Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:42:41 pm

Author Topic: Global Politics or Sociology?  (Read 1522 times)  Share 

dsabeta

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Global Politics or Sociology?
« on: August 21, 2016, 03:00:34 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in Year 10 and our subject selection is coming up very soon.

I have already decided 5 of my subjects for Year 11 and they are:
1. English
2. Business Management (3&4) - I'm actually taking Psychology (1&2) this year however I'm dropping it next year for Business
3. Literature
4. History
5. Legal Studies

At the beginning of the year, I was very positive of doing global politics. However when I went to the subject expo, I was very undecided. The people I have asked about it all have very mixed feelings about the subject. There are some advantages to global (goes hand in hand with legal, will be great for me since I want to do law) and there are disadvantages (the textbook is only 20%, you'll need an example from 2000 onwards ready for every sac, lots of research, etc.) The fact that I will need to remember heaps of random examples and be ready to pull one out in my sac scares me a lot. Like what if I don't remember the example? What if its not accurate? What if all the examples I remembered aren't even relevant to the sac questions? I'm very torn and don't know what to do.

As for sociology, I'm just keeping that as a sort of backup. I've never really shown any interest in it and if anything I've been trying to avoid it. A lot of people have told me that it is like psychology but more historical which I don't like since I'm trying to avoid psychology at all costs (stressed me out a lot this year and I've been getting 60%-75% the whole year despite studying so hard and trying different methods).

In summary, I just don't know whether to do Global Politics next year or Sociology? A quick add in is that I am NOT planning on doing any kind of maths or science such as chem, bio, etc.

Is global really worth taking? Is it really as big of a headache as it seems?

Regards.
2017: Psychology |
2018: English | BusMan | Legal | HHD |  Revolutions |
2019: Bachelor of Law/Criminology @ LaTrobe