Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:47:46 am

Author Topic: Ask Monash University  (Read 336276 times)  Share 

extremeftw

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +25
Re: Ask Monash University
« Reply #600 on: December 22, 2016, 02:58:44 pm »
Hey, so I was wondering if I were to do a Bachleor of science or bachelor of commerce first year, then wanted to transfer into a double degree with either science and biomedical science or commerce and biomedical science, would I be able to finish the double in   4 years, including the first year of science.
Thanks

Yes.

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #601 on: December 23, 2016, 10:36:02 pm »
Hi! I was wondering what the process was like to get permission to do a unit from the unit coordinator, and how strict the granting of permission is? There's a couple of units I would like to do in second year but it's looking like I cannot satisfy the prerequisites in first year as there's some other units I have my eye on that can only be done in first year.

Anyone can chime in if they have any info that could help! Thanks.
2017~2020 (Monash) | BA, BA(Hons)Psy
2021~ | job! - AN hiatus, it's been fun here (:

als0004

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #602 on: January 03, 2017, 04:55:29 pm »
Hey,

I've qualified for a guaranteed offer for Monash law and science double degree. However, I also have a keen interest for commerce and therefore was wondering if I could start off with the double degree, and have the space to do electives (single unit commerce subjects if possible). From there ill decide which I prefer more, and choose accordingly.

Regards, als0004
2016: Business Management (50), Legal Studies (42), Further Mathematics (44), English (39), Chemistry (35) ATAR: 96.25
2017-2021: Law and Science at Monash Uni

Ask Monash University

• Official Representative of Monash University
  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #603 on: January 05, 2017, 03:38:59 pm »
Hey, so I was wondering if I were to do a Bachleor of science or bachelor of commerce first year, then wanted to transfer into a double degree with either science and biomedical science or commerce and biomedical science, would I be able to finish the double in   4 years, including the first year of science.
Thanks

Hi moe4babylon,

It is possible to apply for an internal course transfer from a single degree into a double degree, however, the course duration may vary depending on which units you study in Year 1. We would highly recommend that you speak to a course advisor at the beginning of the course so they can guide you with unit selection, as some units may need to be completed in sequential order or may not be offered all year round.

Monash University ATAR Notes team. For more information about Monash and our courses visit study.monash

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #604 on: January 05, 2017, 04:17:49 pm »
Hi! I was wondering what the process was like to get permission to do a unit from the unit coordinator, and how strict the granting of permission is? There's a couple of units I would like to do in second year but it's looking like I cannot satisfy the prerequisites in first year as there's some other units I have my eye on that can only be done in first year.

Anyone can chime in if they have any info that could help! Thanks.

Hi www,

You will need to speak to your managing faculty directly to see whether there is room for you to undertake additional units outside the standard course structure. You should also email the unit coordinator directly (listed in the Handbook unit entry) for approval. Your faculty will be able to discuss this with you in accordance to your situation.
Monash University ATAR Notes team. For more information about Monash and our courses visit study.monash

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #605 on: January 05, 2017, 04:19:02 pm »
Hey,

I've qualified for a guaranteed offer for Monash law and science double degree. However, I also have a keen interest for commerce and therefore was wondering if I could start off with the double degree, and have the space to do electives (single unit commerce subjects if possible). From there ill decide which I prefer more, and choose accordingly.

Regards, als0004

Hi als0004,

The course structure of the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Science double degree is quite structured and there may not be any room for you to undertake elective units in Commerce, or overload your studies in first year. The course progression map will help you plan and meet the course requirements, and provide guidance on unit enrolment for each semester of study.

If you attempt the Laws (Honours)/ Science double degree and would rather prefer to study Laws (Honours)/ Commerce, you can apply for an internal course transfer after a year of study. Note, you may need to extend the total course duration if the units you study in Science do not align into the Commerce course structure. Please speak to a course advisor at the beginning of the course so they can provide you with unit selection advice.

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #606 on: January 05, 2017, 04:20:05 pm »
Greetings!

