Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 12:07:23 pm

Author Topic: Studies of Religion 1 and 2 Exam Discussion! (Multiple Choice Answers here)  (Read 19360 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
That's SOR done and dusted!

We'll be uploading our thoughts on the exam, a copy of the paper, and some suggested answer guidelines very soon, but in the meantime lets hear your thoughts! How was the exam? MC easy or hard? Could you respond to the essay question? Sound off below! ;D

Multiple Choice Answers

One Unit
1. C (this was a tricky one - I think it might have thrown some people. Sooo sneaky)
2. D
3. B
4. A
5. C - This was a really interesting question! I think the answer is C.
6. A - The Salvation Army is a Christian denomination.
7. D - another tricky one.
8. A - but not going to lie. Statement A: What the hell is that even saying? Very ambiguous. The answer is A, I believe. Both statements are correct.
9. B. (Think: Pentecostalism)
10. D.

My thoughts on the rest of the 1 unit paper? Preeeeetty good! This seemed like a great paper in my opinion. They weren't asking for anything extremely complicated in the responses. I was slightly anticipating the extended response to ask you to combine ethics, person and practice, but, they didn't!!

I think the Islam questions were all really nice! What did you guys select?

Two Unit
Q12: B - Pentecostalism
Q13: B
Q14: A
Q15: C
Q16: A
Q17: C
Q18: B
Q19: D
Q20: A
Q21: D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 03:15:50 pm by elysepopplewell »

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
Re: Studies of Religion 1 and 2 Exam Discussion!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 12:25:13 pm »
Here are the multiple choice answers for One Unit:
1. C (this was a tricky one - I think it might have thrown some people. Sooo sneaky)
2. D
3. B
4. A
5. This was a really interesting question! I think the answer is C.
6. A -The Salvation Army is a Christian denomination.
7. Tricky one again. The answer is D.
8. Not going to lie. Statement A: What the hell is that even saying? Very ambiguous. The answer is A, I believe. Both statements are correct.
9. B. (Think: Pentecostalism)
10. D.

My thoughts on the rest of the 1 unit paper? Preeeeetty good! This seemed like a great paper in my opinion. They weren't asking for anything extremely complicated in the responses. I was slightly anticipating the extended response to ask you to combine ethics, person and practice, but, they didn't!!

I think the Islam questions were all really nice! What did you guys select?

Multiple choice answers for 2 unit:
Q12: B - Pentecostalism
Q13: B
Q14: A
Q15: C
Q16: A
Q17: C
Q18: B
Q19: D
Q20: A
Q21: D

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 03:15:33 pm by elysepopplewell »
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

pikachu975

• Forum Obsessive
  • Stars and Bars
What did people get for q8? I wrote A but not sure. Pretty weird how they specified ethics for Christianity after having it two years ago but it was unexpected.

Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.
Send me a message if interested!

2016 HSC (Accelerated):
// 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //

2017 HSC:
// English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //

Goal: 99.9

albert_c

• Fresh Poster
Is the paper up by any chance?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
Not too sure (not definitely sure) about it but they might not be allowed to upload it just yet, cause SOR2 and SOR1 have the same questions.

Otherwise it's just a delay

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend

It'll be up shortly!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
What did people get for q8? I wrote A but not sure. Pretty weird how they specified ethics for Christianity after having it two years ago but it was unexpected.

Here's my reasoning for selecting A for question 8:
Statement One: Ambiguous, but, due to the oral nature of the tradition, yes, stories can and may change. So the statement is true.
Statement Two: Ceremonial life is practiced differently pre and post dispossession. Now access to Sacred Sites is limited, kinship groups are not in full tact, etc. For this reason, I believe the statement is true that the ceremonies are practiced differently now.

So I agree with you that 8 is the correct answer :)

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
Studies of Religion 1 and 2 Exam Discussion! (Multiple Choice Answers here)
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 01:07:26 pm »
Gotta say, yeah Statement A of Q8 was confusing. But I can see why it would be correct.

Q9 was the multiple choice I couldn't get out and I had to look here to think Pentecostalism. Everything else I got the same as Elyse

(This is for SOR1 that is)

Bparker

• Trailblazer
  • School: Marian
  • School Grad Year: 2016
I found the paper on the whole to be really good actually! The only question which confused me was Q8 in MC, I said the first statement was true and the second one was false, but looking at your reasoning I think I may have gotten that wrong - oh well!

