Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:27:46 pm

Author Topic: ICAS Science 2015  (Read 7113 times)  Share 

TheAspiringDoc

ICAS Science 2015
« on: April 23, 2015, 06:12:49 pm »
+2
Hi! :)
So I'm hoping to put quite a bit of effort into studying for the ICAS Science paper G (year 9) this year as it is a good learning experience and if you do well it can open up new opportunities. My plan this year is to purchase three past papers (though slightly more expensive then the 'practice online' variant, I believe they are better as you are doing under more realistic conditions [i.e. on paper]) and work through them, trying to get an depth understanding of the questions I either don't get or get wrong. I'm also going to work through the practice questions (found here https://www.eaa.unsw.edu.au/icas/download-practice-questions ). The reason I've created this thread is because I'm aware that many of the students trying out for JMSS (I'm not) are using the ICAS papers as a way of preparing for their selection tests. Please feel free to share your plans/experiences/thoughts (f)o(r/f/n) ICAS science or ask questions. :)

TheAspiringDoc

Re: ICAS Science 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 09:47:40 am »
Could someone please help me with this sample question from the Big Science Competition (tomorrow!!)

Why can electrical signals create different sensations on the touchscreen?
A Human skin is a very good conductor of electricity.
B Electrical signals are more easily controlled than other types of signals.
C Electrical impulses are used to transmit information from sense receptors to the brain.
D ‘Smart’ materials in touchscreens conduct electricity better than other forms of energy

~Asuna~

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 11:25:08 am »
I did the maths paper G and I only got 23/35! T-T My sister explained how to do the rest though and I think I got them now. Have you done a maths one?

TheAspiringDoc

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 11:33:37 am »
Not yet, but I'm doing ICAS Maths G this year and have three pratise papers sitting on my desk - can't wait!!  ;D

TheAspiringDoc

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 08:42:42 am »
I did the maths paper G and I only got 23/35! T-T My sister explained how to do the rest though and I think I got them now. Have you done a maths one?
I'm pretty sure paper G has 40 questions?