I'm just wondering for the BMedSci+MD course next year do students have any exchange opportunity with universities in other countries during the five years?
Hi Knarf,

Students enrolled in the 5 year direct-entry Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine course may be able to complete one of their final year clinical rotations overseas for six weeks. A list of the overseas exchange locations with our partner universities is available at http://med.monash.edu.au/medicine/clinical-sites/.

guest123

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: -2
« Reply #607 on: January 09, 2017, 03:05:33 pm »
I've emailed Monash multiple times with this question and still haven't been given an answer. Basically, I will be on a cruise from 13-25 Jan and may not have access to wifi to check my round 1 offers. I need to know if I need to organise for someone else to enrol for me if the enrolement date is before the 25th Jan? Thank you
2015- Methods (46)
2016- Spec (42), Chem (43), Bio (41), Eng Lang (36), MUEP Maths (4.5) ATAR: 99.25
2017- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) at Monash
Message me if you're interested in tutoring 😊

Individu

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #608 on: January 10, 2017, 09:45:06 pm »
+2
Hi Ask Monash University,

If I were to receive an offer in a course from Monash in the first round and accept it, would it still be possible to get a second round offer in another Monash course (if I shifted its preference to #1)

Would I have to reject the first round offer to be eligible for the second round offer?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:50:57 pm by Individu »

chenay0123

• Adventurer
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #609 on: January 11, 2017, 04:42:09 am »

I recently received an email from the Faculty of Arts saying:

We are currently assessing your application and require either original or certified hard copies of the below documents to further assess your application:

- Transcript of studies for your Diploma verifying you have completed and your grades

I'm not sure what transcript they are referring to. I just graduated Year 12 so I don't know if that's the diploma?

Thank you!

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #610 on: January 12, 2017, 05:30:19 pm »
I've emailed Monash multiple times with this question and still haven't been given an answer. Basically, I will be on a cruise from 13-25 Jan and may not have access to wifi to check my round 1 offers. I need to know if I need to organise for someone else to enrol for me if the enrolement date is before the 25th Jan? Thank you

Hi guest123,

If you are a domestic applicant and receive an offer through VTAC on 18 January, you will need to accept your offer online. You will be provided with a link with instructions on how to log on, accept your offer and enrol into your units. However if you are not back in time, this could mean that you may be missing out on a Course Information Session on campus. Details regarding what to do in this situation will be explained in the offer letter. Hope the information helps.

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #611 on: January 12, 2017, 05:31:29 pm »
+1

If I were to receive an offer in a course from Monash in the first round and accept it, would it still be possible to get a second round offer in another Monash course (if I shifted its preference to #1)

Would I have to reject the first round offer to be eligible for the second round offer?

Hi Individu,

You should always accept the offer you receive in Round 1. If you would like to be considered for a second round offer, you can then go back into VTAC and change your course preference order (shift the one you really want above the course you received an offer for). If places for your course of interest are still available in Round 2 and you meet all the course requirements, you may receive an offer in round 2. If you do receive an offer in Round 2, you can then go back and withdraw the offer you received in Round 1.

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #612 on: January 12, 2017, 05:32:50 pm »

I recently received an email from the Faculty of Arts saying:

We are currently assessing your application and require either original or certified hard copies of the below documents to further assess your application:

- Transcript of studies for your Diploma verifying you have completed and your grades

I'm not sure what transcript they are referring to. I just graduated Year 12 so I don't know if that's the diploma?

Thank you!

Hi chenay0123,

Please submit an enquiry through AskMonash (monash-ext.custhelp.com/app/ask) and include your VTAC ID number, full name, date of birth and contact details. A staff member will be able to follow up with your enquiry.

23serenity

• Trailblazer
  • Hi I am nathan
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #613 on: January 14, 2017, 08:56:32 pm »
Hello ,

I would like to know about transfers to Monash Uni Clayton if I am coming from another uni like RMIT
If I was to study applied sciences at RMIT , what streams would  i take at rmit ?? (appplied chem or applied science) to be able to transfer to Monash science
If we didnt get any credit would i still be able to trasnfer ?? we just need that 60% pass right??
Would mid year transfers or end years transfers be available ??

Thank you for any help
-nathan

esthertham58

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #614 on: January 16, 2017, 10:38:37 pm »
Hi there,
   I am interested in doing Biomedical Science at Monash this year. If I have an planning to do graduate medicine in the future, what electives do you guys recommend me to do? From the monash website I know that I can only choose electives starting with the prefixes BCH, BME, DEV, GEN, HUP, IMM, MIC, MIS, PHA and PHY. From the atar notes forum, I know that CHM 1011 and CHM 1022 is recommended. Is there any other electives that are popular among aspiring graduate medical students?
2. Do biomedical students have to take electives  ( Monash)?
3.   Can biomedical students major/ minor in certain units

Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Thanks! :)