Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 07:22:43 pm

Author Topic: Unit 1/2 VS Unit 3/4  (Read 2343 times)  Share 

imaginayres

Unit 1/2 VS Unit 3/4
« on: September 27, 2016, 01:01:25 pm »
Hey I was just wondering how relevant or different is Unit 1/2 to Unit 3/4?

I'm only asking this because my teacher has been on hiatus for more than half a year. They weren't there for more than half of Unit 1 and Unit 2, and my school doesn't really hire replacement teachers. Most of my classmates are pretty clueless about the majority of the assessments we do because we haven't been taught much, especially since we missed out on most of the metalanguage introduced in Unit 1.

So considering this, how much would I need to catch up / learn over the next few months before I do Unit 3/4?

Thanks in advance :)

MB_

• MOTM: MAR 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Unspecified and mysterious
  • Respect: +60
Re: Unit 1/2 VS Unit 3/4
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 11:57:30 am »
+1
Hey I was just wondering how relevant or different is Unit 1/2 to Unit 3/4?

I'm only asking this because my teacher has been on hiatus for more than half a year. They weren't there for more than half of Unit 1 and Unit 2, and my school doesn't really hire replacement teachers. Most of my classmates are pretty clueless about the majority of the assessments we do because we haven't been taught much, especially since we missed out on most of the metalanguage introduced in Unit 1.

So considering this, how much would I need to catch up / learn over the next few months before I do Unit 3/4?

Thanks in advance :)

Hey there, a lot of the content learnt in Units 1 and 2 is quite irrelevant. However, you need to know your metalanguage. Here is the list you should get yourself familiar with for Units 3 and 4 as metalanguage forms the basis of 2 of the 3 parts of the exam.

I would also recommend taking a look at a past exam to see the format of it and start looking at how to write and structure an analytical commentary.

I hope this helps!
2015-16: VCE
2017-: BSci UoM - Maths & Psych