Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 09:50:23 pm

Author Topic: Senior Science lecture???  (Read 3034 times)  Share 

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
Senior Science lecture???
« on: July 14, 2016, 02:43:29 pm »
Hi everyone im new to this so don't hate  ;D

Although my HSC is this October and so would not benefit me, I think atarnotes should seriously consider adding Senior Science to their list of lectures. While there is much overlap to subjects I have already completed or studying (Year 11 Chemistry, HSC Biology and more) I personally believe there is a need for this as it would be a good revision for all sciences as well as Senior Science.

What do you say?

jakesilove

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Synergising your ATAR potential"
Re: Senior Science lecture???
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 02:50:01 pm »

Although my HSC is this October and so would not benefit me, I think atarnotes should seriously consider adding Senior Science to their list of lectures. While there is much overlap to subjects I have already completed or studying (Year 11 Chemistry, HSC Biology and more) I personally believe there is a need for this as it would be a good revision for all sciences as well as Senior Science.

What do you say?

Hey!

Atar Notes is brand new in NSW, having started our lectures in January of 2016. Since then, we've nearly doubled the number of lectures we run, and we definitely plan to keep expanding the list of subjects we cover. The idea is to give students access to the educational tools they need, and so all of the subjects are definitely on our list! Will absolutely consider Senior Science :)

Jake
ATAR: 99.80

Mathematics Extension 2: 93
Physics: 93
Chemistry: 93
Modern History: 94
English Advanced: 95
Mathematics: 96
Mathematics Extension 1: 98

Studying a combined Advanced Science/Law degree at UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 02:50:43 pm »

What do you say?

Hey there study buddy! Thanks for the suggestion!! Ditto with Jake, we're always considering new additions to the lineup as we continue to grow, so we'll absolutely keep it in mind  ;D

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 02:55:29 pm »
Did you just start in January? As in, the January lectures this year were the first ones ever that you did? Had no idea atarnotes was so young! And the notes i bought at the lectures just gone were lifesaving! More people should know about this (or maybe they shouldn't because i like the advantage ;) ) because only 2 people knew about the lectures in a class of 30 as they had seen it advertised.

Best of luck for the future :D

jakesilove

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Synergising your ATAR potential"
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 02:57:18 pm »
Did you just start in January? As in, the January lectures this year were the first ones ever that you did? Had no idea atarnotes was so young! And the notes i bought at the lectures just gone were lifesaving! More people should know about this (or maybe they shouldn't because i like the advantage ;) ) because only 2 people knew about the lectures in a class of 30 as they had seen it advertised.

Best of luck for the future :D

First time in NSW, yes, but going strong for a while now down in Victoria! Glad that the lectures were helpful, and that the notes have been useful to you. Definitely tell your friends, and year 11s, because honestly you will benefit as Atar Notes grows, and as the Forums grow. Looking forward to seeing you around the forum more!

Jake
ATAR: 99.80

Mathematics Extension 2: 93
Physics: 93
Chemistry: 93
Modern History: 94
English Advanced: 95
Mathematics: 96
Mathematics Extension 1: 98

Studying a combined Advanced Science/Law degree at UNSW

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 02:59:44 pm »
I'll definitely be telling the year 11's but maybe not my peers/competitors until after the HSC  ;D ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 03:02:00 pm »
I'll definitely be telling the year 11's but maybe not my peers/competitors until after the HSC  ;D ;D

Ahaha I love it  ;)

Tell everyone though, we would love you forever and ever and ever if you did  ;D plus, you want your school cohort to do well to bump you up in the HSC, if your friends in your subjects do well that helps you in the HSC!! Community is key  ;)

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 03:02:09 pm »
Just keep in mind that most of the time a lecture's quality is enhanced by first hand experience of the course. In English (instead of science), this means that if they actually did the course, they would probably know the content and tips/tricks better to deliver a more effective and profound lecture.

So far nobody that has previously done senior science is on the forums, and able to provide for this service. You may want to keep that thought.

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 03:04:44 pm »
Yeah this should definitely turn into a "Help Me do well at Senior" thread because like all sciences they are loads of dot points to remember and people get confused between sciency terms me included :D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 03:06:29 pm »
Yeah this should definitely turn into a "Help Me do well at Senior" thread because like all sciences they are loads of dot points to remember and people get confused between sciency terms me included :D

I like the idea! I started a sticky discussion thread here for that purpose!!  ;D

kmorritt

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 01:40:06 pm »
Hi, are you doing any senior science lectures in the septemeber school holidays?

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 01:42:34 pm »
Hi, are you doing any senior science lectures in the septemeber school holidays?
Not this September unfortunately :( - it's something we're looking at for next year!
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️