Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:41:00 am

Author Topic: The New Admins Are...  (Read 3552 times)  Share 

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
The New Admins Are...
« on: February 18, 2017, 06:10:37 pm »
+25
Joseph41, jamonwindeyer, and literally lauren.

Please offer a big congratulations :)

The contributions made to the ATAR Notes community by these three people are gargantuan and nearly unrivalled.

In the past few years, my own contributions have steadily transitioned from being completely online (essay marking, moderation) to predominantly offline (lectures, NSW development). To give the community the love it deserves, we welcome the new administrators on board. Of course, I'll still be online literally everyday, but the expanded team will allow the Victorian community to get the love and focus it deserves as NSW continues to grow!

As the three people above begin to take on their new roles, I'd encourage you to transition into a new role yourself - transition from lurker to poster, from poster to super-contributor, from super-contributor to moderator and so on. As we approach our ten year anniversary, this community only keeps getting better based on the love shown to it by its amazing base of users. Follow in the footsteps of those who've come before you and make the best mark on this community that you can :)
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: The New Admins Are...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 07:11:08 pm »
+5
Congrats to all of you. Couldn't really find more deserving people :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 09:27:21 am »
+11
I can't wait to get started! :D

ATAR Notes is practically my favourite thing in the world. I joined at the start of Year 12 (having lurked for a time), benefited during my own studies, and have since graduated from uni and am working full time. I know first hand the benefit of AN and, having also been on the other side of the advice, my passion for the community has only grown.

P.S. I think the fact that we now have four administrators really demonstrates how much work Brenden has done for this community over the years (as a contributor, moderator and administrator). Champion.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 10:19:59 am »
+7
Congrats, guys! Now, try not to delete your own accounts by accident. ;)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 11:06:22 am »
+13
Thanks guys!! I'm really excited to be a part of helping this community flourish even more than it already has :)

ATAR Notes was virtually non-existent in NSW when I did my HSC, and indeed, there was NOTHING like it around. Really, it still seems too good to be true after being a part of the site for the last two years, and seeing how far the NSW community has come in such a short time is absolutely incredulous.

The ATAR Notes community is something special. It's made a huge impact on me personally; I don't think I've had a day without at least checking in with the site since early 2016. It's become a part of my life, and I've met some incredible people and close friends through this community. Further, I know it has made a huge impact on so many students in so many distinct and powerful ways. Not many online communities can boast that sort of real world impact.

I've worked with both the online and offline initiatives of ATAR Notes, much in close conjunction with Brenden, and I've seen first hand how hard he works to keep this community moving. The man lives and breathes ATAR Notes. He cares about this community on an inspirational level, and his contributions could never be recognised enough. I feel really privileged to be working with him, Joseph and Lauren to steer this site into the future :)

literally lauren

• Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Resident English/Lit Nerd
  • Respect: +1423
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 10:18:26 am »
+12
Huh?

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 09:46:19 am »
+4
Huh?

Brenden: Just ask this new administrator.
Lauren: Uhh.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.