Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 05:20:09 pm

Author Topic: Confessions!! 😃  (Read 8934 times)  Share 

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
Re: Confessions!! 😃
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 05:19:39 pm »
Then are you telling me all the people with the title "national moderator" (or whatever it says) eg heidiii are not actually moderators? Im so confused   :o :o

No no they are!! All the other National Moderators are from Victoria though, we are the only three from NSW!

Not that it matters where we are from, but Jake/Elyse and I don't spend much time in the Victorian forums because we are busy in the HSC section. There are more moderators from Victoria than NSW because their user base is larger  ;D

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 05:22:04 pm »
Wow good job guys!! Carrying the team :D

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 06:08:01 pm »
Confession: Ok so one day in HSC chemistry, we were trying to do anion and cation tests. I was cleaning up the test tube with the DI water but I stuck the pipe too far in. When I let go of the bottle, the pipe sucked in a ton of permanganate ions and the liquid instantly turned bright pink.

conic curve

• Forum Leader
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 06:08:17 pm »
No no they are!! All the other National Moderators are from Victoria though, we are the only three from NSW!

Not that it matters where we are from, but Jake/Elyse and I don't spend much time in the Victorian forums because we are busy in the HSC section. There are more moderators from Victoria than NSW because their user base is larger  ;D

If only there was more people on ATARnotes in the NSW sections. Invite everyone you know to join ATARnotes hence it'll be bigger and better and we'll get all the help we'll need

Anyways, how did you guys become moderators (if you don't feel comfortable answering this question due to privacy reasons, you don't need to)?

Also why did ATARnotes spread to NSW?

Swagadaktal

• SwagLordOfAN
  • Forum Leader
  • djkhaled305 is the key to success
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 06:11:58 pm »
Up until now, reading this post, I legitimately thought it was 'Jakes I love'. oops  :o sorry
No I knew it was "Jake Is Love" But i Intentionally regarded it as Jake I Love because I do love Jake ;)
Fuck you english your eyebrows aren't even good
Why walk when you can stand on the shoulders of giants?

HopefulLawStudent

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 06:15:46 pm »

Cos it's Part B of heidi's plan for world domination. Duh. :P

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 06:22:25 pm »
If only there was more people on ATARnotes in the NSW sections. Invite everyone you know to join ATARnotes hence it'll be bigger and better and we'll get all the help we'll need

Anyways, how did you guys become moderators (if you don't feel comfortable answering this question due to privacy reasons, you don't need to)?

I've been around ATAR Notes NSW for ages, writing out helpful articles and stuff, since before the first lectures. I'm kind of like the senior citizen, moderator status came with that  ;)

The site's always been open to NSW students, but it got a whole lot busier after the first set of free lectures in January. So I suppose that is the "spread" you refer to  ;)

Cos it's Part B of heidi's plan for world domination. Duh. :P

I may or may not be her second in command  ;)

conic curve

• Forum Leader
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 07:49:02 pm »
I've been around ATAR Notes NSW for ages, writing out helpful articles and stuff, since before the first lectures. I'm kind of like the senior citizen, moderator status came with that  ;)

The site's always been open to NSW students, but it got a whole lot busier after the first set of free lectures in January. So I suppose that is the "spread" you refer to  ;)

I may or may not be her second in command  ;)

SO you were selected to be one?

Was ATARNOTES popular back in your day Jamon?

jakesilove

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Synergising your ATAR potential"
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2016, 07:55:36 pm »
No I knew it was "Jake Is Love" But i Intentionally regarded it as Jake I Love because I do love Jake ;)

Awwwww matey, I don't know what to say! Love you too cuz xoxo
ATAR: 99.80

Mathematics Extension 2: 93
Physics: 93
Chemistry: 93
Modern History: 94
English Advanced: 95
Mathematics: 96
Mathematics Extension 1: 98

Studying a combined Advanced Science/Law degree at UNSW

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 08:05:32 pm »
Confession: Ok so one day in HSC chemistry, we were trying to do anion and cation tests. I was cleaning up the test tube with the DI water but I stuck the pipe too far in. When I let go of the bottle, the pipe sucked in a ton of permanganate ions and the liquid instantly turned bright pink.
Not as bad as spilling hydrochloric acid (3 moles) on a hotplate which was supposed to be "quietly heating beakers". Made one hell of a sizzle and the teacher almost hit the roof. By the time we had mopped it down (which I confess to trying to use paper towel to wipe it down while it was still on- so now we had burnt on paper towel on there as well) the acid had eaten through some parts of the metal hotplate. But i tell you this, trying to wipe a hydrochloric acid is like trying to wipe up a smashed egg or shampoo. It just spreads lol
Year 11 Chemistry- didn't use hotplates the rest of the year  ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2016, 08:13:16 pm »
SO you were selected to be one?

Was ATARNOTES popular back in your day Jamon?

No where near as popular as it is now, that's for sure ;D

conic curve

• Forum Leader
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2016, 08:47:19 pm »
Not as bad as spilling hydrochloric acid (3 moles) on a hotplate which was supposed to be "quietly heating beakers". Made one hell of a sizzle and the teacher almost hit the roof. By the time we had mopped it down (which I confess to trying to use paper towel to wipe it down while it was still on- so now we had burnt on paper towel on there as well) the acid had eaten through some parts of the metal hotplate. But i tell you this, trying to wipe a hydrochloric acid is like trying to wipe up a smashed egg or shampoo. It just spreads lol
Year 11 Chemistry- didn't use hotplates the rest of the year  ;D

lol I would've felt bad for you. Just curious but how do teachers at certain schools react to to equipment breaking in labs, like I mean do they get mad or do they just say "accidents happen", etc?

Also to all you first year uni students (that are currently studying advanced maths), is it true that you learn MX2 in your first year of uni?

Jamon, did you use this site for academic help (like a lot)? What was the free essay marking service like back in your day of Atarnotes?

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2016, 09:01:25 pm »
Well my teacher pulled me outside and basically gave me the 'im not angry, im just disappointed' speech (yep, you know the one :p) and then preceded to tell me how much the equipment wouldve cost to replace had they not been covered blah blah blah etc etc etc

conic curve

• Forum Leader
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2016, 09:05:15 pm »
Well my teacher pulled me outside and basically gave me the 'im not angry, im just disappointed' speech (yep, you know the one :p) and then preceded to tell me how much the equipment wouldve cost to replace had they not been covered blah blah blah etc etc etc

lol must've been a pain ahaha

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2016, 09:05:55 pm »
lol I would've felt bad for you. Just curious but how do teachers at certain schools react to to equipment breaking in labs, like I mean do they get mad or do they just say "accidents happen", etc?

Also to all you first year uni students (that are currently studying advanced maths), is it true that you learn MX2 in your first year of uni?

Jamon, did you use this site for academic help (like a lot)? What was the free essay marking service like back in your day of Atarnotes?

My first year of math had some pretty substantial overlap with MX2, but there was new stuff too. So partially true for me at least  ;D

Not really, I didn't know it existed back when I did the HSC, I found it soon after starting uni :)