  ;D

Very true, I'd hope that now that NSW ATAR Notes is more popular that the uni boards will be more popular next year  :)

conic curve

• Forum Leader
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2016, 10:56:37 pm »
Graphs/curve sketching yes but not all of it, harder MX1 absolutely, and probably a bit of the polynomials stuff, the rest, nope!  ;D

Very true, I'd hope that now that NSW ATAR Notes is more popular that the uni boards will be more popular next year  :)

Damm, that's why it's better if you did MX2 in year 12. Why didn't you seize the opportunity to do so Jamon?

I guess it's not popular enough. Another reason why uni students can't really use it to their advantage. :'(

Swagadaktal

• SwagLordOfAN
  • Forum Leader
  • djkhaled305 is the key to success
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2016, 11:10:28 pm »
Why didn't you seize the opportunity to do so Jamon?

Damn can't wait for this juicy confession   8)
Fuck you english your eyebrows aren't even good
Why walk when you can stand on the shoulders of giants?

abeybaby

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • School: Scotch College
  • School Grad Year: 2010
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2016, 11:44:01 pm »
Confession: Ok so one day in HSC chemistry, we were trying to do anion and cation tests. I was cleaning up the test tube with the DI water but I stuck the pipe too far in. When I let go of the bottle, the pipe sucked in a ton of permanganate ions and the liquid instantly turned bright pink.

I totally thought you just said "pomegranate ions". I was wondering to myself what they were and then you said it turned bright pink so I thought it all made sense. Then I realised that I am stupid.

Smarter VCE Lectures and Resources

2014-2017: Doctor of Medicine, University of Sydney.
2011-2013: Bachelor of Biomedicine, University of Melbourne. 2010 ATAR: 99.85

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2016, 12:18:33 am »
Damm, that's why it's better if you did MX2 in year 12. Why didn't you seize the opportunity to do so Jamon?

Looking back, I do regret not doing it. My school doesn't have MX2 classes, so if I took the course, I would have had to have made special arrangements for tutoring sessions with my teacher. I totally could have, and wish I did, but at the time I had 12 units I really enjoyed, I saw no reason to break what wasn't broken  ;D

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2016, 12:24:58 am »
I totally thought you just said "pomegranate ions". I was wondering to myself what they were and then you said it turned bright pink so I thought it all made sense. Then I realised that I am stupid.
Are you hungry lol

conic curve

• Forum Leader
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2016, 10:57:42 am »
Looking back, I do regret not doing it. My school doesn't have MX2 classes, so if I took the course, I would have had to have made special arrangements for tutoring sessions with my teacher. I totally could have, and wish I did, but at the time I had 12 units I really enjoyed, I saw no reason to break what wasn't broken  ;D

Maybe you could've studied the course externally through outside tutor, TAFE or distance education (I believe these are the 3 methods to doing extension maths externally if for any reason your school doesn't permit you, there is a timetable clash, or if the classes are full and there is no space for you to enter the class, although you do need permission from your school principal in order to study a course externally)

But yeah in the end you did well so really, that's all that matters (and you got into your desired course)

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2016, 11:09:22 am »
Maybe you could've studied the course externally through outside tutor, TAFE or distance education (I believe these are the 3 methods to doing extension maths externally if for any reason your school doesn't permit you, there is a timetable clash, or if the classes are full and there is no space for you to enter the class, although you do need permission from your school principal in order to study a course externally)

But yeah in the end you did well so really, that's all that matters (and you got into your desired course)
They are but they're more money unnecessarily spent as well. Cost VS Benefit

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2016, 11:39:40 am »

Precisely. I could have studied it at school! But I was travelling well, at the time I didn't think it beneficial. In hindsight, it would have been, but then I have no idea what I would have dropped anyway, so no dramas  ;D

conic curve

• Forum Leader
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2016, 12:06:44 pm »

But if you're that desperate for it and there is no other way to study the course in school then yeah, you'll have to do it out of school.

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2016, 02:12:20 pm »
But if you're that desperate for it and there is no other way to study the course in school then yeah, you'll have to do it out of school.
Why would you even be that desperate?