Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:26:59 pm

Author Topic: Uni Enhancement program location.  (Read 1487 times)  Share 

EmilyLamb_

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Bendigo Senior Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Uni Enhancement program location.
« on: June 17, 2015, 10:55:22 am »
Hi there,

I'm interested in participating in a Uni extension/enhancement subject, and it would be extremely convenient to complete La Trobe University's VCE plus program (as I currently attend school right next to the Bendigo campus), however intend to go to either the University of Melbourne or Monash when I complete VCE. Is there a problem with taking a uni subject at a different uni to the one you hope to attend full time after year 12? Just as a side note, it is possible for me to go to Melbourne if need be, it would just be fantastic to cut out some travel whilst I am full time in Bendigo.

Thank you!

lacune

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: SC
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: Uni Enhancement program location.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 06:37:14 pm »
It depends on what subject it is. Generally first year subjects (which will be the ones you have the opportunity to do in Yr12 as an extension subject) are pretty similar across unis (eg  science subjects) so you'll probably be able to get credit for them. Melbourne/Monash I believe have a page on their respective websites where you can check which units from other unis are equivalent to their units (and hence know that they'll be recognised).

Even if you might not be able to get credit for them at Melbourne or Monash, I think uni extension subjects are still worth considering doing. It counts towards your VCE and can still form part of your university transcript, just perhaps not part of your Melbourne/Monash degree if it doesn't end up being credited. It's also a great addition to your VCE and a taste of 'uni-style' learning.