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
OMG yesssssssssssss that was an amazing paper!! #SOMUCHSTIM
Wow, almost every question had a stimulus!!

-SOR I AND II COMMON STUFF-
That Christianity essay on Ethics (i did bioethics) was the best question ever!!!!!! I wrote 5 1/2 pages for it and could've rambled on all day! Couldnt be happier!!

Q11 was actually such a blessing, easy to use nice long quote and land rights movement = 👍🏼 one happy me! Multichoice was hard though... Think i got the majority of them but they were challenging.

Also - the contribution/impact question for Maimonides was great. Synagogue services (8 mkr) I stuffed up, forgot the question, mainly description..

And I couldn't believe it. Islam sig person - Rabi'a worked so well!!!! And I love hajj so that was good to get a 2 and 5 mkr on it!

-SOR II EXCLUSIVE STUFF-
Section IV- Religion and Peace: 2 traditions, peace today. Probably my worst part of the paper only 3.5 pages written, made some good points but I dont think it was good enough, forgot initiatives so I chucked them in at the last minute.. Okay but not great here

Q22- This stumped me for a while, but i figured it out.  I still managed to infer my knowledge though "social transformation between religions" wasn't really well addressed. Only talked about Christianity and then basically 2 lines of judaism at the end. Great stimulus though.

Q12-21 Hard multichoice, but still doable. Maybe they were hard because i left them until last and i was brain dead but I am really unsure about this. I ANSWERED 10 QUESTIONS AND DID NOT GET A SINGLE D.

On the whole, very happy with it though!! My main gripes were SOR II content, so 1 units must have been so blessed!!

Lauradf36

• Trendsetter
  • "Don't rest on your laurels. Decorate with them"
All the stimulus kind of threw me tbh. And Q22 for 2 unit - social transformation upholds traditions? Whaaaa??
ATAR: 98.85

English Adv: 94
English Ext: 47/50
Ancient history: 94
Legal studies: 94
Music I: 93
Religion II: 95

grace1706

• Fresh Poster
LOVED the 1 unit paper, when I saw that the Section III Christianity question was ethics (I did bioethics) I nearly started cheering, I would have been lost if it had been significant practices! Some of the multiple choice had me a bit ehhh  ??? (pretty sure I got Q8 wrong but I understand your reasoning for it) but overall I was actually pretty happy, praying society and culture tomorrow goes the same way  :'(

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
LOVED the 1 unit paper, when I saw that the Section III Christianity question was ethics (I did bioethics) I nearly started cheering, I would have been lost if it had been significant practices! Some of the multiple choice had me a bit ehhh  ??? (pretty sure I got Q8 wrong but I understand your reasoning for it) but overall I was actually pretty happy, praying society and culture tomorrow goes the same way  :'(

Welcome to the forums Grace! Sound like you smashed it, well done and good luck for tomorrow! ;D

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
OMG yesssssssssssss that was an amazing paper!! #SOMUCHSTIM
Wow, almost every question had a stimulus!!

-SOR I AND II COMMON STUFF-
That Christianity essay on Ethics (i did bioethics) was the best question ever!!!!!! I wrote 5 1/2 pages for it and could've rambled on all day! Couldnt be happier!!

Q11 was actually such a blessing, easy to use nice long quote and land rights movement = 👍🏼 one happy me! Multichoice was hard though... Think i got the majority of them but they were challenging.

Also - the contribution/impact question for Maimonides was great. Synagogue services (8 mkr) I stuffed up, forgot the question, mainly description..

And I couldn't believe it. Islam sig person - Rabi'a worked so well!!!! And I love hajj so that was good to get a 2 and 5 mkr on it!

Yesssss sooo much stimulus! I think the SOR 1 unit paper was good, and easier than the two unit one :)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
Can u pls explain 21 ? Isnt poland a mainly christians

I've adjusted my response - I read the question wrong! I believe the answer is D (now that I've read it correctly lol). Did you get the same?
Poland is nearly entirely Christian, Thailand is 95% (or something close to that) Buddhist, Egypt is majority Muslim and India is majority Hinduism :)