Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:23:44 pm

Author Topic: Uni timetable! 4 days?  (Read 2291 times)  Share 

Teba

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Uni timetable! 4 days?
« on: January 13, 2017, 11:00:21 pm »
Hey guys,
just wondering, can I organise my uni timetable in a way that would allocate around 21 hours in 4 days instead of 5???
Ps this is for biomed/eng double degree at Monash.
Thanks in advance :)

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Uni timetable! 4 days?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 11:20:22 pm »
I have moved your thread to the specific board for Monash Uni. Please refer to Re: Please post degree-specific questions in the relevant faculty forums. for info as to why your thread was moved. Thanks
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 03:04:57 pm »
+1
Hey guys,
just wondering, can I organise my uni timetable in a way that would allocate around 21 hours in 4 days instead of 5???
Ps this is for biomed/eng double degree at Monash.
Thanks in advance :)

Have you tried using the codes for the units you're taking and played around with this little old gem recommended by EulerFan101 yet? If not, give it a go and see if you can. It's pretty self-explanatory to use.

One handy tip I recommend is that you should try not to fit 2 or more labs end on end together. It's really tiring and leaves you super hungry.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Teba

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 11:52:07 pm »
Have you tried using the codes for the units you're taking and played around with this little old gem recommended by EulerFan101 yet? If not, give it a go and see if you can. It's pretty self-explanatory to use.

One handy tip I recommend is that you should try not to fit 2 or more labs end on end together. It's really tiring and leaves you super hungry.

I will give that a go! Thank you so much for ur help

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 12:13:53 am »
+2
Also - Don't expect that you'll get every timeslot you pick. Every semester i've tried to get my preferred times or a decent timetable and have been screwed every single time. Try your hardest to find a timetable that suits you, but don't expect a pot of gold when they're allocated :P

When I allocated my days - I personally had the opposite view to AngelWings. I actually preferred doing blocks of classes in a day (e.g. 4 in a row, 1 hour break, then another 4 - or something like that). That way, you can knock out most of your classes in a few days and maximise your time off. That's just me though.

That being said, it is possible to get a day off (to do 4 days in a week, instead of 5). Best of luck!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 12:18:48 am by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Orson

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 06:27:14 pm »
+1
It really depends on the degree you are doing. From experience, you wouldn't want to stack engineering classes, especially labs (which go for 3 hours) as they are pretty intense, and therefore tiring. You don't want to turn up to a lab tired as its when you do most of your learning. I've been lucky enough not to have labs back to back, but even after one lab, you get pretty tired. I assume biomed lectures and labs are similar. Also, breaks are great for catching up with friends or just grabbing lunch.

However, in the case of commerce, which is less hands on than engineering, I could probably stack 3 or 4 lectures in a row and be fine.

On the topic of minimising your time on campus, it may depend on if you are going to attend all your lectures. Last semester I had only one lecture on Fridays, and I initially planned on staying home and watching it, but I actually ended up spending half a day or more at uni for engineering group work, so my planned 4 days effectively became 5.

If you have any engineering specific questions for me, please PM or ask here.

- Orson
2015: VCE
2016: BCivEng(Hons)/BCom at MU

Feel free to PM me for your engineering queries