Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 01:58:50 am

Author Topic: Need advice.  (Read 1238 times)  Share 

EmilyRoseLamb

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Need advice.
« on: June 24, 2016, 02:15:19 pm »
Hi everyone.

For my first SAC I got 100%, my second 98%...and today I got my practice exam questions back and my teacher had virtually given me half of the allocated marks for each of them. He said I needed to use specific case studies.
I'm just feeling very disheartened because I have no idea where to find the resources. I was including lots of examples, but apparently the assessors will want up to 4 in depth case studies in your response. If I can't get the full 8 marks in the questions, I'm not looking forward to the 20 mark essay.
Anyone who did really well in global, I'd appreciate some advice. Thank you.
Tutoring Global Politics (44) and Legal Studies (47). PM for information.

ATAR 2016: 97.00

Monash Law(Hons)/Arts, 80+ WAM.

bryce22

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Parade
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Re: Need advice.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 04:01:13 pm »
I'm having a slightly similar problem, I'm afraid google is your best option. This subject requires a lot of independent research and learning unless you have a very good teacher. For the China AOS i did so much research gathering examples etc.

Locinator

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 04:07:34 pm »
Using previous notes (you can find them here or note exchange), the textbook and sharing examples with friends is the quickest way to do it.

If you still can't find an example to prove a point you are trying to make, identify that before the SAC and use google to find an example.

Another good strategy is to reuse examples for multiple points, supposing they are different questions. For example, the UNSC arms embargo placed on Gadaffi and Libya shows both the power of the UN and a challenge to state sovereignty
2016: Global Politics [37], Revolutions [43]

2017: English Language [30], Methods [30], Economics [43], Legal Studies [42]

EmilyRoseLamb

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 06:36:18 pm »
Thank you for that, I went to the Engage Education lecture a few weeks ago and the notes were excellent. I think doing a tremendous amount of independent research is the only option. The lecturer told us no more than two case studies for each dot point will be necessary, and yes - to cross over where you can. Apparently Anna-Louise is writing the exam this year, so it may be a little more like previous years rather than the format of the 2015 exam.
Tutoring Global Politics (44) and Legal Studies (47). PM for information.

ATAR 2016: 97.00

Monash Law(Hons)/Arts, 80+ WAM.