Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:11:20 am

Author Topic: HSC Business Studies Exam - Potential Answers and Discussion!  (Read 33816 times)

Paigeyy

• Adventurer
  • School: Hastings Secondary College Westport Campus
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Re: HSC Business Studies Exam - Potential Answers and Discussion!
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2016, 05:00:19 pm »
Anyone have explanations for 3?

Also I got the question about stealing wrong because I somehow interpreted it as 'the person who was apparently stealing got fired'. Oops lol.

Gonna go drown in my sorrows now brb

ethrax

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2016, 05:02:38 pm »
Anyone know if it's still possible for me to get a 16 without a case study in the extended response?

Klexos

• Forum Regular
  • Exceeding limitations
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2016, 05:06:07 pm »
Anyone know if it's still possible for me to get a 16 without a case study in the extended response?

Yes it is. 16/MAYBE 17 out of 20 is usually max for a good essay without a case study.
2015 HSC: Business Studies

2016 HSC: English Advanced  l  Mathematics  l Mathematics Extension 1  l  Economics  l  Physics

ethrax

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2016, 05:08:07 pm »
Really? So even if I don't identify a case study at all, I could get that? (this is for the extended and not the business report)

isaacdelatorre

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2016, 05:09:21 pm »
Anyone have explanations for 3?

Also I got the question about stealing wrong because I somehow interpreted it as 'the person who was apparently stealing got fired'. Oops lol.

Gonna go drown in my sorrows now brb

Hey there,

For question 3; what customer's think of the business' website is an external threat which can be turned into an opportunity. The website itself is an internal weakness. This most likely would have been considered when conducting a situational analysis of the business as this step enables the business to see it's position in the market and give it direction for future action.

The stealing question was very funny, I was so confused as well as I thought the person stealing was fired. Poor Ruth, she snitched and got fired; I guess the business is now Ruth-less :P

I wouldn't worry too much, definitely drown your sorrows and vent with something; I bought some cookies and some bubble tea :D but don't stress too much, I'm sure you did fine :)
Soz for the terrible pun, Hope this helps
HSC 2016:   ATAR: 99+
Mathematics - 97    Economics - 96     Legal Studies - 95     Advanced English - 91    Business Studies - 95

2017: B Commerce/B Law @ UNSW  

olivercutbill

• Forum Regular
  • Monetary Policy is... an art not a science
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2016, 05:09:24 pm »
Did anyone notice that if the GPR is 30% and the expense ratio is 60%, they are making a 30% loss?

2016 ATAR: 93.05

Paigeyy

• Adventurer
  • School: Hastings Secondary College Westport Campus
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2016, 05:18:03 pm »
Hey there,

For question 3; what customer's think of the business' website is an external threat which can be turned into an opportunity. The website itself is an internal weakness. This most likely would have been considered when conducting a situational analysis of the business as this step enables the business to see it's position in the market and give it direction for future action.

The stealing question was very funny, I was so confused as well as I thought the person stealing was fired. Poor Ruth, she snitched and got fired; I guess the business is now Ruth-less :P

I wouldn't worry too much, definitely drown your sorrows and vent with something; I bought some cookies and some bubble tea :D but don't stress too much, I'm sure you did fine :)
Soz for the terrible pun, Hope this helps

Ahhh I see. I assumed it was part of marketing strategies because of emarketing, the advertising and the whole physical evidence thing. Understandable though.

Tbh that pun alone should get you a band 6 😂

isaacdelatorre

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2016, 05:23:40 pm »
Really? So even if I don't identify a case study at all, I could get that? (this is for the extended and not the business report)

Hey there, when looking at the marking criteria it is important to look at all the dot points and see what is worth the most. Obviously the most important thing is to answer the question and the least important is your logical coherent structure etc. However, if you have an A range response in terms of your content, business terminology, communication skills and structure but didn't refer to a case study then it sort of balances out. One of the senior markers I talked to said that it is quite common for students to forget to use a case study in the HSC but he has seen may get a 17 if the rest of it fulfils the marking criteria

I'm sure you smashed it, good luck :)
HSC 2016:   ATAR: 99+
Mathematics - 97    Economics - 96     Legal Studies - 95     Advanced English - 91    Business Studies - 95

2017: B Commerce/B Law @ UNSW  

kawther

• Trailblazer
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2016, 05:54:50 pm »
Multiple choice was the hardest for me, especially the ones about the legislations/laws, DID NOT SEE THAT COMING but the business report made for it, can not believe that i had to sit a mother exam 1 hr later... BUT ITS ALL OVER GUYS I HAVE FINISHED, feels great to come home and not study ;D Good luck to everyone not yet finished! All the best  :)

ethrax

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2016, 06:10:10 pm »
Hey there, when looking at the marking criteria it is important to look at all the dot points and see what is worth the most. Obviously the most important thing is to answer the question and the least important is your logical coherent structure etc. However, if you have an A range response in terms of your content, business terminology, communication skills and structure but didn't refer to a case study then it sort of balances out. One of the senior markers I talked to said that it is quite common for students to forget to use a case study in the HSC but he has seen may get a 17 if the rest of it fulfils the marking criteria

I'm sure you smashed it, good luck :)

Thank you so much :)

abuzama

• Fresh Poster
  • School: AIA
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2016, 07:20:51 pm »
7 is D.

antonia_98

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Bethany
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2016, 08:33:31 pm »
Hey,

Just wondering what raw mark you would need to get for it to scale into the 90's?

And also, I don't understand why 7 is A. Doesn't economic influences affect the whole economy, whereas sociocultural refers to an individual's personal status in society, which is based on their income and education levels, etc...

olivercutbill

• Forum Regular
  • Monetary Policy is... an art not a science
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2016, 09:45:39 pm »
Hey,

Just wondering what raw mark you would need to get for it to scale into the 90's?

And also, I don't understand why 7 is A. Doesn't economic influences affect the whole economy, whereas sociocultural refers to an individual's personal status in society, which is based on their income and education levels, etc...

7 is D.

This is a confusion between sociocultural and socioeconomic
2016 ATAR: 93.05

djfuzwa

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2016, 09:51:45 pm »
What is the maximum mark I can get in the operations essay if I only wrote an introduction, a globalisation paragraph, a small technology paragraph, and a 2 line conclusion? In total it was 2.5 pages but it was high quality and I used my case study, just ran out of time.

seraphim123

• Fresh Poster
  • School: burwood public school
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2016, 09:45:12 pm »
Hey giys does anyone have essay answers and the short ansers for the business exam,i already saw the multiple answers but what about the rest of the exam ?can someone help?