Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 04:03:28 am

Author Topic: What would be a suitable tone for this text?  (Read 602 times)  Share 

Jemin99

• Forum Regular
  • HEHEHEHEHE
  • Respect: 0
What would be a suitable tone for this text?
« on: November 17, 2016, 10:46:25 am »
I know this is an english thread, leme ask you a very relevant q,
So in this year's korean sl exam, it asked us to find a tone in a diary which this girl wrote ,saying how she should have taken care of her younger sister more.
So i wrote reflective
Some people however say it s a 'personal tone' . Next to the question, exam said an advertisement is written in a persuasive tone.
Do you think im right? I didnt know there is a 'personal' tone.

Cheers
2017: Maths Methods [50]
2018-2020 : Bachelor of Biomedicine (Neuroscience) at Unimelb
2021-2024: Doctor of Medicine at Unimelb

michael leahcim

Re: What would be a suitable tone for this text?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 02:32:14 pm »
+1
Hmm I'm not entirely sure what your question is. But if I'm guessing correctly, I don't think your answer is wrong. Both 'personal' and 'reflective' tone would be right in the context you gave. 'Personal' because it's an intimate reflection, and 'reflective' because she's considering a possibility of where she was at fault. You could even describe the tone as perhaps 'tentative' or even 'considered' (of course within reason). But from what I see, 'personal' and 'reflective' pretty much describes the same thing. There are lots of ways in which you could describe tones. In other words, there is no 'one-right answer'. It just has to hit the same ballpark, and I think your answer is reasonable. I don't know how they mark the exams over in Korean SL, but I don't think there should be any qualms with what you wrote.

Hope that clears your question.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:34:28 pm by michael leahcim »